[discussion] metavac

Moderator: CmdrWilkens

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I second.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

In the discussion of such a move, I present the following multiple violations of AR3.

Ghost flushes a thread, metavac snaps at him.

And again!

Within half an hour of each other, no less. The boy doesn't get it.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

I'm just going to throw out that metavac seems more naive than malicious. My guess is that he thinks arguing that the reposting of articles is illegal has nothing to do with the violation of AR3.

Regardless, he didn't do his homework with respect to the policy of posting entire articles and was in explicit violation of AR3, which is taken very seriously, so he does deserve some punishment.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Posters like him perplex me. They seem to be on a mission to get banned. "I'll just run right over those warnings and suggestions people have handed me, because it's full-speed ahead to Parting Shots!" Why? What's the point?

PS: Any sympathy I may have had for him with the naive thing was completely lost with the repeated use of "son" to Nitram. I don't care how old he is; that's intentionally disrespectful and was repeated after he was explicitly told to not do it again. He can fry, for all I care. Seems like it's what he wants anyhow.
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Surlethe wrote:I'm just going to throw out that metavac seems more naive than malicious. My guess is that he thinks arguing that the reposting of articles is illegal has nothing to do with the violation of AR3.

Regardless, he didn't do his homework with respect to the policy of posting entire articles and was in explicit violation of AR3, which is taken very seriously, so he does deserve some punishment.
If he really thought it was illegal, why not just tell a Senator? Your argument requires we ignore his colossal ego, which he puts on grand display regularly.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Put up the poll because honestly he has not learned and is just going to scream until we acknowledge our ineptitude to his superior mind.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

SirNitram wrote:If he really thought it was illegal, why not just tell a Senator? Your argument requires we ignore his colossal ego, which he puts on grand display regularly.
Because I don't think he's even trying to get policy changed. Flaming a moderator is one of the few areas where we have a substance-over-style policy, and he seems to have focused on the substance of the claim in question ("posting articles in full is illegal") instead of the style he's arguing.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Surlethe wrote:
SirNitram wrote:If he really thought it was illegal, why not just tell a Senator? Your argument requires we ignore his colossal ego, which he puts on grand display regularly.
Because I don't think he's even trying to get policy changed. Flaming a moderator is one of the few areas where we have a substance-over-style policy, and he seems to have focused on the substance of the claim in question ("posting articles in full is illegal") instead of the style he's arguing.
Except all he's doing is screaming how his point supercedes all others, and that his being the rule when it appears to the be the exception. Literally his bullshit of his protection was pure style over substance given who would be affected.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

We needs the big red SA style custom titles.
:D
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

can there really be someone whose that stupid to buy into the whole pack of lies like that?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin