Child molester politician nearly dies from Covid, now ban masks mandate

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Child molester politician nearly dies from Covid, now ban masks mandate

Post by PainRack »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tennessee ... ting-masks

He was one of the lucky ones who survived after needing to be intubated. But he was initially unable to use his limbs. And he began to suffer liver failure.

On June 12, he received a liver transplant. He was still recovering on July 29, when he arrived in a wheelchair at the House chamber.

On Wednesday night, Byrd joined all 73 members of the House Republican caucus in petitioning Gov. Bill Lee to call a special session of the legislature to prohibit local mask mandates and keep businesses from barring the unvaccinated.

So.... This man can no longer just say it's just a flu, it's a hoax.... He himself said in office that he's grateful to have his life saved.....

But one of his first major legislation once back is to ban masks mandates and prevent distancing of unvaccinated?? Does. Not. Compute.
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Re: Child molester politician nearly dies from Covid, now ban masks mandate

Post by Tribble »

It makes perfect sense.

He survived, therefore it’s not his problem anymore.

And he’s a Republican, a party which abandoned all semblance of rationality and morality decades ago.

Even thinking about trying to limit exposure to disease is a serious offence!

Plus any extra deaths as a result of this will just be blamed on Biden.

Remember he is part of a party that praises the very people who literally tried to kill them back in January, and part of a party where a good chunk of their electorate would rather die than listen to anything health experts and Biden has to say.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

PainRack wrote: 2021-08-14 05:49amBut one of his first major legislation once back is to ban masks mandates and prevent distancing of unvaccinated?? Does. Not. Compute.
The Republican party is now a Death Cult.

If you go to a meeting do not drink the Kool-Aid. (Actually, the Flavor-Aid but Kool-Aid is a better known brand)
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Broomstick wrote: 2021-08-14 04:19pm
PainRack wrote: 2021-08-14 05:49amBut one of his first major legislation once back is to ban masks mandates and prevent distancing of unvaccinated?? Does. Not. Compute.

If you go to a meeting do not drink the Kool-Aid. (Actually, the Flavor-Aid but Kool-Aid is a better known brand)
I'm pretty sure they want death everyone else but them so it wouldn't really count as a Death Cult, Cult sure just not a Death one.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

It doesn't surprise me one bit. Both Boris and Donald contracted coronavirus and neither of them got their act together as a result, why should this guy be any different? :banghead:
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Lord Revan wrote: 2021-08-14 04:55pm

I'm pretty sure they want death everyone else but them so it wouldn't really count as a Death Cult, Cult sure just not a Death one.
But they're not smart or competent enough to avoid death for themselves.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Ralin wrote: 2021-08-14 11:16pm
Lord Revan wrote: 2021-08-14 04:55pm

But they're not smart or competent enough to avoid death for themselves.
never said they were, I just said they were not intentionally seeking death to themselves
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Typical Boomer mentality: "I've got mine, so screw everyone else".
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Elfdart wrote: 2021-08-15 10:59pm Typical Boomer mentality: "I've got mine, so screw everyone else".
I'm going to say that's not a Boomer mentality, it's an American one. The so-called "Greatest Generation" was full of that bullshit, too, and I suspect it goes back a lot farther than that.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Broomstick wrote: 2021-08-16 08:37am
Elfdart wrote: 2021-08-15 10:59pm Typical Boomer mentality: "I've got mine, so screw everyone else".
I'm going to say that's not a Boomer mentality, it's an American one. The so-called "Greatest Generation" was full of that bullshit, too, and I suspect it goes back a lot farther than that.
While I usually try and avoid being snarky, I would bring up that "All men are created equal...but slavery is totally ok" from your Founding Fathers.

Considering your entire country was basically "screw you guys, I'm gonna set up my own country and to hell with whoever is in my way" I'd say 17th century at least.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Yep, I'd say that's a fair assessment.

I'd like to think we've improved some over the years, but I'm not always certain about that.

Eulogy
Jedi Knight

Post by Eulogy »

What a waste of a perfectly good liver. I'd say being an antivaxxer is its own punishment, if only they didn't spread their plagues to those who can't take vaccines for health reasons.
"A word of advice: next time you post, try not to inadvertently reveal why you've had no success with real women." Darth Wong to Bubble Boy
"I see you do not understand objectivity," said Tom Carder, a fundie fucknut to Darth Wong