Harry Potter and the Prime Minister's Plan.

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Harry Potter and the Prime Minister's Plan.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Yeah.

At that point, Bond would probably let something slip to Voldemort to draw him into an ambush, then try to snipe him- he'd much rather fight Voldemort at a time and place of his choosing than try to infiltrate Malfoy Manor when he might or might not even be there.

Of course, that depends on Voldemort carrying enough about him to go after him personally, rather than just send Death Eaters (or worse, Dementors). But the more Death Eaters disappear, the more they're going to take him seriously as a threat- especially if they find out that a muggle government agency is backing Bond, because even Voldemort knows that intervention by muggle authorities in a wizarding war is a game-changer (though deliberately leaking that information would violate Bond's orders).

At least, that would be Bond's likely plan at this point. But when do things ever go according to plan for Bond?
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Usually, Bond's plan, after finding out that Voldemort hangs out in Malfoy Manor, occasionally, would be:
get himself invited to a Party there,
cryptically confront Lucius about it,
shag Narcissa,
getting her killed,
get caught,
and kill Voldemort during the escape.

Realistically, he would no longer go after pawns after having this info, but stake out the Manor to get Voldemort during a meeting, without provoking him to any rash measures due to his supporters dwindling.

The pawns would either be killed off during this attack, or later, if they still pose a threat.

You never see Bond going after henchman #356 directly, he goes for Dr. No, and all the henchmen trying to stop him (or are being within the blast radius)
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Yeah, that's a Bond Movie climax in a nutshell.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

I expect to get an invite to Malfoy Manor, Bond would have to impersonate a Death Eater, or possibly one of Malfoy's social circle (ie a rich, bigoted pureblood). Which is actually quite possible, with pollyjuice potion. Or, for non-potion methods, simply pretend to be a foreign pureblood (I expect Malfoy would know most of the British families in such a small community) who wants to join the Death Eaters- we know the Death Eaters recruited foreign wizards to the cause.

Can't really say more about what will or won't ultimately happen, though, because spoilers.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.