ORC waagh

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

Well the Force and the Warp while having similarties really aren't all that much alive (I don't hear anything about the force mutating people).

For instance if an ysalamiri worked on the warp just as it did the force you'd essentially have a Pariah... and since people don't feel revulsion and Luke didn't feel pain just from getting near them I would say such isn't the case.

I know SW shields block subspace and realspace (never heard of them blocking hyperspace though), however SW has no experience with the Warp nor do they have anything remotely similar so I doubt their shields are going to block it.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

OK, how about this one; the warp is a dimension of shifting psychic potential and disconected emotions. Every being is linked in some way to the warp. The closest allagory to this in SW is not, I believe, hyperspace but in fact the force. Do SW shields block force powers or perceptions?
Preception? Depends on your definition, as for your Force Powers comparsion then Yslamari would be an excelent counter if you clamining similiarty between the two(Psyonics and the Force that is)

Which you kindly say here...
Two possible defences would in fact be Ysalmari (drape a lot around any critical structure) or enough force users (could they cause enough disturbance in the warp to render these weapons less effective/non-effective?).
According to DFR and HTE Yslamari referoce each other, the standered seems to be 5 Meter Bubbles with each Yslamiar reforcing the nearby though how much is onknow, However its been noted the Planet of Mykr itself has a 12 KM Bubble that extends beyond the tree level from the Reinforcement

As far as its know as Yslamari have a very long lifespan and since bein Sessinal are very easy to take care of(They sit there and feed off the pack. not that much of a problem as long as they are fed) its likey Peollon never took them off his ships and the Emperor knew about them though understably keep them at an arms distance from himself

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

Mr Bean wrote:100% Communcation Block when the shields up hows that one?

We have a base cannon fact that nothing gets through SW Plantary shields(They are forced to use Repeaters(Ref DFR,TLC)
No energy, not physical objects and not wave forms even in other dementions
Can you say "No Limits Fallacy"?
Now then thats a generaly accetable SW Cannon fact, And now here comes the Orcs of 40k and you want to say that they can magicly Transport through all shields without providing a Single quote or reference to back that up?

And you call me Ludicrous
You are saying that SW shields block A, and they block B, so they must therefore block X as well. How about you actually provide proof that they block X (The Warp), rather than just waving your hand and insisting that they do?
「かかっ―」
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Frickin Warp Fricking Tech

Oh how we {necrons} despise it..
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
white_rabbit
Jedi Council Member

Post by white_rabbit »

Transport through all shields without providing a Single quote or reference to back that up?
I seem to remeber provided quite a few references....
reception? Depends on your definition, as for your Force Powers comparsion then Yslamari would be an excelent counter if you clamining similiarty between the two(Psyonics and the Force that is)
Only if you could get enough to cover a planet, and I dont think the Force and the warp are really going to work the same way,

as has been mentioned, Pariahs block psychic effects, but they are completely different to Yslamari in that they cause immense discomfort to psykers while the wee critters just create blank space..

And Psykers or Psychic entitys that are powerful enough can defeat Pariahs, in the Novel hereticus a Battletitans psionic mind/AI core did so to an untouchable.

But assuming they are similar, SW shields wouldnt block a Teleport, because they dont block Forceusers abilitys..

*shrug* They dont, its that simple,
Only extremely powerful psychic shields can stand a chance & thats only because they are created by a psyker, who is using the warp to said shield...
Or Void shields, which also block teleportation...

And to be honest, I think "outside" reality pretty much tops any of the dimensions SW shields block,

The Warp combines elements of Subspace, Hyperspace and the Force along with a few extras... I see nothing that has been posted to indicate that shunting something through the Warp, then bringing it back inside a shield would be prevented..

It doesnt penetrate or touch the shields at all...it just "goes around"