WANDAVISION (SPOILERS, SWEETIE!)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Re: WANDAVISION (SPOILERS, SWEETIE!)

Post by LadyTevar »

FireNexus wrote: 2021-02-22 09:34am I’m not saying she’s a dog murderer, per se...
DUDE, did you not hear her SONG. She outright BRAGS "I killed Sparky too!" and cackles like the Wicked Witch of the West over it!.

Also, yes, Piotr was under her spell. Again, in her song, when he's at the door his back is covered with the blue/black magic as Agatha's outside drinking wine.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

LadyTevar wrote:
FireNexus wrote: I’m not saying she’s a dog murderer, per se...

DUDE, did you not hear her SONG. She outright BRAGS "I killed Sparky too!" and cackles like the Wicked Witch of the West over it!.
Well, I suppose technically it’s possible she killed Sparky by accident and just finds the whole thing amusing :P

Admittedly odds are pretty low. :lol:
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

LadyTevar wrote: 2021-02-22 09:49pm
FireNexus wrote: 2021-02-22 09:34am I’m not saying she’s a dog murderer, per se...
It’s a joke from Kathryn Hahn’s character on Parks and Rec.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/ea6742eb-8 ... 8fa4033756
Also, yes, Piotr was under her spell. Again, in her song, when he's at the door his back is covered with the blue/black magic as Agatha's outside drinking wine.

I’m not certain that means he’s under her spell. It could be that he is a full on magical projection. We’ll find out in probably two weeks.
I had a Bill Maher quote here. But fuck him for his white privelegy "joke".

All the rest? Too long.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

Well we know why he couldn't leave the sphere of influence without being torn apart- it had already been done by S.W.O.R.D. on Vision's remains so he was entirely a projection by Wanda. Not much was revealed about Agatha, though the very use of magic falls within Doctor Strange's domain so the chances of him showing up just rose. They treated the "Scarlet" part of Wanda's nickname as some big reveal even though it's common knowledge by now.
FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

Ok... So Wanda made an infinity stone from scratch. Still no answers on Pietro, but an implication that he’s not a real boy.
I had a Bill Maher quote here. But fuck him for his white privelegy "joke".

All the rest? Too long.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

We now know WHY Westview. Seeing that deed to the house lot with "To grow old in - V" damn near broke me.
We know now that the MindStone didn't just give her powers, somehow it connected to her, which was why when she cloned Vision, the energy was GOLD, not scarlet.
And yes, there WAS another Vibranium signature like I said there was, it's Vision's Body, now animated as "White Vision" (per the comics). I'm betting Vision and White Vision will merge next week (and if they don't I'll be VERY UNHAPPY).

And Scarlet Witch is a Chaos/Creation Witch, where Agatha is obviously a Dark/Black Witch. So the kids are Magical Constructs, probably just like F-ietro (as even she called him). The question is did Agatha put her through this just to learn how to make a Hex, or is Agatha still walking the line of somewhat Mentor?

Quote of the Night: My brother, sis-in-law, and I watching, and questioning if Agatha is on the 'side of Angels'.
Sis-in-law says "Well, she always walked along that line...."
Me and my brother in chorus "WALKED?!"
Brother "She fuckin' tap-danced along it!"
Me: "More like a Mamba."
Brother: "Tango."
Me: "Pasa Doble?"
Brother: "TANGO. More drama, complete with the rose in her mouth."
(Yes, we've watched "Dancing with the Stars" together)

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

LadyTevar wrote: 2021-02-26 10:45pm We now know WHY Westview. Seeing that deed to the house lot with "To grow old in - V" damn near broke me.
A lot of the grief stuff really hit me, too.

A feel a bit bad for Construct!Vision - he seems alive (at least as alive as the original Vision) and is capable of independent thought, yet he's also "not real", being a particularly animated figment of Wanda's imagination.

But the point about his energy being gold rather than red might be significant - could it be that the Mind Stone wants something to inhabit? So Wanda might have channeled that energy to create Construct!Vision but unlike the rest of Wandavision Westview he's actually somewhat independent of her. Which also probably explains why he could release people form Wanda's mind control - he isn't just an automaton playing the part, he, too, is somehow channeling the primal energies at play.

Could he enter White!Vision and thus come back from the dead that way?

Could the kids then, actually, also be independent enough from Wanda's energy - being, perhaps, a cross between the red and yellow energies - to have an independent existence after all this?

Clearly this isn't going to end at the "end" of the series, it's going to tie in with the rest of the MCU somehow.
[/quote]
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Didn't director guy claim Wanda stole Vision's body? This looked like she created Construct!Vision out of thin air/her magic, not reanimated his remains. WhiteVision being Vision's remains restarted would explain why the vibranium signature actually labelled 'Vision' was in the camp (and also that Construct!Vision is real enough to have his own signature) but what's with the alleged theft?
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Batman wrote: 2021-02-27 05:07pm Didn't director guy claim Wanda stole Vision's body? This looked like she created Construct!Vision out of thin air/her magic, not reanimated his remains. WhiteVision being Vision's remains restarted would explain why the vibranium signature actually labelled 'Vision' was in the camp (and also that Construct!Vision is real enough to have his own signature) but what's with the alleged theft?
Yes... if you recall what Hayward showed Rambeau, Darcy, and Woo had that bit of film with Wanda floating down, and then the camera feed Cut Off. They never saw what Wanda did after she floated down into the lab, Hayward had edited that part out. He lied to Rambeau et al about the theft, made it look like Wanda went nuts and damaged the lab.

So... Hayward played Wanda, with that 'you can revive him'; played Rambeau et al with the "theft"; and got just what he wanted, a rebooted Weapons Platform made of solid Vibranium.
What I'm thinking he's forgotten is that Vision was Ultron + Jarvis overlay + Mindstone, animated by Magic (courtesy of Thor's Lightning the first time). Two of those are MISSING in White Vision.
Hayward just Frankenstein'd his very own monster.

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

What with Wanda did to Westville (Westview? you know what I mean) that she isn't mentally firing on all cylinders is crystal clear, no need to pour on a fake theft to convince people of that
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

LadyTevar wrote: 2021-02-27 05:56pmSo... Hayward played Wanda, with that 'you can revive him'; played Rambeau et al with the "theft"; and got just what he wanted, a rebooted Weapons Platform made of solid Vibranium.
What I'm thinking he's forgotten is that Vision was Ultron + Jarvis overlay + Mindstone, animated by Magic (courtesy of Thor's Lightning the first time). Two of those are MISSING in White Vision.
Hayward just Frankenstein'd his very own monster.
Which elements are you suggesting are missing?
Ultron's body
Jarvis' code
The mindstone (obviously missing)
Magic (explicitly the only reason they could reactivate him)
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

GuppyShark wrote: 2021-02-27 10:08pm Which elements are you suggesting are missing?
Ultron's body
Jarvis' code
The mindstone (obviously missing)
Magic (explicitly the only reason they could reactivate him)
I'm surprised I have to spell it out for you. :roll:
Jarvis' code, which is most likely why he was worthy of The Hammer
The Mindstone.

In other words, I was saying that Hayward has nothing but Ultron in WhiteVision's body, and quite possibly it's not as under control as Hayward wishes it was.

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Batman wrote: 2021-02-27 06:08pm What with Wanda did to Westville (Westview? you know what I mean) that she isn't mentally firing on all cylinders is crystal clear, no need to pour on a fake theft to convince people of that
Because Hayward wanted Rambeau et al to have a reason to side with HIM, not with Wanda. He was spinning the data to back his lies. It didn't work, Rambeau was still advocating for Wanda, and so he had them detained. Not that it worked for long...

Hayward wanted Vision rebooted, wanted Vision as his own personal Weapons Platform. Wanda wouldn't do it, and then suddenly there's Westview with a new Vision walking around. HE WANTS VISION UNDER HIS CONTROL. Why? Maybe he wants Vision to the be Ultron that Tony dreamed about, one that would be a protector/defender. We saw how that went, and Hayward is no Tony Stark.

Sudden thought: Hayward probably knows about Tony's Last Project, now in Spiderman's hands. Vision would be a good answer to that problem.

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Ok so i am confused, the "lets grow old together"
Was the note from Vision to Wanda? Cause, well, if it was..
Like why the blank are you picking run down Westview to live?
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

LadyTevar wrote: 2021-02-28 10:42am Hayward wanted Vision rebooted, wanted Vision as his own personal Weapons Platform. Wanda wouldn't do it, and then suddenly there's Westview with a new Vision walking around. HE WANTS VISION UNDER HIS CONTROL. Why? Maybe he wants Vision to the be Ultron that Tony dreamed about, one that would be a protector/defender. We saw how that went, and Hayward is no Tony Stark.
Indeed. Hayward might be a bit more responsible with his killbot than Stark was.
Sudden thought: Hayward probably knows about Tony's Last Project, now in Spiderman's hands. Vision would be a good answer to that problem.
Makes sense. If a teenager is running around with such killing power, it makes sense to have something ready to go in case he goes Columbine.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Crossroads Inc. wrote: 2021-02-28 12:28pm Ok so i am confused, the "lets grow old together"
Yes, it was a note from Vision to Wanda. I don't know WHY Westview, unless it was just because he got a deal on the house/lot. It was obviously purchased prior to Vision's death. The American Dream - a house in the suburbs they could live and grow old together in.

Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

We don't know what, if any, income the Avengers have. Maybe that was all he could afford? Besides, as Vision pointed out to Ultron in Age of Ultron, he 'was' born yesterday. Chances are he was still pretty naive and uninformed about human customs, and given Wanda's penchant for old sitcoms there's a good chance one of his primary sources of information ON human customs was...not necessarily all that realistic?
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Also, when did they make that purchase? It looks like they became a couple at some point after Civil War, when they were fugitives.

Odd time to invest in real estate within spitting distance of the guy who tried to put Wanda in superGitmo.

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Oh yeah... I forgot about the whole 5 years of the snap thing. That probably fucked up a lot of small towns. So place was probably not a shit hole before they died
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Crossroads Inc. wrote: 2021-02-28 12:28pm Ok so i am confused, the "lets grow old together"
Obscurity.

Both of them suffered for being "weird" and different. The whole meme of Wanda and Vision playing the masquerade in TV suburbia probably was part of the plan. Not as a sit-com, but as a place the two could go and NOT be seen as Avengers, Enhanced Former Hydra Guinea Pg, Evil Killbot Spawn AI, and so on. A place where they could hide and blend in. A place other people would find it unlikely for them to be.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Broomstick wrote: 2021-03-01 03:48pm Both of them suffered for being "weird" and different. The whole meme of Wanda and Vision playing the masquerade in TV suburbia probably was part of the plan. Not as a sit-com, but as a place the two could go and NOT be seen as Avengers, Enhanced Former Hydra Guinea Pg, Evil Killbot Spawn AI, and so on. A place where they could hide and blend in. A place other people would find it unlikely for them to be.
Then it's an odd choice to have the property deed in their names.

Interestingly, Vision's legal name is "The Vision." So I wonder what legal rights he would have, if any. Stark when discussing Wanda railed about they don't grant passports to weapons of mass destruction, but one can own property apparently.

- George Carlin
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

As Vision is not human under our current laws he would have no more rights than a toaster.

So, legally, the deed is effectively in Wanda's name.

GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

I don't know what legal machinations require it, but I would hope it could be assumed Vision would have been granted personhood and citizenship.
LadyTevar wrote: I'm surprised I have to spell it out for you. :roll:
Jarvis' code, which is most likely why he was worthy of The Hammer
The Mindstone.
Ahh. You believe Jarvis' code was destroyed along with the Mindstone when Thanos killed the Vision? I can see your point as it was linked to the mindstone.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Broomstick wrote: 2021-03-01 10:34pm As Vision is not human under our current laws he would have no more rights than a toaster.

So, legally, the deed is effectively in Wanda's name.
Yeah, our current laws. The MCU has rules for governing super powered beings, so presumably their legal structures reflect their reality. It would be hard for the Sokovia Accords to apply to Vision if he didn't legally count as a person.

- George Carlin
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

As I recall, the Sokovia Accord document was large enough to act as a doorstop. It may be that there are bits in their to regulate technology and devices in order to cover whatever Stark comes up with next without granting any rights of personhood to any AI. In which case they would apply to Vision as a device and not a person.

Truth is, we just don't know. It's not something that has been dealt with that we've seen.