Obligatory Cyberpunk 2077 Post

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Re: Obligatory Cyberpunk 2077 Post

Post by bilateralrope »

Vendetta wrote: 2020-12-23 08:58am
bilateralrope wrote: 2020-12-22 12:18am When I first heard of that ad, what I thought of was the backlash a corporation would face from transphobes if they tried something like that today. That the society of Cyberpunk accepts trans people enough that such an ad doesn't face a backlash. Sure, I can see the argument that the ad is exploiting trans people. But this is a cyberpunk future. Everyone is getting exploited.
The concern isn't that it's "exploiting trans people" but that it's mirroring a modern real world fetishisation of transwomen as dickgirls which prevents people from understanding actual transwomen and their sexuality. (Transwomen face intimate partner violence at a greatly increased rate compared to most other women).
Thank you for being the first person who explained that to me.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

The fixed the save file size issue in 1.06.
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

bilateralrope wrote: 2020-12-22 12:18am When I first heard of that ad, what I thought of was the backlash a corporation would face from transphobes if they tried something like that today. That the society of Cyberpunk accepts trans people enough that such an ad doesn't face a backlash. Sure, I can see the argument that the ad is exploiting trans people. But this is a cyberpunk future. Everyone is getting exploited.
Besides what other people have pointed out about the fetishisation of transwomen, there is also a weird phenomenon where media criticizing certain bigoted attitudes often ends up being embraced by the bigots it's criticizing, like how a lot of neo-Nazis love American History X.

Tangentially, on the whole topic of the irony of a game in a genre that's all about critiquing corporate exploitation being made by a company exploiting its own workforce, part of me gets frustrated with some of the people going on about it. When the criticism is coming from people like, say, Jim Sterling, I know it's their genuine stance because they've been banging that drum for years, and have called out the crunch for games that are good, too. But many critics who are going on about CDPR's exploitation of its workforce now are only doing it because they don't like the game, so attacking the company's practices is for them just cynical performative wokeness they can use to attack the game while making themselves look good. If Cyberpunk released without any bugs, most of them would probably be working overtime to sweep it all under the run, ignoring CDPR's behavior in their own reviews and trying to shout down anyone who would bring it up.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Maybe if they try really hard they can sell the corporate behaviour of CDPR during the creation of the game as cyberpunk performance art?
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

I just beat it. Nearly 105 hours invested, I think I did everything possible minus replaying for every possible romance and unique end and maybe a sidequest or two. It's worth the price of admission even in spite of the rough edges.

I'd like to try another run with a V of the opposite gender to the one on my completed playthrough so I can romance the other character I was interested in and see a few optional scenes I missed in my first run but I'll wait for a patch or two. I have tons of media to enjoy so I can wait and hit the game fresh when it's had some extra polish and some free DLC tossed into the mix.
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Cyberpunk developers ask players to please stop having sex with Keanu Reeves
Today, in our bold, new, beautiful future: The developers of Cyberpunk 2077 have humbly requested that their players stop doing the sex act on a virtual Keanu Reeves. Specifically, CD Projekt Red—who you’d think would be busier than this, given all the time they’ve had to devote of late to fending off lawsuits and hypothetically fixing the 2020 game—has removed a mod that allowed players to have sex with Johnny Silverhand, a character voiced by, and modeled on, the John Wick star.

Given that a) Cyberpunk is already an extremely sexually explicit game, awash in neon dildoes, cybernetic sex workers, and hornt-up billboards, and, b), sex mods are usually the first thing that get added by fans into any game—you should see what these people ended up doing to Skyrim—the existence of the Keanu fuckin’ mod (which swapped the Johnny Silverhand model, clothes and all, in for one of the game’s available sex workers) was pretty much inevitable. What’s interesting, though, is CDPR’s argument against it, which digs into the discomfort inherent in having created a pretty good virtual model of popular movie star Keanu Reeves, and then shipped it out, with modding tools, to millions of people:
Our most important rule regarding user-generated content, game mods in particular, is that it can’t be harmful towards others. In the case of model swaps, especially those that involve explicit situations, it can be perceived as such by the people who lent us their appearance for the purpose of creating characters in Cyberpunk 2077. Therefore, when making fan content, creators have to make sure they’ve got permission from all the concerned parties (which might be people other than CD PROJEKT RED). For the characters we’ve invented for the game, we broadly permit you to tweak the game at will and just have fun. When it comes to models of real people whom we’ve asked to participate in the game, we kindly ask you to refrain from using them in any situation that might be found offensive if you don’t have their explicit permission.
In other words: When it comes to original character created for the game, have at it, digital perverts. But when it comes to actual likenesses of actual human beings, CDPR is likely to keep shutting stuff down. (Of course, this only applies to what’s allowed on the company’s official mod database, although, by releasing official mod tools to the public, the company is clearly hoping to keep some control over what propagates online.) And it’s really not hard to see their point; we can’t imagine Keanu (or anybody else whose likeness has been added to a game) would be absolutely thrilled to have his virtual body used thusly. Certainly, it’s the sort of problem that’s only going to get thornier and more prevalent as character models become more realistic, and questions about what qualifies as a violation, consent, or offensive content continues to evolve.

For now, though: Please leave Keanu alone, Cyberpervs.
I don't expect the Keanu Reeves sex mods to stop with Cyberpunk. His model will be ripped and put into other games, especially now that CDPR have tried to stop the sex mods with it.
StevenK
Redshirt

Post by StevenK »

Cyberpunk feels for me like the greatest RPG of the decade. It revolutionizes the mechanics of side quests, character development and without any doubt lays emphasis on ones decisions. One can discover the game anew simply by changing V's origin.
My ratings of individual aspects of the game:
- GAMEPLAY (9/10) - every single main quest is in fact well polished,
unaffectedly making up a piece of the entirety, the immersiveness at this point stands on a high level, but IT IS NOT A GTA SERIES! - that's why one should not expect neither police chases, nor any of those details, which are present in that series, simply because this game does not need it/ originally it was supposed to tell us a story and let us feel it like it concerned us personally! It is not an equal sandbox, sadly gets ruined when interacting with NPC's on the streets (hardly no Artificial Inteligence),
- STORYTELLING (11/10) - that's what CDPR is well known for, IN MY OPINION the best told story in the gaming industry - touching, addictive, etc., everybody should consider coming thourgh it,
- GRAPHICS (10/10) - a truly next-gen look, sadly should get a better optimization, particulary on odler consoles,
- WORLD (10/10) - huge but not lifeless unlike some opinions claim it to be, great looking, climatic both in the city centre and on the outskirts, nearly everywhere one can come across any activity,
Of course, like everything on earth it is not perfect at all. Bugs may be an issue for some time, but as far as I know from my experience, CDPR shows concern for the player and it will make plenty to meet our expectations. My high note refers to the ENTIRETY of the game. The complexity and minuteness of every detail make me feel the climate of Night City and finally enjoy it sooo much.
SSEGold: My favourite place to gain advantages in MMO games.
Faraam
Redshirt

Post by Faraam »

Well, considering the game was released almost one year ago, we can already make the first conclusions about it. It's trash! The graphics are on the lowest possible level. The storyline is excellent, but the gameplay doesn't bring you anything new compared to Grand Theft Auto V and Watching Dogs.
MsAkagi
Redshirt

Post by MsAkagi »

Faraam wrote: 2021-11-02 09:53am Well, considering the game was released almost one year ago, we can already make the first conclusions about it. It's trash! The graphics are on the lowest possible level. The storyline is excellent, but the gameplay doesn't bring you anything new compared to Grand Theft Auto V and Watching Dogs. I prefer to play any other game when compared to this one. Considering my addiction to Counter-Strike, I won't want to play Cyberpunk any time soon. Moreover, the Major is over, and I'll have to get to the best CS:GO skin trading platform and start selling those damn stickers. That means I will earn some money out of playing this game, something impossible in Cyberpunk.
I have to agree with you!
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

MsAkagi wrote: 2021-11-10 11:14am
Faraam wrote: 2021-11-02 09:53am Well, considering the game was released almost one year ago, we can already make the first conclusions about it. It's trash! The graphics are on the lowest possible level. The storyline is excellent, but the gameplay doesn't bring you anything new compared to Grand Theft Auto V and Watching Dogs. I prefer to play any other game when compared to this one. Considering my addiction to Counter-Strike, I won't want to play Cyberpunk any time soon. Moreover, the Major is over, and I'll have to get to the best CS:GO skin trading platform and start selling those damn stickers. That means I will earn some money out of playing this game, something impossible in Cyberpunk.
I have to agree with you!
So, what is a typical income for people earning money though CS:GO ?