Thanks, Nova!

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

omegaLancer
Jedi Knight

Scaring the local

Post by omegaLancer »

My impression about the ufo is if they are extraterrial than they are very different from us, not just physically but also mentally... Hell from our point of view they may even be insane...

Maybe cutting up a cow and creatng giant circle in wheat fields are just their way of saying hello....

Or we are pit stop on the way to somewhere much more interesting...
IDMR
Moderator Emeritus

Post by IDMR »

Mr Bean wrote:Then there is the classic example

Its Alien Yokles doing it for fun to scare the poor back-words hut people on Earth

(If you had a Spaceship caple of Excedning C and the Free time you know you want to do it to somone :) )
Well, they would if they were the intergalactic equivalent of drunken teenagers with their parents' car. :D
"Intellectual rigor annoys people because it interferes with the pleasure they derive from allowing their wishes to be the fathers of their thoughts." - George F. Will

"If theory and reality diverges, change reality." - Josef Stalin
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Power lines

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

The first thing I wondered about when the Power lines conterversey (sp?) came to light was; should'nt people working in power generation plants exhibit higher rates of cancer too? What about the guys that work on repairing such lines and equipment?
Ai Phling Pu
Youngling

Post by Ai Phling Pu »

Hmm, here's my tackle of it -- no Randi.org cheating for me...

The study used too small a cross-section of subjects, or subjects which all had something besides their proximity to the power lines in common, or both. (All were from same town which had bad water table, or something.)

2. Insect catching the light from the video camera. (Some of them have extremely bright lights on them -- cameras, not the insects! lol)
"Now you shall feel the power of the -- aarrrgh! Arr... eeuuughhhh..."

"Concession accepted, Lord Vader."
--The Unnameable
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

This thread is from the very begining
Bump it back up I think I will

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Why? To inflate Nova's ego?
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Some else did so I figure it was a not so suble way of yet agian inflating my post Count Oh Infintie posting monkeys

(That and I had not posted anything in awhile)

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton