[Member] Perpetual Nomination Thread

A failed experiment whereby board users were invited to advise the Senate, and instead attempted to replace the Senate.
Big Phil
BANNED

Re: [Member] Perpetual Nomination Thread

Post by Big Phil »

Formless wrote:
SancheztheWhaler wrote:but you can't exclude people from Testing. The first rule of any elite organization is keeping undesirables out.
Oh, they do, its just not official. :wink:
And that's my point. In order to be super-duper cool, popular, good looking, and better than everyone else (on a fucking web board :wanker: ), the anti-Senate (or Wobblygamepits) needs to be OFFICIAL!
In Brazil they say that Pele was the best, but Garrincha was better
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Mr. Coffee wrote:Hav's got a valid point, Lonestar. How the fuck is he supposed to know what Ender told someone else in a PM or a private forum? Instead fo saying "Hey, that's not the case, Ender's got soem IRL issues to take care of, blah blah blah", Wilkin's blows a testicle and jumps homboy's ass. Like I said, glad to know I can count on the mature and rational leadership of the SDN Senate... :roll:
I guess you don't see that my complaint isn't about him knowing its about his grandiose accusation WITH NO EVIDENCE. This board once upon a time called people out for making baseless assumptions which is exactly what Havok did. He decided that the reason he hadn't seen Ender was because he had been scared away after the nomination thread fight. If a member leaves then they are gone, they don't owe you an explanation but when you start talking shit when a person isn't there WITH NO EVIDENCE then you are just a little bitchy backstabbing teenage drama queen.

Havok decided that he would call Ender a coward because he could since Ender wasn't around to defend himself. I had enough of that little bitchy drama when I went through high school and I don't need it here.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

CmdrWilkens wrote:I guess you don't see that my complaint isn't about him knowing its about his grandiose accusation WITH NO EVIDENCE. This board once upon a time called people out for making baseless assumptions which is exactly what Havok did. He decided that the reason he hadn't seen Ender was because he had been scared away after the nomination thread fight. If a member leaves then they are gone, they don't owe you an explanation but when you start talking shit when a person isn't there WITH NO EVIDENCE then you are just a little bitchy backstabbing teenage drama queen.
Or maybe it's that Hav didn't know Ender was off on some personal shit and you showed your ass loud and clear and are now whining about it like a little cunt with a skinned knee?

CmdrWilkens wrote:Havok decided that he would call Ender a coward because he could since Ender wasn't around to defend himself. I had enough of that little bitchy drama when I went through high school and I don't need it here.
So basically you're PMSing and can't admit that you really didn't need to jump Hav's shit when you could have just said "hey, that's not the case, blah blah blah". Instead you pulled a Duchess and now I'm laughing at you.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

In the end, Hav did step into a fire, inadvertantly. Saying that Ender left because he couldn't take the arguments leveled is a judgement he came to, but one that should have a bit more merit towards it rather then a broad assumption. Compounding this is that Ender does have a few friends still on the board and then adding "Guy's a douche." doesn't stop the drama and in fact bolsters it.

Thus either Hav could say "sorry for the assumption" or this continues on its happy road.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Mr. Coffee wrote:
CmdrWilkens wrote:I guess you don't see that my complaint isn't about him knowing its about his grandiose accusation WITH NO EVIDENCE. This board once upon a time called people out for making baseless assumptions which is exactly what Havok did. He decided that the reason he hadn't seen Ender was because he had been scared away after the nomination thread fight. If a member leaves then they are gone, they don't owe you an explanation but when you start talking shit when a person isn't there WITH NO EVIDENCE then you are just a little bitchy backstabbing teenage drama queen.
Or maybe it's that Hav didn't know Ender was off on some personal shit and you showed your ass loud and clear and are now whining about it like a little cunt with a skinned knee?
Once again you miss the point, it doesn't fucking matter if Hav knew why he was gone, the guy called Ender a coward fopr no reason other than to be a dick. if you want to join him in struting around flexing pretending to be the big boy waving your dick for everyone to see that's your business but I'm calling an asshole an asshole when he levels an unsubstantiated accusation.
Havok decided that he would call Ender a coward because he could since Ender wasn't around to defend himself. I had enough of that little bitchy drama when I went through high school and I don't need it here.
So basically you're PMSing and can't admit that you really didn't need to jump Hav's shit when you could have just said "hey, that's not the case, blah blah blah". Instead you pulled a Duchess and now I'm laughing at you.
You are just declaring that its perfectly cool to make unjustified assumptions about other baord members...clearly then you would be fine if I said that your conduct in this thread means you fuck disease ridden goats in front of an audience for change.

If you can't see that Hav made a baseless assumption and THAT is what I am calling him out for then maybe you should grab yourself some remedial English.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

CmdrWilkens wrote:Once again you miss the point, it doesn't fucking matter if Hav knew why he was gone, the guy called Ender a coward fopr no reason other than to be a dick. if you want to join him in struting around flexing pretending to be the big boy waving your dick for everyone to see that's your business but I'm calling an asshole an asshole when he levels an unsubstantiated accusation.
Or instead of flying off the handle like a fucking 13 year old, you could have just told him. That's my point.
CmdrWilkens wrote:You are just declaring that its perfectly cool to make unjustified assumptions about other baord members...clearly then you would be fine if I said that your conduct in this thread means you fuck disease ridden goats in front of an audience for change.
People make baseless assumptions about others on this board all the fucking time, you whiny pussy. Usually they wait for clearification before flaming the other guy, but hey, you're a Senator and I've come to expect being an immature, self-important asshole as being a prerequisite for membership.

CmdrWilkens wrote:If you can't see that Hav made a baseless assumption and THAT is what I am calling him out for then maybe you should grab yourself some remedial English.
I never denied that he did, you fucking idiot. I said he didn't know the circumstances for why Ender isn't here. All I'm saying is maybe you should try not being a complete and total aspie raging out at people before explaining the situation.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

First of all, I don't think Ender is a coward, I think he is a douche.
Second, regardless of him being here or not, I would still think that and I would still say that, so please don't think I am 'attacking' him because he is not here.
Third, it is not unprecedented that people leave the board in a huff after a thread/argument/dogpile that they don't like (Pick, Howedar, Poe) so my 'baseless accusation' is in fact, not.
Fourth, I was taking a jab at Senators in general and not particularly Ender. If you think I wouldn't have said the same thing about anyone else, think again.
Fifth, as I actually respect Ghost Rider and his opinions on matters, I will put fourth an apology on the issue.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Oh for the love of...

Okay, everyone? Calm the hell down. I can't count the number of times I've seen this shit go down and it stops here. Wilkens, you and a select few know the reason Ender's not been around. You should know how it can look from the outside without that information. I know it's perhaps a bit more personal in this case, but you're going to need to relax. Hav may have been a bit out of line with his comment, but it's nothing a simple correction couldn't have fixed.

Hav, Coffee, just accept that the reason Ender's been away is almost certainly nothing to do with the argument at hand and in fact has more real life concerns and there's probably a damn good reason he didn't announce it to the board. Consider that the Mess is involved and you can probably put two and two together.

The fact of the matter is that all too often when someone stops posting in a thread on SDN, it commonly means that they are either quietly ceding the point, running away to avoid talking about it, or overwhelmed with real life issues. Most of the time, especially in a heated debate, it ends up being options 1 or 2, not 3. I can't fault someone from assuming that per se, especially since the personal and professional lives of various posters, while not always withheld, are often times unknown to others.

Given that Hav has apologized, let's take a breath, relax, and move on, shall we?
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!