LOKI (Spoilers Possible!)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

FireNexus
Cookie

Re: LOKI (Spoilers Possible!)

Post by FireNexus »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBehFiXwVY8

Turn out my basic idea of what the sacred timeline is was correct. I wonder if the sacred timeline is like Rick and Morty’s central finite curve, essentially every timeline that could result in a Kang.
I had a Bill Maher quote here. But fuck him for his white privelegy "joke".

All the rest? Too long.
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Batman wrote: 2021-07-07 07:18pm So USS Eldridge but I seriously doubt that whatever alternate timeline she's from, the US Navy would've painted her name in a place that in her native environment would be below the waterline
The "Philadelphia Experiment" was a purported naval military experiment at the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, sometime around 28 October 1943, in which Eldridge was to be rendered invisible (i.e. by a cloaking device) to human observers for a brief period.

:D
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

MKSheppard wrote: 2021-10-04 06:17pm
Batman wrote: 2021-07-07 07:18pm So USS Eldridge but I seriously doubt that whatever alternate timeline she's from, the US Navy would've painted her name in a place that in her native environment would be below the waterline
The "Philadelphia Experiment" was a purported naval military experiment at the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, sometime around 28 October 1943, in which Eldridge was to be rendered invisible (i.e. by a cloaking device) to human observers for a brief period.

I KNEW I KNEW THAT NAME!! But I forgot to look it up after the episode. So, yes... the Philadelphia Experiment "worked" in one timeline. It definitely disappeared.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

I'm actually wanting to see more of LOKI; in fact, my entire Marvel "wanna see" list is now:

Spiderman:Multiverse Madness
Dr Strange: Multiverse Madness
Guardians of Galaxy 3
LOKI season 2

Because...the TVA makes more sense than so much of Marvel's future planned stuff:

It's really amazing how they took the TVA, something that only appeared in like 10 comic book issues TOTAL over 30 years -- and improved it so much that it's now superior to the comic book version.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
The_Saint
Jedi Knight

Post by The_Saint »

MKSheppard wrote: 2021-10-04 06:17pm

Saw the ship and first thought was "what maritime event from the last 20 years of warfare would have created a nexus event" and then thougt about the age/class of ship and saw the name ... and chuckled. A lot like DB Cooper it was a nice insert.
All people are equal but some people are more equal than others.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

I assumed giving the ship's name would give away I was talking about the infamous experiment and didn't all the stuff that ended there dissapear for keeps? Because in every version of the story I know Eldridge reappeared, just with weird stuff having happened to the ship and crew (well except for the real world version, where the experiment simply never happened)
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Season 2 Episode 1 dropped last Friday. (or Thursday evening US time, they did a similar thing with Ahsoka weirdly) Just watched it.

They threw a curveball to what everyone assumed about the TVA in the final moments of S1. Of course I think the writers have changed as well, so maybe it's not what they did mean originally.

It was fine as an episode, Loki and Mobius continue to have decent chemistry. O.B is charming. Introducing him and the exposition about the plot and TVA seeming splitting down the middle and seem to be working up to a civil war seems to be the key points of the episode.

I do wonder at spending 1/6 of the run time dealing with Loki's time jumps but I won't know if that's significant waste of time or not until the end and they were stuck with it from season 1, sort of.

But a decent enough start though.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Now it's over. Loki makes Yggdrasil, makes his own version of the TVA, and sits on the throne as the living version of the temporal loom. Not sure what happens as he ages, or needs to visit the loo. He could just head off as needed and return to the time at which he left, but that seems fraught with peril.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Evilchumlee
Youngling

Post by Evilchumlee »

Gandalf wrote: 2023-11-14 07:27pm Now it's over. Loki makes Yggdrasil, makes his own version of the TVA, and sits on the throne as the living version of the temporal loom. Not sure what happens as he ages
He doesn't. The TVA/Loom/Whatever exists outside of time. It's implied that the TVA crew have been at this for... ever? Mobius is probably "thousands of years old" so to speak, but time doesn't actually move in the TVA.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Time clearly moves. There was a period before Mobius met Loki. There was a time after. There was a time when the TVA worked well. There was a time when the loom was about to explode. Whenever Mobius has his dessert dish, it goes somewhere and does something.

There's some oddities based around its inhabitants, but the TVA certainly experiences time.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin