The most advanced private space company of the present time

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

jerry66
Redshirt

The most advanced private space company of the present time

Post by jerry66 »

Nowadays, privatespacecompany really succeeded and manufactures pretty good technology and space vehicle. What do you think is themostadvancedprivatespacecompany ( except Space X ) at the present time?
Lord Insanity
Padawan Learner

Re: The most advanced private space company of the present time

Post by Lord Insanity »

Space X by a wide margin. Why are you excluding the obvious answer?
-Lord Insanity

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" -The Real Willy Wonka
jerry66
Redshirt

Post by jerry66 »

Lord Insanity wrote: 2021-04-29 10:09pm Space X by a wide margin. Why are you excluding the obvious answer?
There are lots of private space companies that are worth to be paid attention to. For example, Blue Origin, it is a great private spacecompany. This company may be going slower than SpaceX, but their success to failure ratio is unmatched.Off cource it`s not so advanced like Space X and does not so well in thespace exploration area but still, Blue Origin has great spacecrafts and consepts that worth attention.
jerry66
Redshirt

Post by jerry66 »

Also, I`d like to mention Boing. It is the space company that worth to be mentioned too. This space aerospace manufactures engines for some spacecrafts and this compony had to take part in Artemis mission together with Space X and NASA
jerry66
Redshirt

Post by jerry66 »

Last of all, I`d like to say a few words about small but promising space company from Scotland and it`s called Skyrora. To be more accurate SKYRORA is new British/Ukraine Company for Small Satellite launcher. The main office is Based in Edinburgh, Scottland.
They continue were Black Arrow was Stop, using rocket power on Kerosine/HTP to launch Small Satellite.
You can visit page of this company and check out spacecrafts and some interesting technology related to space this company makes.
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

Is it really fair to call Boeing a private company given their longstanding integration with the US military industrial complex?

If you want a candidate - Rocket Lab for small satellites. Reusable, high launch cadence.
jerry66
Redshirt

Post by jerry66 »

GuppyShark wrote: 2021-04-30 07:31am Is it really fair to call Boeing a private company given their longstanding integration with the US military industrial complex?

If you want a candidate - Rocket Lab for small satellites. Reusable, high launch cadence.
Boeing also has a lot of interesting projects ( not military ) that can be made soon. Also, this company cooperates with NASA and Space X in the development of rocket engines
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

This thread was started by a spambot. Since it's generating discussion I have let it live.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

GuppyShark wrote: 2021-04-30 07:31am Is it really fair to call Boeing a private company given their longstanding integration with the US military industrial complex?

SpaceX wouldn't have existed anything like it does today without the COTS contract from NASA. Given that, a similar statement can be made about SpaceX.

RocketLab on the other hand has had much less government investment, even if they have yet to actually refly any of their components.
jerry66 wrote: 2021-04-30 10:08am Also, this company cooperates with NASA and Space X in the development of rocket engines
Yes, I know it's spam, but for everyone else here, No. SpX doesn't work with anyone on engines, and Boeing doesn't do engines anymore (they sold Rocketdyne in 2005).

The end result is that Aerojet, Rocketdyne, and the rocket engine division of P&W are now under one firm in the form of Aerojet Rocketdyne, which LockMart is trying to buy. Blue Origin & RocketLab both make engines, as does NGIS (but only small ones).
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
EmilyJohnston
Redshirt

Post by EmilyJohnston »

I know it sounds strange,e but what about the russian projects? I see they are powerful in military
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

TimothyC wrote: 2021-04-30 01:19pmSpaceX wouldn't have existed anything like it does today without the COTS contract from NASA. Given that, a similar statement can be made about SpaceX.
And now SpX is doing what they want, unbeholden to anyone except the FAA. 8)
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Lord Insanity
Padawan Learner

Post by Lord Insanity »

Well NASA did award Space X the next moon landing contract, which was suspended pending the Government Accountability Office reviewing Blue Origin and Dynetics's complaints. :roll:

I mean if Space X actually gets their rocket system "Starship" working the way they expect to in the next year or two, it won't really matter what everyone else is doing. Basically it will be the equivalent of everyone else is trying to get their mopeds across town while Space X starts driving tractor trailers to the next town over. The average person just doesn't comprehend the significance getting "Starship" working would have.
-Lord Insanity

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" -The Real Willy Wonka