Name Picard's Dog

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Best name for Picard's Dog

Poll ended at 2019-08-09 02:11pm

Number 1
19%
Lieutenant Woof
30%
Wesley
7%
Five Lights
No votes
Fido, His Breath Heavy
15%
Livingston
22%
Earl Gray
7%

Total votes: 27

Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Name Picard's Dog

Post by Themightytom »

The new Picard poster has Picard and a dog, what should its name be?

"Since when is "the west" a nation?"-Styphon
"ACORN= Cobra obviously." AMT
This topic is... oh Village Idiot. Carry on then.--Havok
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Name Picard's Dog

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Livingston seems the most like a real name that Picard would use, though I could actually see Number 1, maybe. Livingston is dignified enough for a man like Picard, and is the name of an actual famous explorer, humanitarian, and academic, so it seems like something Picard would pick.

Fido, His Breath Heavy is the best by far, though. :D
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2019-07-10 07:12pm Livingston seems the most like a real name that Picard would use, though I could actually see Number 1, maybe. Livingston is dignified enough for a man like Picard, and is the name of an actual famous explorer, humanitarian, and academic, so it seems like something Picard would pick.

Livingston was also the name of his fish, so wouldn’t this be Livingston II? :P

Fido, His Breath Heavy takes it for me, though Welsey is a close second :lol:
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Fido, His Breath Heavy cracked me up :lol:

Really curious about this show, hope it does the character justice. I know Stewart will be excellent as always at least.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Tribble wrote: 2019-07-10 08:54pm
The Romulan Republic wrote: 2019-07-10 07:12pm Livingston seems the most like a real name that Picard would use, though I could actually see Number 1, maybe. Livingston is dignified enough for a man like Picard, and is the name of an actual famous explorer, humanitarian, and academic, so it seems like something Picard would pick.

Livingston was also the name of his fish, so wouldn’t this be Livingston II? :P

Fido, His Breath Heavy takes it for me, though Welsey is a close second :lol:
Forgot about the fish.

Anyway, voted for Livingston.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Voted for Lt. Woof. I imagine Data would suggest it and Worf merely amused.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Fido, his Breath Heavy is hilarious but I can't see someone naming their dog based on a one-off encounter and Five Lights is like a war veteran naming their dog PTSD. Livingston would be too long for me but with Picard, I can see it.
Livingston it is.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

If they include Nemesis in the continuality, then I would say 'Data'
Otherwise, Lt. Woof.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Bob the Gunslinger
Has not forgotten the face of his father

Post by Bob the Gunslinger »

The photos I saw showed a dog with docked ears and maybe a docked tail. That strikes me as something the Federation would have a problem with.
"Gunslinger indeed. Quick draw, Bob. Quick draw." --Count Chocula

"Unquestionably, Dr. Who is MUCH lighter in tone than WH40K. But then, I could argue the entirety of WWII was much lighter in tone than WH40K." --Broomstick

"This is ridiculous. I look like the Games Workshop version of a Jedi Knight." --Harry Dresden, Changes

"Like...are we canonical?" --Aaron Dembski-Bowden to Dan Abnett
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Bob the Gunslinger wrote: 2019-07-16 12:03pm The photos I saw showed a dog with docked ears and maybe a docked tail. That strikes me as something the Federation would have a problem with.
Yeah. Apparently the Federation's utopian future involves cosmetic animal abuse.

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Or maybe it's a nonfederation dog Picard rescued on some mission or other
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'