SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread VII

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread VII

Post by Darkevilme »

There are only a few things that make me burst out laughing at realizing what's about to happen.
This was one of them.

Bravo Simons.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Thank you.

At some point I did notice that Chamarran males appear seldom and, so far as I can recall, never in positions of authority. I could only conclude that they are, as a gender...

...pussywhipped.

The Elysian reaction was inevitable.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

I guess it is rare enough that a past STGOD player actually passes away, so I say a moment of silence for Setzer.

RIP Setzer. You will be missed.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote: RIP Setzer. You will be missed.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/ind
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/tra
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

"I think we can all agree that this entire endeavor, though undertaken with the best of intentions, has not turned out for the best."
I know it's only 3401, but I think this will stand as the Understatement of the Century.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Bleh, NM. Forgot my manners.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Part 2 of Shroom Fighter up.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Will soon add a new element in the works. Possibly a wrench. :twisted:
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Steve wrote:Part 2 of Shroom Fighter up.
Holy crap! When did that happen? :D
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Recently. Want to help us handle Legion's part? 8)

PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Steve wrote:Recently. Want to help us handle Legion's part? 8)
In two days. I have a story due on the 30th, then I'm free :D
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Uh, might take a while to post my part of the Shroom Fighter storyline. Homework's been pressing me lately.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Poor, poor Staffer.

[Goes back to work]
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Da. I wouldn't want to be near Epaulette when he has his moments of 'intuition'.

And now, the wrench has been thrown into the works of Shroom Fighter!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Now you know what the Umerians do when there's something strange in their neighborhood.

And why did I timestamp that scene in the Empire Star Republic "Y minus 24 hours?"

Well now. Y do you ask?
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

I would probably have been more interested if this had happened, like, two months ago.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Siege wrote:I would probably have been more interested if this had happened, like, two months ago.
Same here. It just seems that most of us simply can't work up any real effort for the game at all, not even after all this time has passed since Downfall. The most I've been able to do recently is just dick around on the damn Wiki, for crying out loud.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Frabjous! I can now begin posting long-spooled things!
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Siege wrote:I would probably have been more interested if this had happened, like, two months ago.
3, 4 months rather?
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Siege, Shinn, Fin:

Yes. Great point, well worth making: no one is obliged to care about anything. I myself wish I still lived in the relatively idyllic time of 12-18 months ago when I could pour a lot more heart and energy into this game, and when everyone else seems to have felt the same way.

Speaking for myself, I just post things when I can, and try to finish things when the muses are kind, which is one hell of a lot less than it used to be. I don't expect people to jump up and down and salivate about my writing; I never did. I always figured everyone else here worked the same way, apparently with some extra snarking when someone else posts something.

On a side note, for anyone who gives a damn, I'm running the Empire Star Republic's reactions to White Haven's campaign, just so that someone's keeping his feet on the ground.
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

And I wish I were playing a game where it didn't take a timespan of August through to December to make no measurable progress at all. I'm supremely chagrined by the way the game has been stonewalled by a small eternity of silence and empty promises, and given the effort I've put in I believe I am entitled to express that sentiment whenever I damn well feel like it. So kindly direct your indignance at those responsible for that, rather than at the handful of people who've actually done their damndest to keep things going whilst everybody else was off doing whatever.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Siege, my snappishness at your tone was a temporary thing- I do understand why you took the tone in the first place, though I hope you understand why I'm irritated to hear it thrown at me instead of anyone else here. I don't think I asked anyone to wait months for me to post something set shortly post-Downfall. I would have been quite content to let events roll past me.

On your end, I don't know who's committed to do things that you're honestly counting on- the aforesaid empty promises- and isn't delivering. Who should I be indignant at? Who honestly deserves it, for whom it wouldn't just be an exercise in flogging a dead horse?

Any suggestions?
KlavoHunter
Jedi Master

Post by KlavoHunter »

Myself. Hell, Fin was right.
"The 4th Earl of Hereford led the fight on the bridge, but he and his men were caught in the arrow fire. Then one of de Harclay's pikemen, concealed beneath the bridge, thrust upwards between the planks and skewered the Earl of Hereford through the anus, twisting the head of the iron pike into his intestines. His dying screams turned the advance into a panic."'

SDNW4: The Sultanate of Klavostan