[Vote] for the champion in the Coliseum

A failed experiment whereby board users were invited to advise the Senate, and instead attempted to replace the Senate.

Who'll challenge me?

Poll ended at 2009-09-02 09:36pm

Invictus ChiKen
33%
Alyrium Denryle
63%
Darth Yoshi
2%
Akhlut
2%

Total votes: 48

Surlethe
HATES GRADING

[Vote] for the champion in the Coliseum

Post by Surlethe »

Simple: vote for the person you'd prefer to see debate me in the Coliseum on presuppositionalism. Poll runs 10 days, although I hope we'll have a consensus before then.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Re: [Vote] for the champion in the Coliseum

Post by Gandalf »

Denryle, easily.

He clearly knows the material, and should be able to do well.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Kaiser Caesar
Youngling

Post by Kaiser Caesar »

Denryle for the same reasons as listed above by Gandalf.
Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

Denryle, for his obvious qualification and what I believe will prove to be an exemplary ability to wade through huge walls of text.
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Invictus Chicken... for the "LULZ". And maybe he will convert a few times during the debate. :wink:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Vehrec wrote:Denryle, for his obvious qualification and what I believe will prove to be an exemplary ability to wade through huge walls of text.
Wait, his ability or my ability? :wink:
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Surlethe wrote:
Vehrec wrote:Denryle, for his obvious qualification and what I believe will prove to be an exemplary ability to wade through huge walls of text.
Wait, his ability or my ability? :wink:

I am going to assume mine...
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Post by Ritterin Sophia »

I want to see Chicken convert to Islam and then to Deism and then back to Wicca in the course of the debate.
A Certain Clique, HAB, The Chroniclers
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

General Schatten wrote:I want to see Chicken convert to Islam and then to Deism and then back to Wicca in the course of the debate.
Shouldnt we be striving for... competent combatants rather than "Lulz" when it comes to the flavian amphitheater?
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:
General Schatten wrote:I want to see Chicken convert to Islam and then to Deism and then back to Wicca in the course of the debate.
Shouldnt we be striving for... competent combatants rather than "Lulz" when it comes to the flavian amphitheater?
Of course, my vote was a throw away as I had no doubt you would win. Honestly, though, I wasn't expecting this good of a showing with the votes for IC. :| I'm hoping other people voted for him for the same reason I did at least.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

I blame testing?

Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

I actually voted for IC in the hopes that debating in the Coliseum would foster some sort of sense of logical/rational thought in the guy.
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Cpl Kendall wrote:I actually voted for IC in the hopes that debating in the Coliseum would foster some sort of sense of logical/rational thought in the guy.
That is when you pick a non-technical (but still challenging) topic with one of our mid-range debaters. You dont put the poor kid against Surlethe with a very technical topic when the object of said Surlethe is to see how well he can defend a position that is weak against anyone who knows the material (which the boy does not).

The result will only be the intellectual equivalent of this

Complete with the gibbering insanity

Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Post by Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:
I'm not sure you're entirely aware what the purpose of the real Flavian Amphitheatre was.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba wrote:
Alyrium Denryle wrote:
I'm not sure you're entirely aware what the purpose of the real Flavian Amphitheatre was.
Oh, I do. But ours has a different purpose.