Colorado Republican legislator threatens Biden and Beto O'Rourke with assault rifle.

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Colorado Republican legislator threatens Biden and Beto O'Rourke with assault rifle.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

https://dailykos.com/stories/2020/3/6/1 ... n-his-hand
Republican Rep. Ken Buck of Colorado’s 4th Congressional District is a special kind of stupid. This is a man who voted against the coronavirus funding on Wednesday, because … well, maybe Mr. Buck believes he can defend himself from COVID-19 with a gun. In a video Buck tweeted out this morning, he threatens former Vice President Joe Biden and former Texas Rep. Beto O’Rourke for wanting to “take everyone’s AR-15s.” In the video, filmed presumably in the congressman’s office, Buck stands before a decoratively painted AR-15 hanging on the wall and says, “I have a message for Joe Biden and Beto O’Rourke. If you want to take everyone’s AR-15 in America, why don’t you swing by my office in Washington, D.C., and start with this one?” Then he takes the gun off the wall, holds it, and says, “Come and take it.”

I have just one message for Joe Biden and Beto O’Rourke, if you want to take everyone’s AR-15s, why don’t you swing by my office in Washington, D.C. and start with this one?

Come and take it. #2A pic.twitter.com/jG2SiXetov

— Congressman Ken Buck (@RepKenBuck) March 6, 2020
Here’s a reminder of how dumb and terrible the man who retired from the U.S. attorney’s office in Colorado back in 2001 under a cloud of rumors of malfeasance actually is. Mr. Don’t-Tread-On-Me was sued in 2005 for violating American citizens’ constitutional rights, after he seized the tax information of over 5,000 people in a raid during his time at the Colorado district attorney’s office.

The internets didn’t take too kindly to this kind of chicken hawk bullying, and the ratio Buck got was something to enjoy.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Re: Colorado Republican legislator threatens Biden and Beto O'Rourke with assault rifle.

Post by Broomstick »

... and that is why the store I work at moved all the ammunition in the store to a shelf that exists behind two locked high-security doors. The gun nuts are in fact going nuts.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Colorado Republican legislator threatens Biden and Beto O'Rourke with assault rifle.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

What's happening right now is every militia apocalypse prepper's twisted power fantasy coming to life, yeah.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Ken's got to leave his office eventually.... when he does, have a few officers tackle him, and drag him off for making terrorist threats.
If Trump tweets his, his fan base will approve.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.