... New Puppy!

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

... New Puppy!

Post by Solauren »

Those of you with good memories, or that looked over the last 2 pages of thread titles, will recall my wife and I put our dogs down last year.

My wife and I discussed and decided we would not get a new dog until at least spring, and us going on a trip

Well, went to Disney Land (Star Wars specifically) in Florida the third week of April.

2 weeks prior, we found an add on Kiiji. Someone expecting a litter of puppies of the breed my wife has wanted for 2 decades.

End result - Yesterday, we brought our 8 week old Shiba Inu puppy home.

Introducing... Renji!

I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Re: ... New Puppy!

Post by LadyTevar »

OMG IT'S SO ADORABLE!!!!

I wanna hold it and cuddle it and pet it and play with those big ears!
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

PUPPY!

That's not Renji Abarai Renji?

Either way cute doggy, I demand more puppy pictures, perhaps even puppy gifs

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

That's a rather Fox-looking dog! (Maybe the solution for the old problem of Foxes being a dog OS running on cat hardware?)
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Mr Bean wrote: 2023-06-18 06:55pm PUPPY!

Let me put it this way, if we plan to get a female black and tan of the same breed, and name it Rukia.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Batman wrote: 2023-06-18 07:04pm That's a rather Fox-looking dog! (Maybe the solution for the old problem of Foxes being a dog OS running on cat hardware?)
The breed looks like that (shrugs).

Here is a picture of an adult Shiba Inu of the same coloring.

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

No doesn't look like a fox all that much anymore.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

you now have a Doge
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
fnord
Jedi Knight

Post by fnord »

How's Renji setting in?
A mad person thinks there's a gateway to hell in his basement. A mad genius builds one and turns it on. - CaptainChewbacca
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Marko Dash wrote: 2023-06-19 12:23am you now have a Doge
He's gonna be rich
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Batman wrote: 2023-06-18 07:13pm No doesn't look like a fox all that much anymore.
From what I've read, they're a Spitz-breed hunting dog. Used to be used to flush small game such as rabbits and birds, so they're built smaller than other Japanese breeds and have a coat suitable for moving through brush without catching (much).

Gonna be fun each spring when the double coat starts shedding. Gonna need a strong brush/comb to get all that fur out.
Although I have heard you can use the shed fur to stuff pillows, but it'd need washed to get the "Dog smell" out of it.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

More pictures

Renji at 5 weeks, on the day we meet and chose him.

This past Saturday, in the car before we left the breeders with him.

First meal at home (we're mostly feeding him by hand, he's not to happy with that big metal bowl)

$40 for a bed. Him sleeping on the floor where the previous two use to - Priceless

Renji in the backyard. Apparently, a few spots in the yard are absolutely fascinating

And him sitting at the edge of the patio,wondering where the fence we had put up that didn't work went. (he can slip between the bars still)

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Mr Bean wrote: 2023-06-18 06:55pm PUPPY!

See Above :)

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

OMG!! SQUEE!! HE DOES THE CORGI SPLAT!!!

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

My lovely wife has said she's going to be one of 'those people' that post lots of stuff for their dogs.

Partially cause she is enthralled with the little guy.
Partially cause we lost a a bunch of pictures of our previous dogs due to a hard drive failure, but were able to recover a bunch that we'd uploaded to facebook.

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

More

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Very cute dog. I thought he was wearing a bow tie (bow ties are cool) before realising it was a collar with a bone design.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

Those links have expired, can't view the pictures now :(