Thank you to our mods

A failed experiment whereby board users were invited to advise the Senate, and instead attempted to replace the Senate.
Sharp-kun
Sith Devotee

Re: Thank you to our mods

Post by Sharp-kun »

Pretty pathetic, sure, but for those who browse at work, it could still have dire consequences.

Luckily I was at home, but I dread to think what would have happened had I opened one of the threads in the office.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Sharp-kun wrote:Pretty pathetic, sure, but for those who browse at work, it could still have dire consequences.

Luckily I was at home, but I dread to think what would have happened had I opened one of the threads in the office.
One would hope this would encourage people to turn off images while browsing at places like work.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Sharp-kun
Sith Devotee

Post by Sharp-kun »

General Zod wrote: One would hope this would encourage people to turn off images while browsing at places like work.
Sure, it will, but I assumed based on stuff I read waaay back that all sign ups were checked and so the chances of this were minute.

Its lazy, but I cba changing my settings everything I pop on for 5 minutes during my lunchbreak, and assume threads NSFW would be marked as such.
chitoryu12
Jedi Council Member

Post by chitoryu12 »

Any board with moderation and posters as vigilant as this one about trolling would make an invasion pointless. Outside of outright hacking and defacing the board, trolls can't really do much.
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

havokeff wrote:
Darth Wong wrote:Indeed. Good work, guys.

PS. Mr. Coffee, is there some particular reason why you insist on playing the drama queen in all matters related to the board administration?
See Mike, if we had the Poll function back in testing, we could address this question in the appropriate way. :wink:
What Hav said...

Seriously though, Mike, it really wasn't until I walked into a thread and got smacked face first with a picture of some little kid sucking a dick that I really felt any thing resembling drama. Just saying, under the old registration system it would have been a lot harder for this "invasion" to have happened.

Though I'll admit that once they were alreated, the Admins and Mods cleaned house pretty damned well.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Why doesn't the faction come out and say what seems to be on the tips of their tongues, that really, its the admins fault because they let in these undesirables.

The registration system change was discussed fully. The decision was made after going through all official channels.

No one can stop invasions of this type easily without massive amounts of work. It was determined that the amount of work put in was detrimental compared to the number of trolls stopped.

Perhaps the chans waited for us to change the system, perhaps they just saw a weakness and went after a board that disses the chans a lot. Perhaps it was random.

Everything was handled properly. The pictures deleted, law enforcement informed, users banned, registration stopped. If this was somehow not perfect enough, please enlighten us.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

I think this has served its purpose; it is now a free-for-all about SC, vendettas, rules, and other stuff. It has been copied here in Off Topic where you may resume your regularly scheduled discussion.

--Coyote
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!