Republican Guard may have been Given orders to use CHEMICALS

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Republican Guard may have been Given orders to use CHEMICALS

Post by MKSheppard »

Iraqi Republican Guards surrounding Baghdad have
been given orders to use chemical warheads & artillery
shells if US ground forces cross specific physical
landmarks south of Baghdad.

Not permission - orders!

This comes from US Army radio intercepts of Iraqi Army
transmissions, specifically Republican Guard transmissions.

Everyone is reporting it, from Fox News to CBS, etc etc

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/02/ ... 1815.shtml
Last edited by MKSheppard on 2003-03-24 10:15pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Oh shit. I hope they don't because if they do it's going to get messy as hell.
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

get out your gasmasks and tacnukes, people. it's going to be a bad one.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

I see that whatever I wanted to say had been said twice already, so I'm going to say something different:

SCREW YOU, HANS BLIX! :evil:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Stormbringer wrote:
kojikun wrote:i hope they use them and that our boys are prepared and take no casualities. that way we can stick it in frances face and kill their veto power in the UN. Shit.
\

You really are a shit head. If they start using gas around Baghdad there are going to be thousands upon thousands dead. That's nothing to hope for.
No kidding. I thought that sounded weird, too.

But then, what else do you expect from Kojikun? :roll:
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

They'll be fighting right outside and in the fucking city, you dolt.

And it's POISON GAS. It doesn't behave like shells because it doesn't sit in one place.
Last edited by Spanky The Dolphin on 2003-03-24 10:20pm, edited 2 times in total.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

Aw hell, the shit has really hit the fan now. Well, I suppose we'll be getting support from France soon enough....Huzzah. :?

Seriously though, using chem weapons is only going to put Saddam on more countires hitlists. He's making a BIIIGGGG mistake this time. lets just hope he doesn't use it near any cities, and that the wind is low in Iraq.

Eh, is it windy in Iraq? Shit.... :?
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

I hope they capture Saddam alive, but keep it secret, and torture him to death. :evil: Use something from the arsenal of the Inquisition.

Then execute him. Make sure he dies slowly. At least 3-4 hours. Roasting on the slow fire should do the trick.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:Eh, is it windy in Iraq? Shit.... :?
From all the reports it sames to be. And a nice flat plain too. This is gonna get messy.

Lets hope and pray that no Scuds with gas go flying Israels way.
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

Shit I didn't even think of that. These will be.. very bad days, if its true.
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

If that's true, it's time to move in the heavy artillary and start leveling off points. If they use chem warfare now, then it's going to be more than Coalition soldiers lost. Unfortunately, it's going to come to a cut the loss type of deal, where civilians will be lost. Hopefully it will not come to that. But I say this now, the US can NOT lose this war. Sadam has to be either taken or killed.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Stormbringer wrote:
Darth Garden Gnome wrote:Eh, is it windy in Iraq? Shit.... :?
Considering how somewhat trigger-happy Israel has been with it's nukes in the past, that could lead to VERY messy results...

Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Considering how somewhat trigger-happy Israel has been with it's nukes in the past, that could lead to VERY messy results...
They've never used them. But then again if they get gassed kiss most of the middle east good bye.
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

::shrug:: i get the point.

spanky, dont even suggest nukes. tacts in the desert are one thing, but Israel will hit baghdad with megaton warheads.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Stormbringer wrote:
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Considering how somewhat trigger-happy Israel has been with it's nukes in the past, that could lead to VERY messy results...
They've never used them. But then again if they get gassed kiss most of the middle east good bye.
They've activated and targeted places like Egypt during times like the Yom Kippur War.

Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

kojikun wrote:::shrug:: i get the point.

spanky, dont even suggest nukes. tacts in the desert are one thing, but Israel will hit baghdad with megaton warheads.
Saddam might well provoke them. He's got nothing to lose.
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

Lets hope Saddam really doesnt have Al Qaeda links or secret ops in other countries, and that he hasn't given them anything, because they could be anywhere by now and it might not just be Baghdad that gets chemmed, it could be Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Kuwait City, London.. DC...
Mad_Wookie
Redshirt

Post by Mad_Wookie »

Here is the deal fokes. After the first Chem weapon flies WWIII begins. I will also assure you that they are going to use Chems because that is the only way they stand a chance against us.
To win you must first lose. Then you are ready to reap the fruits of victory. - JonathanPreiss
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Mad_Wookie wrote:Here is the deal fokes. After the first Chem weapon flies WWIII begins. I will also assure you that they are going to use Chems because that is the only way they stand a chance against us.
How can WWIII start when less then 10 contries are directly involved?

kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

whats going on with North Korea? Theyre getting very pissy lately and i doubt they'll keep their fingers of the big red button for much longer at this rate. if they get into it, WWIII might very well start (tho i think china and russia will KRUSH NK long before the US bitches a bit)
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

fuck, but this is starting to look bad.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:
Mad_Wookie wrote:Here is the deal fokes. After the first Chem weapon flies WWIII begins. I will also assure you that they are going to use Chems because that is the only way they stand a chance against us.
How can WWIII start when less then 10 contries are directly involved?
If WMDs start flying it wouldn't be hard at all.
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

Aww crap. The troops should have more then enough warning now to be in full NBC gear and well protected but this is:

A. Quite possibly going to blowback onto poor Iraqi civies. Death by VX is a horrible way to go.
B. Force a US response. I would put lots of money on the US having a group of B2's ready to go either at Deigo or back in the US with Tac nukes ready for use in retaliation on any Republic Guard unit that is stupid enough to launch Biochem weapons at ground troops.

You want shock and awe? If the people of Baghdad see a mushroom cloud appear on the Horizen where one of their beloved armies used to be, THEN you will get shock and awe. I guarantee it.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

While this might not be WWIII, this will be a HUGE diaster. The Bush administration might be known as the worst ever, and the world will view America as the new Nazi Germany. Not to mention, that the Middle East region will be fucked, the fundies will start a jihad, etc, etc.

The scary part is that I have predicited this as a possibility as early as July 2002, when I was debating the Iraqi war at Yale. Now, it seems that the worst-case scenario is coming to life.
I'm starting to panic right about now.

P.S. Since I'm a pessimist, it almost always sux to have my predictions come true. :(

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

galks, i doubt anyone will blame the US if Iraq chems anyone. This would be total vindication, are you kidding?