Doctor Who s12e04 Nikola Tesla night of terror [spoilers]

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Rate this episode

5. The companions are better than Sarah Jane Smith
No votes
4. The companions are better than Jo Grant
13%
3. That was hit and miss
50%
2. Who thought Pakleds were a great alien?
38%
1. You're British right? A nation which has no business sense.
No votes
0. Fuck Chris Chibnall
No votes

Total votes: 8

mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Doctor Who s12e04 Nikola Tesla night of terror [spoilers]

Post by mr friendly guy »

Really? I get Tesla was most probably unrecognised during his time, but have Tesla save the planet with the Doctor's help against the Doctor Who equivalent of Pakleds. Uggh.

So the alien of the week has a queen which talks like the Racnoss Queen, but they are like Pakleds. Remember the Pakleds from TNG? Retards who somehow manage to work a starship, when they don't understand much about its workings because its made out of technology they scavenge from someone else. That is a dumb idea for an alien.

To save the Earth the Doctor uses Tesla's tower to generate a giant electrical blast against the alien ship. Hey, can't you just I don't know, dematerialise the TARDIS near the ship and then tractor beam it and dump it somewhere else. I mean, David Tennant's Doctor tractor beam the Earth. Tom Baker's could tractor beam a neutron star.

The only plus side was how the team gave some praise to Tesla.

Doctor Who's promising start with the first two episodes, has floundered. This is 2/5 for me.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Re: Doctor Who s12e04 Nikola Tesla night of terror [spoilers]

Post by Bedlam »

Certainly better than last week which I hope will be the low point of the series.

Maybe a bit over the top on it's Tesla love and Edison hate. They did keep the comparison between Edison and the tech stealing aliens at a minimum.

Overall a fun jaunt.

I hope they have something timeless child or destruction of Galifrey related next week, I don't want this season's 'arc' to be like the last one where the first and last episode were linked but nothing really came up in between.