I got Married!

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

I got Married!

Post by Lonestar »

Got married on Saturday. We had been engaged for over a year at that point. Whole thing went off without a hitch, despite the bride being on a work trip in Cuba up until Thursday night. My sister in law broke her 3-wedding-strong streak of ruining every family wedding this time around, thank the Lords of Kobol.

We are going to Peru this December for out honeymoon.

Thanks to those who sent us a card, we appreciate it.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Re: I got Married!

Post by Mr Bean »

Congratulations Lonestar!
And Congratulations on successfully dodging the in law curse... at least for now.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

Congrats!
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Congrats, BINARYstar!
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
Torben
Padawan Learner
Location: Somewhere just to the left of reality, or SW Florida

Post by Torben »

Congratulations!
“I prefer Gary,” the Centurion said. - Centurion GRY-237427, "The Hunted"

“This sucks,” Gary said, as the Land-Rams to either side exploded. “I will request a transfer from your command in our next life, Commander.” - Centurion GRY-237427, "The Hunted"

Give a man a match, you warm him for a day. Set him on fire, you warm him for the rest of his life - Terry Pratchett
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Congratulations!
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Lonestar wrote: 2018-01-17 07:43pm Got married on Saturday. We had been engaged for over a year at that point. Whole thing went off without a hitch, despite the bride being on a work trip in Cuba up until Thursday night. My sister in law broke her 3-wedding-strong streak of ruining every family wedding this time around, thank the Lords of Kobol.

We are going to Peru this December for out honeymoon.

Thanks to those who sent us a card, we appreciate it.
Yay, congratulations!
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Congratulations on finding someone special!
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Congratulations!
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

You got married? Congrats!

Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

Congratulations - wishing you a long and happy life together

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Congrats from the long-married side.

Wish you a happy and enduring union!
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Congratulations!
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Congrats from someone who's engaged to marry this summer :D
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Congrats to you lonestar. Guess this means less warships from now on... but a worthy price to pay.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Congrats!
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

As I said on facebook, congratulations and best wishes for many happy years to come.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

Congratulations!
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Thanas wrote: 2018-01-18 07:44am Congrats to you lonestar. Guess this means less warships from now on... but a worthy price to pay.
Honestly, the whole "full time student at GWU and full time employee at [REDACTED]" is what's sharply limited my warships this past year.

She does sarcastically repeat "the ship's on fire!" whenever the ship is on fire tho.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

May you have many happy years together.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Man down, man down!
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Congratulations
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Lonestar wrote: 2018-01-18 03:26pm She does sarcastically repeat "the ship's on fire!" whenever the ship is on fire tho.
Then I recommend you do not install the Dasha voice pack :)
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Congrats.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Oh man, I feel you pain...er...I mean hey, congratulations man, welcome to club!
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P