Spiderman: No Way Home Trailer (SPOILERS)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Spiderman: No Way Home Trailer (SPOILERS)

Post by MKSheppard »

I'm sure you've all seen the trailer by now.

Spoiler space however for the climactic part:

This is a moment the DC universe missed.

They could have had Jack Nicolson reprise his Joker, and found digital standins for Heath Ledger's version along with Michael Keaton, etc.

But they didn't really have vision -- Marvel seems to have moved from "slightly serious / slightly funny" to "we have a multiverse, lets run with it".

I'm no Spiderman fan, and have no real interest in seeing his movies -- but this one, bringing back the Sam Raimi Doc Ock has got me hyped.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Re: Spiderman: No Way Home Trailer (SPOILERS)

Post by Vendetta »

They are bringing Michael Keaton back as Batman in The Flash (the movie one not the TV one).
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Not seen it. Don't give a shit Molina's back. Spider-Man 2 was overrated.

And I hate that they're doing live action Spider-Verse. I can't see how they're going to do this and give Holland a decent third part to his trilogy that follows up on the first two parts.

Yes.. yes.. everyone trust the MCU and thinks they've earned the benefit of the doubt. I get it.
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

Yeah, fuck this 'DC should have done it first' nonsense. They've already done it in the CWverse and The Flash movie which last I checked is screening in as many theatres as No Way Home.

But anyway:

If everyone forgets Peter Parker is Spider-Man, how is that scene going to go down?

STRANGE: "Who are you and why are you in my Sanctum?"
PETER: "Oh no why am I not in class, Aunt May is gonna kill me!"
FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

I’ve seen a lot of takes trying to assume Tobey Maguire or explain why doc knows Holland is Peter and none that go with the obvious: Maybe in that scene, he is seeing Pete costume. He doesn’t have to recognize Tom Holland.
I had a Bill Maher quote here. But fuck him for his white privelegy "joke".

All the rest? Too long.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

FireNexus wrote: 2021-08-28 04:45pm I’ve seen a lot of takes trying to assume Tobey Maguire or explain why doc knows Holland is Peter and none that go with the obvious: Maybe in that scene, he is seeing Pete costume. He doesn’t have to recognize Tom Holland.
Someone casting a worldwide memory modificaiton spell and it having unexpected multiversal consequences is part of the premise, so I'm not sure you need to reach for explantions on this one.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

GuppyShark wrote: 2021-08-28 11:15am Yeah, fuck this 'DC should have done it first' nonsense. They've already done it in the CWverse and The Flash movie which last I checked is screening in as many theatres as No Way Home.
Does anyone even watch teh CW? (Yes, I know all about Kingdom Come Superman appearing in the CW) It's basically the equivalent of the early Marvelverse Netflix shows and primetime shows like Agents of SHIELD which had no immediate widespread cultural impact.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

I stopped watching the CW when Barry Allen was on trial for murdering the Thinker's original body. Not even looking at the White Canary or Supergirl in uniform could get me to come back.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

Legends of Tomorrow at least was still coherent and funny in season 2 - 5. The current season (6) started out funny but became kind of serious and kind of messy storywise, though compared to the Flash (which I watch only out of academic curiosity and usually on 1.5 broadcast speed) the writing is like a masterpiece.
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

I'm looking forward to this, looks like this is how they're building up to Strange's Multiverse of Madness where the smart money on that being when and how they bring in the X-Men.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

If anyone has seen Spoiler
Venom - Let there be Carnage
, it's mid-credits scene also contains a spoiler of sorts.

That caused my wife and I to look at each other and go "What the *" at the same time.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.