Fanfic idea:Cold War comedy

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

lance
Jedi Master

Fanfic idea:Cold War comedy

Post by lance »

Like in Canadian Bacon where the leaders of a super power want to start a state of cold war with a vastly inferior military force and a group of drunken rednecks takes the threat seriously and starts an invasion of federation space.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Re: Fanfic idea:Cold War comedy

Post by Ghost Rider »

Off to the proper forum.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Eviscerator
Padawan Learner

Post by Eviscerator »

Thre's real life precedent for this :mrgreen:
There was an small town/village that got left out of the peace treaties in some war so technically they were still at war with RUSSIA for a very long time :P
Homer Simpson : SLobber .... (Insert random item here) :)
phred
Jedi Knight

Post by phred »

Eviscerator wrote:Thre's real life precedent for this :mrgreen:
There was an small town/village that got left out of the peace treaties in some war so technically they were still at war with RUSSIA for a very long time :P
Actually, the Cherokee nation declared war on Germany at the same time the US did, but weren't there for the treaties at the end of the war. So technically all people of Cherokee descent are still at war with Germany.
"Siege warfare, French for spawn camp" WTYP podcast

It's so bad it wraps back around to awesome then back to bad again, then back to halfway between awesome and bad. Like if ed wood directed a godzilla movie - Duckie
Samuel
Sith Marauder

Post by Samuel »

phred wrote:
Actually, the Cherokee nation declared war on Germany at the same time the US did, but weren't there for the treaties at the end of the war. So technically all people of Cherokee descent are still at war with Germany.
Doesn't unconditional surrender include all powers that were at war with them?
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Technically, but the Cherokee never ACCEPTED the german surrender.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
JN1
Padawan Learner

Post by JN1 »

That would be Berwick Upon Tweed in Northumberland. When the Crimean War began the town was a separate entity and the declaration of war was made in the name of the 'United Kingdom of Great Britain, Ireland and Berwick Upon Tweed'. By the time the peace treaty was signed Berwick had been officially incorporated into England and the peace treaty was signed by the 'United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland'.

However the above rather amusing story is apocryphal, as the Wales and Berwick Act 1746 made it clear that any references to England in law (including any treaties) automatically included Berwick. It is claimed that in 1966 that a Soviet official did visit the mayor and a peace treaty was signed, however local Berwick historians dispute this.
So I'm afraid that Berwick was not at war with Russia and laterly the USSR from 1856 to 1966.
'Fire up the Quattro!'
'I'm arresting you for murdering my car, you dyke-digging tosspot! - Gene Hunt.