NOT Built in a Cave With a Box of Scraps...

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

NOT Built in a Cave With a Box of Scraps...

Post by Broomstick »

Fact follows fiction:

Actual working Iron Man suit. Yes, it really flies.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: NOT Built in a Cave With a Box of Scraps...

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Alright, time to start assembling the Avengers. Maybe they can help stop the Hydra agents in the White House.

But seriously, that's all kinds of awesome.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

It'll be cool when this this becomes a less experimental technology and used for say, flying cars someday.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Too loud, too fuel inefficient, and too many will not be willing to undergo the training necessary to use it safely.

But yeah, I can dream...
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

So by iron man suit we mean, existing hover pack with an iron man themed cover? lol.

It is very cool though.
SpottedKitty
Jedi Master

Post by SpottedKitty »

Impressive; I've seen footage of the development of the jet pack, and it's an incredibly neat gadget.

And yes, it is a jet pack, those are tiny jet turbine engines on the hand-held bits. Flight time is IIRC several minutes, a lot better than the 40 seconds of the peroxide rocket on the version everyone knows about, that was used in a James Bond film and as a stunt at the opening of the LA Olympics.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery