WANDAVISION (SPOILERS, SWEETIE!)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

FireNexus
Cookie

Re: WANDAVISION (SPOILERS, SWEETIE!)

Post by FireNexus »

Depends on whether the blips are to scale, I guess.
I had a Bill Maher quote here. But fuck him for his white privelegy "joke".

All the rest? Too long.
chimericoncogene
Padawan Learner

Post by chimericoncogene »

Isn't the second blip Tommy? Or Billy? Which one is the one with Visionesque powers?
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

chimericoncogene wrote: 2021-02-17 03:48am Isn't the second blip Tommy? Or Billy? Which one is the one with Visionesque powers?
Neither of them? One has Pietro's speed, the other has Wanda's powers
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

On rewatching, I’m not sure if it’s actually a 2nd blip or if it’s a pop up that has more details about what vision is emitting and it just happens to be overlaid in a way where it looks like there’s another vibranium source.

I guess we’ll find out soon enough lol
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Batman wrote: 2021-02-17 08:13am
chimericoncogene wrote: 2021-02-17 03:48am Isn't the second blip Tommy? Or Billy? Which one is the one with Visionesque powers?
Plus, from the way it's shown, the second blip is OUTSIDE the Hex, Inside a larger tent in the SWORD Base. The kids have never left the Hex.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

LadyTevar wrote: 2021-02-17 03:42pm
Batman wrote: 2021-02-17 08:13am
Plus, from the way it's shown, the second blip is OUTSIDE the Hex, Inside a larger tent in the SWORD Base. The kids have never left the Hex.
Could it be Rambeau? Maybe going in and out of the bed put a little vibranium in her cells?

All the rest? Too long.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Rambeau isn't even near the camp anymore when this happens.
And not only is the signature in the camp the actually displayed as stronger one, but of the two it is the one actually labelled as 'Vibranium Decay Signature', NOT Vision
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

Batman wrote: 2021-02-17 08:23pm Rambeau isn't even near the camp anymore when this happens.
And not only is the signature in the camp the actually displayed as stronger one, but of the two it is the one actually labelled as 'Vibranium Decay Signature', NOT Vision
I need to rewatch. I thought it was displayed only when they were looking at the Vision tracker from their spot in the camp.

All the rest? Too long.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

FireNexus wrote: 2021-02-17 08:45pm
Batman wrote: 2021-02-17 08:23pm Rambeau isn't even near the camp anymore when this happens.
I need to rewatch. I thought it was displayed only when they were looking at the Vision tracker from their spot in the camp.
It starts at the 24:40 timestamp.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

LadyTevar wrote: 2021-02-18 09:10pm
FireNexus wrote: 2021-02-17 08:45pm
It starts at the 24:40 timestamp.
It’s possible that the one is just a pop up giving more details about Vision’s vibranium decay signature, while the other puts him on the map. There doesn’t have to be two bodies.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

A pop-up like that would have either been with Vision's signal or separate from the map altogether.
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

Finally, a post credits sequence.
FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

Batman wrote: 2021-02-18 09:31pm A pop-up like that would have either been with Vision's signal or separate from the map altogether.
It was separate from the map entirely in another window on the display Darcy was looking at. Looks like it was just the same detail in a pop up window when the director was looking at it.

All the rest? Too long.
Coop D'etat
Jedi Knight

Post by Coop D'etat »

GuppyShark wrote: 2021-02-19 06:51am Finally, a post credits sequence.
And a Disney villain song.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Coop D'etat wrote: 2021-02-19 02:36pm
GuppyShark wrote: 2021-02-19 06:51am Finally, a post credits sequence.
And a Disney villain song.
That was the best bit. And, just like a Disney Villain song, Very Catchy.

Where's the boys?

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

BTW: A good friend of mine who's very genre-savvy just posted on FB "That's why they're switching to One-Hour Shows. Sitcoms are only 30min."

For those not in America, sitcoms are only 30min long. Action/Drama or Scifi/Horror shows are 60min.

EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

It Was Agatha All Along. Apparently there's something up with Rambeau, pulling off a three-point landing and her eyes glowing blue, hinting she's not what she appears to be or passage through the barrier changed her in some way given she was originally a snap victim. They created a cool new vehicle for all of five minutes only for the rover to be almost immediately half-converted into a shitty pickup.

Some of the artifacts in the basement hint at a Doctor Strange-type of magic at work.
Last edited by EnterpriseSovereign on 2021-02-19 07:49pm, edited 3 times in total.
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Or did Agatha come along after Wanda established the Hex and started using it for her own purpose?
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

Since Agatha is doing those interviews it seems that she took the situation and began playing with/escalating it.

Early in the season Vision noticed that the town lacked children. Now there are kids all over the place. With SWORD monitoring the town it seems unlikely the children were populated from further kidnappings. Probably, they're all just illusions, as some kids kind of came out of nowhere when Darcy & Vision were at the red light.
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

EnterpriseSovereign wrote: 2021-02-19 07:41pm It Was Agatha All Along. Apparently there's something up with Rambeau, pulling off a three-point landing and her eyes glowing blue, hinting she's not what she appears to be or passage through the barrier changed her in some way given she was originally a snap victim. They created a cool new vehicle for all of five minutes only for the rover to be almost immediately half-converted into a shitty pickup.

Some of the artifacts in the basement hint at a Doctor Strange-type of magic at work.
Rambeau's in the comics as Spectrum

She just needed a trigger.

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Grand Moff Yenchin wrote: 2021-02-20 02:07am Since Agatha is doing those interviews it seems that she took the situation and began playing with/escalating it.

Early in the season Vision noticed that the town lacked children. Now there are kids all over the place. With SWORD monitoring the town it seems unlikely the children were populated from further kidnappings. Probably, they're all just illusions, as some kids kind of came out of nowhere when Darcy & Vision were at the red light.
From the song, you see her floating down onto the sidewalk just before she introduces herself to 50s Wanda. So, possibly right when The Hex went up? I'm wondering if she's the "Federal Witness" Woo was looking for as well.
She was ALSO THERE when the kids went from baby to pre-teens, she knew enough about the dog to bring over things. And, dammit I was right, SHE KILLED THE DOG.

Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

So I wager that Wanda helping to stop Agnes or something similar is how she gets out of blame for mind raping an entire town?
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Gandalf wrote: 2021-02-20 07:06pm So I wager that Wanda helping to stop Agnes or something similar is how she gets out of blame for mind raping an entire town?
Or putting all the blame on Agatha/Agnes, yes. We'll have to wait and see.

FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

LadyTevar wrote: 2021-02-20 04:51pm
Grand Moff Yenchin wrote: 2021-02-20 02:07am Since Agatha is doing those interviews it seems that she took the situation and began playing with/escalating it.

From the song, you see her floating down onto the sidewalk just before she introduces herself to 50s Wanda. So, possibly right when The Hex went up? I'm wondering if she's the "Federal Witness" Woo was looking for as well.
She was ALSO THERE when the kids went from baby to pre-teens, she knew enough about the dog to bring over things. And, dammit I was right, SHE KILLED THE DOG.
I’m not saying she’s a dog murderer, per se...

All the rest? Too long.
FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

I do now think Pietro is Fox Quicksilver under Agatha’s spell. I think the timing of everything makes it pretty likely Vision will show up right at the beginning of the next episode (or the following, if next week is a flashback) to break the spell. She or whoever she is working for must have plucked a Pietro from the multiverse like I thought before, and the Agnes mind control is why he was acting strangely.

All the rest? Too long.