Cliff Simon (58) has died.

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Cliff Simon (58) has died.

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Damn it.
BBC wrote:Actor Cliff Simon, best known as the villain Ba'al on Stargate SG-1, has died aged 58, his family has confirmed.

The South African actor's TV credits also included appearances in NCIS, Castle, Days of Our Lives, and 24.

In a statement, Simon's wife Colette spoke of her "unimaginable heartbreak" as she confirmed his death.

She explained her husband died after being involved in a kiteboarding accident at Topanga Beach in California earlier this week.

"He was known to most of you on this page as the villain you loved to hate, Ba'al, from Stargate SG-1," Colette Simon said in a post on Facebook.

"But, as he said, 'Acting is what I do, it's only a part of who I am.' And he was SO much more - a true original, an adventurer, a sailor, swimmer, dancer, actor, author. There is a gaping hole where he once stood on this earth. He was loved by too many to mention and had a great impact on so many lives."

Simon moved to the UK with his family as a teen and trained as a swimmer, hoping to compete for Great Britain at the 1984 Olympic Games.

But at the age of 17, he decided to quit and move back to South Africa, where he joined the country's air force.

His wife said: "A small saving grace to this tragedy is that he was doing one of the things he loved most and passed away on the beach near the water, which was his temple."

Simon became an actor after a chance meeting at a resort hotel led to him performing as part of a troupe in various stage productions.

He went on to perform at the Moulin Rouge in 1989, prompting him to write a book about his experience titled Paris Nights: My Year at the Moulin Rouge.

He also did modelling work and later appeared in the South African TV series Egoli - Place of Gold for six years.

But he secured the biggest role of his career after moving to Los Angeles. His portrayal of villain Ba'al on Stargate SG1 was popular with viewers and the character enjoyed a five-year run.

Simon reprised his role for the Stargate: Continuum film, which was released in 2008.

But as a long-time survivalist and military veteran, his sense of adventure never left him.

Last year, he presented the Travel Channel series Into The Unknown, which saw him explore the world of the paranormal by hiking and swimming in the wilderness to find answers to myths and legends.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Re: Cliff Simon (58) has died.

Post by Solauren »

Damn. Talented Actor.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Re: Cliff Simon (58) has died.

Post by Batman »

Don't know about his other acting but he was great as Ba'al. RIP.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'