Joker (spoilers)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Re: Joker (spoilers)

Post by Elheru Aran »

Lord Revan wrote: 2019-10-12 08:29am
Darth Yan wrote: 2019-10-11 11:47pm The Joker is usually portrayed as being incredibly smart even if his hand to hand fluctuates (he beats Ra's at chest and it's implied HE created the joker venom formula)
Isn't it generally implied that reason the Joker is a threat to anyone is because he's so smart and even when he's protraid as competent fighter he's no match to Batman and would be just another generic thug if he didn't have his intelligence.
Er, that and the whole criminally-insane thing...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

Post by SolarpunkFan »

Just came back from it.

My (very short) verdict: depressing but good. Some people might need a breather after the film.
Seeing current events as they are is wrecking me emotionally. So I say 'farewell' to this forum. For anyone who wonders.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

The Joker's a threat because he's

#1 - Very Smart
#2 - Very Creative
#3 - Just doesn't care.
#4 - A sadist, and possibly a machicist. He ENJOYS causing as much damage as possible.

When the Joker sets out to do something, he wants as many people to suffer as possible. As he's smart enough to know how.
He is probably the ultimate 'home-grown terrorist' when you get down to it. The difference is, because he's criminally insane (I actually doubt that, but whatever), and the DC justice and jail system is crap, they can't contain him.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

I haven't watched the movie my sig is from in a while, but didn't the Joker give Bats a full-on, "you complete me," speech in there? It doesn't matter how crazy or deadly he actually is, he doesn't actually want to kill Bruce. He sees him as his best friend.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Best friend/emotional lover
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Co-dependent frenemy?
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Deep seated emotional addiction he doesn't want to quit?

Then again, it's the Joker, it's probably all of the above and none of the above.

Raw Shark

Post by Raw Shark »

Seems legit.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

Raw Shark wrote: 2019-10-13 04:02pm I haven't watched the movie my sig is from in a while, but didn't the Joker give Bats a full-on, "you complete me," speech in there? It doesn't matter how crazy or deadly he actually is, he doesn't actually want to kill Bruce. He sees him as his best friend.
Depends on the incarnation too tbh. For example DCAU Joker usually wanted to see Batman dead, the trick being he wanted to be the one to do it via one of his death traps. He gradually tired of the duel as well; by the time Batman was “captured” in a Justice League episode the Joker was advocating for Batman to be killed right away, and in Return of the Joker he tried his best to kill both Bruce and Terry multiple times.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
Raw Shark

Post by Raw Shark »

Tribble wrote: 2019-10-21 05:02pmDepends on the incarnation too tbh. For example DCAU Joker usually wanted to see Batman dead, the trick being he wanted to be the one to do it via one of his death traps. He gradually tired of the duel as well; by the time Batman was “captured” in a Justice League episode the Joker was advocating for Batman to be killed right away, and in Return of the Joker he tried his best to kill both Bruce and Terry multiple times.
I concede to your superior knowledge, Sir.

madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

SolarpunkFan wrote: 2019-10-12 06:54pm Just came back from it.

My (very short) verdict: depressing but good. Some people might need a breather after the film.
It was so good. Did not glamorise violence, showed his steady spiral in a almost sympathetic way and held up a caustic mirror to society.

Also had some truly dark laugh out loud moments.

As wife said "if you come out of the theater thinking you are on the side of the innocents, you didnt watch it"
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee