Brainstorming for Firefly/Torchwood fic

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Meandering River
Redshirt

Brainstorming for Firefly/Torchwood fic

Post by Meandering River »

First of all hi everyone, I'm new here. Found this place via Majin Gojira and his Supernatural Taisen fic, thought I'd try writing... something. Anyway, here goes!

First of all look at this (http://blogs.amctv.com/scifi-scanner/mal.JPG) and this (http://www.costume-designer.co.uk/wp-co ... jack_0.jpg). That's where I got the idea from. Why the hell do they dress so goddam alike?! The world needs at least a short to spoof them.

And it's not just the looks, either. They're both veterans of war(s) and have a trademark coat to commemorate it, as well as their trusty pistol that got them through it (IIRC). Both also do the "leader as a monster" thing (gotta be a trope), making the inhumane decisions that have to be made even when their team and conscious scream against it.

Both shows also focus a lot on the dynamics the team/ crew interactions, and putting the two groups together just lends itself to some interesting scenes. How would Zoe react to Gwen's rebelliousness despite being second-in-command? How would Owen and Jayne get along--or not? Would Tosh sympathize with River over her telepathy-induced instability? And just how awkward could Ianto make Simon feel with his offhand remarks about his sex life?

The story would begin with Serenity getting boarded by Reavers and then sucked through the rift and crashing in Cardiff. Torchwood gets the crew out and team up to track down the Reavers... for a start. I'm gonna try to tie up a few loose ends, like Inara's "suicide pen," why she's a Companion, and some other things, as well as integrate some recurring characters; Hands of Blue, YoSafBridge, John Hart, the Futurekind, etc.

The Firefly crew will be pre-Serenity, and Torchwood... I'm debating whether or not I want it to be pre-zombie Owen or post-season 2, since the episode with Gwen finding the island asylum is significant. Might just do those events within the fic. What do you think?

I have the first and final scenes all in my head, it's just the middle part I gotta do. No biggie, right? :roll: I've got some ideas but I don't wanna give too much away... Suggestions for scenes, scenarios, conspiracies, and cameos are welcome, as it may wind up being a series of short stories, though I prefer it be a little on the epic side.

Thanks much!