Deadpool 3 Update (spoilers kinda)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Deadpool 3 Update (spoilers kinda)

Post by Crazedwraith »

Present with a comment beyond... WTF.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Re: Deadpool 3 Update (spoilers kinda)

Post by Batman »

Well played.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

As a Deadpool teaser that is both WTF and totally in-character.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

It's all over my FB feed. OMG that was PERFECT!!

Even better, Variety Magazine has confirmed the writers of DP1 and DP2 are back on board, and YES it's gonna be Rated R.

The director of LOGAN, on the other hand, tweeted the clip of Logan getting impaled on the stump. Sour grapes, maybe?
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Logan impaled on the stump was supposed to be the end of Wolverine. Now they're doing him again? I think that was the point.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
tezunegari
Jedi Knight

Post by tezunegari »

Broomstick wrote: 2022-09-28 06:02am Logan impaled on the stump was supposed to be the end of Wolverine. Now they're doing him again? I think that was the point.
Warning: THEY SPOIL EVERYTHING!

"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
Ikari Gendo, NGE Fanfiction "Standing Tall"
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

tezunegari wrote: 2022-09-28 12:02pm
Broomstick wrote: 2022-09-28 06:02am Logan impaled on the stump was supposed to be the end of Wolverine. Now they're doing him again? I think that was the point.
Warning: THEY SPOIL EVERYTHING!

I wonder what lip readers will make of that?
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Ahh... but that was 2029. As Deadpool Reveal Part HUGH states, "That was 2029, we're not touching that"

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

I'm totally OK with that - "Logan is still dead, this is a movie about something that took place before that time". Sure, cool. It's not like I expect a lot of continuity out of comic book stuff.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

TBF I never figured that Deadpool actually shared a continuity with the other Fox films anyway given how much it did it's own thing with it's own stylings. Their Colossus is all new, they used the prequel Cast for a cameo in 2. It was all up in the air.

Deadpool 2's future and Logan don't really mesh that well. Given all mutant life was implied to wiped out in Logan.

eta: That all being said I then watched the part hugh vid and it's real ambiguous if they are using the fox continuity at all, even assuming anything they can say can be seen as reliable.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Frankly, taking Deadpool seriously at any time is an error.

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Yeah, continuality + seriousness with the Deadpool movies is not a thing, since, you know, Deadpool 2 ended with Deadpool having access to Time Travel, and killing Ryan Reynolds to prevent him from making Green Lantern, then killing the previous version of Deadpool ....
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Holy shit really? Man, I thought Deadpool was po-faced seriousness all the way through.
tezunegari
Jedi Knight

Post by tezunegari »

I just realized they set this up in Deadpool 2's post-credit scene in 2018!
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

tezunegari wrote: 2022-10-02 07:26pm I just realized they set this up in Deadpool 2's post-credit scene in 2018!
Wasn't that the Time Travel stuff in the Post-credits?

EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

Now is the perfect time to mention this! :mrgreen:
tezunegari
Jedi Knight

Post by tezunegari »

LadyTevar wrote: 2022-10-03 10:23am
tezunegari wrote: 2022-10-02 07:26pm I just realized they set this up in Deadpool 2's post-credit scene in 2018!
Wasn't that the Time Travel stuff in the Post-credits?
Yes.
the scene starts at 1:20
FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

Solauren wrote: 2022-09-29 08:26am Yeah, continuality + seriousness with the Deadpool movies is not a thing, since, you know, Deadpool 2 ended with Deadpool having access to Time Travel, and killing Ryan Reynolds to prevent him from making Green Lantern, then killing the previous version of Deadpool ....
Do you think the TVA caught up with him?
I had a Bill Maher quote here. But fuck him for his white privelegy "joke".

All the rest? Too long.
FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

Broomstick wrote: 2022-09-29 06:24am I'm totally OK with that - "Logan is still dead, this is a movie about something that took place before that time". Sure, cool. It's not like I expect a lot of continuity out of comic book stuff.
I mean, it seems like the timeline in Logan was fucked five ways from Sunday after days of future past and in all likelihood the opening up of the multiverse. But my bet is that this is somehow them pulling wolverine out of the timeline some time before his death and sending him back at the end.

All the rest? Too long.
FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

Now that I think of it, he’s probably going to have the most minimal possible cameo. Kinda like x force in Deadpool 2.

All the rest? Too long.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

FireNexus wrote: 2022-10-04 02:07pm
Solauren wrote: 2022-09-29 08:26am Yeah, continuality + seriousness with the Deadpool movies is not a thing, since, you know, Deadpool 2 ended with Deadpool having access to Time Travel, and killing Ryan Reynolds to prevent him from making Green Lantern, then killing the previous version of Deadpool ....
Do you think the TVA caught up with him?
My guess is the TVA only affected a small part of the multiverse. Like one timeline and it's branches. And maybe kept the that timeline cut off from alternate Earth realities. Really, to me, it seemed more like the Man-at-the-End was using the TVA to isolate that timeline because he didn't want Kang to show up and kill him.

So, that answer would be 'no'.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

Solauren wrote: 2022-10-04 10:59pm
My guess is the TVA only affected a small part of the multiverse. Like one timeline and it's branches. And maybe kept the that timeline cut off from alternate Earth realities. Really, to me, it seemed more like the Man-at-the-End was using the TVA to isolate that timeline because he didn't want Kang to show up and kill him.

So, that answer would be 'no'.
My read on the TVA is that it was policing any realities that could lead to the birth of a Kang variant. The sacred timeline was just any timeline that could result in a Kang. Maybe in the sacred timeline Reed Richards never meets Sue Storm, but fate or the living tribunal REALLY wants them to meet. The variants they grabbed all did something that increased the odds of Kang being born, and he used Alioth to eat up the slices of those realities that resulted in that outcome.

It was clear from all the varieties of variant that there was not just one sacred timeline, but a set of infinite timelines that could lead to Kang. In this reading, the other universes existed but could not result in a Kang variant, so the TVA didn’t give a shit about them.

All the rest? Too long.