Senate Votes & Chatter

A failed experiment whereby board users were invited to advise the Senate, and instead attempted to replace the Senate.
seanrobertson
Jedi Council Member

Re: Senate Votes & Chatter

Post by seanrobertson »

This is a bit old, but after seeing this thread pop up several times when I searched my handle in the search engine, I thought it only proper to respond:
Dark Hellion wrote:You don't like the vetting process of the HoC? Then act like adults and come to the HoC and say as much.
Ah, and here I thought it was the responsibility of the members of the HoC to conduct themselves like adults when engaging in administrative actions. I didn't realize that being a Senator also made me playground supervisor.
This is of course ignoring that SeanRobertson called you out in the Membership thread.
Sean didn't "call me out", he advocated the promotion of Bounty to the Senate. I liked another candidate better, and had already cast my vote before he posted (I was the 3rd to do so). Sean is a big boy, he is more than capable of defending his nomination without your help, in fact your aid is more likely to be a detriment.
Wha?

Early in one of the HoC-inspired vote threads, I saw a lot of abstentions. I myself thought Bounty a worthy addition to the Senate, so I -- more or less -- wanted to ask: why are so many people abstaining?

That was well before I realized that the HoC had "sent up" a bunch of less-than-serious nominations (hence, the principled abstentions). As such, I certainly didn't mean to "call out" Daniel or anyone else. I was knee-deep in family troubles at the time and, as a generally nice guy, I hoped my good nature might beget some explanation as to the strangeness at hand, something I'd had very little time to investigate.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world, or despair, or fuckin' beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, ya got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man ... and give some back.
-Al Swearengen

Cry woe, destruction, ruin and decay: The worst is death, and death will have his day.
-Ole' Shakey's "Richard II," Act III, scene ii.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Link to this thread?
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Again I will apologize for making much ado about nothing. Shakespeare did it much better. I was between jobs and I picking a fight because I was stressed. I went a bit overboard.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

It happens man. At least you recognize the cause and apologized for it. Most people wouldn't be that big about it.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

You know Havok if the Cubs win this year I am blaming you for the world ending, because us agreeing in the HoC has to be one of the signs. :lol:
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!