To Absent Friends • Requiescat in Pace

Moderator: Moderators

Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

In Memoriam: Martin Kemmish / SirNitram

Post by Dalton »

All,

It is my sad duty to inform you that SirNitram, aka Martin Kemmish, passed away earlier today from injuries sustained after a fall. He was a friend to many here and his presence will be sorely missed. Please keep him in your thoughts and please send good vibes to LadyTevar in this time of sorrow.

Rest in peace, Martin. You will never be forgotten.

EDIT: Tev has posted the obituary and information about the memorial. Quoted here.
LadyTevar wrote:But now, the FULL Information:

Martin F. Kemmish, 32 of Charleston, WV passed away on Tuesday, June 17, 2014 at CAMC
General Hospital after an accidental fall at home.

He was born in Manchester, England and grew up in Norwalk, Connecticut. He met the love of
his life and settled in Charleston, WV.

Martin was a Boy Scout (Life rank) and a member of the National Honor Society. He was also a
member of the Society of Creative Anachronism (SCA) in the Barony of Blackstone, Mountain.

Martin Kemmish was very intelligent and unique guy. He was very British and proud of his
heritage, as well as proud to be called a Geek. He loved books by Terry Pratchett, Douglas
Adams, and was a player of RPG’s, Video Games, Online Games, and anything that challenged
his mind. He was the administrator to many of his online forums and was well-loved by people
he had only met online. His wit and knowledge and debating skills challenged many and gave
him great renown amongst these forums.

Martin loved Jimmy Buffet’s music, and learned to share his wife’s love of Southern Rock

He is survived by his wife and best friend of 14 years, Kathy Kemmish of Charleston, WV; his
parents, Fran and Geoff Kemmish of Boston; sister, Ruth Kemmish of Washington, DC; Uncle
Dove and Aunt Diann Fletcher, of England; Uncle Lawrence and Aunt Jo Kemmish of France;
mother-in-law, Marilene D. Bibb of Ansted, WV; cousin and his wife, Mathew and Karen
Fletcher; brother-in-law, Tom Bibb and wife, Cheryl Perdue and family; brother-in-law, Dean
Bibb and sons; Brett and Dorrane Bernard of Ansted, WV and Janice Wagoner of Charleston,
WV and many online friends.

Celebration of Martin’s Life will be held from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. Saturday, June 21, 2014 at
Barlow Bonsall Funeral Home, Charleston, WV.

In lieu of flowers the family request donations may be made to: West Virginia Literacy
Program Building 6, Room 304, 1900 Kanawha Blvd., East. Charleston, WV 25305-0330
or University of Virginia, Transplant Center, Health System Development Office, P.O. Box
800773 Charlottesville, VA 22908-0773.

You may send condolences to the family at: http://www.barlowbonsall.com
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Re: SirNitram has passed away

Post by Lagmonster »

My condolences to his family, and to our own Tevar. When you are ready, your SDN friends will be here for you.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

I'm sorry for your loss Tev.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

My condolences
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

My condolences and sympathy to Martin's family and friends.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
SCRawl
Has a bad feeling about this.

Post by SCRawl »

Words are inadequate to the task, but they are all we have. I offer the poor comfort of my condolences.
73% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

I'm waiting as fast as I can.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

I'm sorry, Martin....

Oh thank goddess he went out from something other than those severe health problems he's had for so long. I think he'd find that hilarious, the damned liver didn't get him in the end. Well, it's the only thing I can say to feel better.

...No matter how many times we disagreed, I always saw him as a friend, I never doubted once the sincerity of that from him, and I never, once, ever, doubted the incredible passion for learning and knowledge he'd cultivated despite his illnesses.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

He was a presence on this board even though he didn't really seem to post all that much. He will be missed. Lady Tev, I am sorry for your loss.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

I'm sorry for your loss, Tev. My condolences to you and your family.
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

aw shit. He died like he lived, bloody awkwardly.

he'll be missed.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Re: In Memoriam: SirNitram

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Farewell SirNitram, you will be remembered.

LadyTevar, we'll be here when you're ready, and you'll be in our thoughts.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Oh no :((((

I'll always remember that flipping Black Mage.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Damn. I saw the FB post earlier, and then come on here and saw the announcement at the top...I never knew him, but as a part of this community it's still terribly sad when a prominent member passes. RIP SirNitram, and my condolences to Lady Tevar.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

I'm very sorry for your Loss Tev. My heartfelt condolences..
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Wing Commander MAD
Jedi Knight

Post by Wing Commander MAD »

My condolences to LadyTevar and the rest of his friends and family.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

You will be missed, friend. I will treasure shared memories of the good times had RPing with Martin, and discussing stuff here. My deepest condolences, Tev.
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

I don't know what to say.

I've been staring at this open window for a while now, fragments of words and sentences running in and out of my head. Even thought I hadn't seen him in person in years, Martin was still someone I had a long, rich history with, and now that that's...ended, I don't know what to say.

History never dies. I can remember him for that much, even if he won't be making any more.

Tev, if you need anything, you know how to reach me.

Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Post by Napoleon the Clown »

I don't think I had much interaction with him in discussions, but he always struck me as a really cool guy. My condolences to Lady Tevar, and all his other family and friends.
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

This is very sad news. :(
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Truly saddening, he was always one of the best people on the board and it's the worse for his passing and will be missed, heartfelt condolences to LadyTevar as well.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Well, fuck.

We didn't really get along, so I cant's say I liked him, but I already miss him. Never thought it would affect me this way.

Rest in peace.
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

My condolences.
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.
Spekio
Jedi Knight

Post by Spekio »

My condolences to Lady Trevar and family.
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

SirNitram was one of the nicest people I've interacted with on this board. I'll miss him, though obviously nowhere near as much as LadyTevar. My condolences for her loss.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

FUCK
JADAFETWA