The Open Door (megacrossover)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Re: The Open Door (megacrossover)

Post by Academia Nut »

Despite searching, I can't find the canonical reference, but in Battlefleet Gothic there's a Chaos ship named the Killfrenzy by the Imperium simply because where ever it goes its only transmission is "KILLFRENZYKILLFRENZYKILLFRENZY". I figured that sort of thing would go with the 'ghost ship stories of Star Wars' feel I was shooting for.
I love learning. Teach me. I will listen.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
Black Admiral
Jedi Council Member

Post by Black Admiral »

Darmalus wrote:Is there anywhere I can read up on the cannon Killfrenzy?
Well, there's the Battlefleet Gothic rulebook, but I can't recall anywhere else it's been mentioned.
"I do not say the French cannot come. I only say they cannot come by sea." - Admiral Lord St. Vincent, Royal Navy, during the Napoleonic Wars

"Show me a general who has made no mistakes and you speak of a general who has seldom waged war." - Marshal Turenne, 1641
holyknight
Youngling
Location: In a dark alley, slaying the Cultists of Wanknfiction

Post by holyknight »

Academia Nut wrote:Despite searching, I can't find the canonical reference, but in Battlefleet Gothic there's a Chaos ship named the Killfrenzy by the Imperium simply because where ever it goes its only transmission is "KILLFRENZYKILLFRENZYKILLFRENZY". I figured that sort of thing would go with the 'ghost ship stories of Star Wars' feel I was shooting for.
Oh well. At least isn't screaming through the waves "LEEEEEEEROOOOOYYYY JEEEEENNNKIIINSSS!!"
A devoted follower of the Chaos Goddess and her way.....

Buck Murdock: Oh, cut the bleeding heart crap, will ya? We've all got our switches, lights, and knobs to deal with, Striker. I mean, down here there are literally hundreds and thousands of blinking, beeping, and flashing lights, blinking and beeping and flashing - they're *flashing* and they're *beeping*. I can't stand it anymore! They're *blinking* and *beeping* and *flashing*! Why doesn't somebody pull the plug!
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Y'know, I can really picture Leroy as a Khorne-worshipper now.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

The concept of a ship that broadcasts nothing but "KILLFRENZY" over and over again just makes me smile. I wonder if it's supposed to do that.
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

Great, now I have a picture of a bunch of Chaos Adepts frowning around the comm. unit trying to get it to stop broadcasting that message because the damned thing is broken and stuck in a loop, but eventually they just give up.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
WillowBee
Youngling

Post by WillowBee »

NeoChaos’ biotech has been far too dependant on Angelic based physiology; so vivisecting the Yuuzhan Vong and their starships will make neoChaos more diverse. Imagine an amphistaff scaled up for an Evangelion unit to use in close combat, or using Yorik coral to patch up abrasive armor until it can be brought to a repair bay, or growing their own version of those giant tentacled crab-lobsters to support infantry.

I also had a joygasm thinking about neoChaos stealing the blue prints of the DeathStar and a scene where a bunch of scientists & engineers are debating the feasibility of designing one of their own to protect Earth Prime as a last line of defense.
Valorie
Youngling

Post by Valorie »

Very awesome. Kudos!

How does SW hyperdrive stack up against Battlestar FTL or anti-matter propulsion?
WillowBee wrote:I also had a joygasm thinking about neoChaos stealing the blue prints of the DeathStar and a scene where a bunch of scientists & engineers are debating the feasibility of designing one of their own to protect Earth Prime as a last line of defense.
Any excuse to build a super-weapon, and a very bad-ass one at that.

If this is after the destruction of Ithor, I can see neoChaos either giving Hammerheads the means to seek their revenge or allowing them to immigrate to another dimension. A race of pacifists-turned-avengers down on their luck ought to warm the hearts of Chaos Undivided; they have a soft spot for hard luck cases.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Hyperdrive beats all the other existing FTL hands-down when it comes to strategic speed.
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

Don't the Necrons and Asgard beat the shit out of SW hyperdrive?
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

A few things:

1) Star Wars will mop the floor with them with an equal weight of ships, and they have more ships anyway. This mission is insanely dangerous and their only option in a fight where they do not have an overwhelming advantage in hull weight is to run and hide in the Warp
2) Their only biotech is Angelic because the Angel stuff is naturally proficient at tapping and channelling Warp energy, and its only 'biological' in a very loose sense. They don't use any of it as primary structural materials when they have adamantium and Wraithbone as far superior building materials. The Yuuzhan Vong biotech is rubbish by their standards, and if it weren't for their singularity drives they would have been massacred from the start. Proton torpedoes can cripple, kill, and even bisect their destroyers and light cruisers, where on an equivalent metal ship they would only cause localized damage

Trust me, I am going to rip apart the absurdity of Yuuzhan Vong biotech while still giving them their canonical abilities. Their main advantage at the start of the war was they were an OCP, but even that didn't give them enough of an advantage over their pathetic energy handling capacities in comparison and once their enemies got used to their tactics and got their heads out of their asses they started destroying the Vong wholesale.

As for the comparison to SW hyperdrive, here's a quick summary:
1) Asgard hyperdrive (cross between galaxies in minutes to days when fully powered)
2) Necron inertialess drives (cross the galaxy in indeterminate times but probably seconds)
3) SW hyperdrive (cross their galaxy in hours to days, depending on the drive and the route)
4) New Chaos Warp engines in calm space (cross the galaxy in a few days to weeks)
5) 40k Warp engines with Navigator in their disrupted space (about a year to go from one side to the other)
6) 40k Warp engines without Navigator in their disrupted space (between one and ten years as ten years is the length of time it takes a pilgrim ship to cross the galaxy, including their frequent stop overs at holy sites)
7) ST warp drives (from Delta Quadrant to Alpha in 70 years at Warp 8 )
8 ) nBSG jump drives (instantaneous from point to point, but the limitation of their jump lengths makes them sloooooow for long trips)
9) Antimatter drive (STL drive, thus really shouldn't be part of this list, but takes years to decades to travel between stars)
barricade
Youngling

Post by barricade »

I think the idea of adapting Vong biotech to what NewChaos uses actually might have more merit then you realize. Now if you used 100% Vong tech, unmodified, then yes, it utterly sucks compared to anything the main SW galaxy uses, let alone what NewChaos can produce. Its that keyword 'unmodified' is where the issue is. If you adapted it to angelic tech so they grow together as one, then its likely it could get far nastier.
Macross Daedalus Attack: Because nothing says "Frak You" like punching them in the face with an aircraft carrier.
Macross Frontier Version: Unless you use 2 aircraft carriers.

Named after a g/f! Sheesh, stop asking.
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Yeah, I could imagine New Chaos only taking (perhaps) dovin basals from the Yuuzhan Vong. Not much else they have is very interesting, to be bluntly honest, but the self-contained focused gravity generators (just add water + nutrients) can at least be useful in certain cases.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
MichaelAwesome
Youngling

Post by MichaelAwesome »

barricade wrote:I think the idea of adapting Vong biotech to what NewChaos uses actually might have more merit then you realize. Now if you used 100% Vong tech, unmodified, then yes, it utterly sucks compared to anything the main SW galaxy uses, let alone what NewChaos can produce. Its that keyword 'unmodified' is where the issue is. If you adapted it to angelic tech so they grow together as one, then its likely it could get far nastier.
Academia Nut say Vong biotech is rubbish. Fine, I sort of agree with you to a limited extent.

What’s more important is if neoChaos stop and ponder, “Could we do something similar with Angelic components?” It’s the adaptability and free-thinking that makes neoChaos so strong, so don’t be afraid to throw out some half-baked ideas.

You got an entire society of mad scientists. Use them!

Just because something is a bad idea doesn’t mean you can’t learn from it. 19th century scientists copied Nikola Tesla’s unrealistic obsession with wireless energy transfer to build radios, X-rays, the alternating current, and the majority of modern electromagnetic-based technology.

Yes, the dovin basal gravity generators sound good, as does an amphistaff scaled up for an Evangelion unit to use in close combat.
Alien-Carrot
Youngling

Post by Alien-Carrot »

Tech from other realities..

Mad scientists...

Washu....!

GALAXY GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :kill:

neoChaos with a galaxy gun, now theres a scary thought full of win.

Either that, or they transfer the Bolo's programming into Gunbuster.

ok, i'll admit, that sounds like wank even to me.
2.2E32 joules of planet shattering kaboom
Jaeger
Youngling

Post by Jaeger »

If Ashley and her classmates are a good example of neoChaos’ grade-school children, then you got several thousand high school graduates who know how to bypass causality, a quarter of whom suffer from mild megalomania and pseudo-god-complexes. Their entire civilization encourages a “passive” interest in the morbid, perverese, and unnatural for their own pleasure and amusement. It'd be impossible to NOT have a dozen prominent mad scientists per generation with that kind of nurturing environment.

You DON’T need to recruit from other realities. Hell, Earth Prime is like a planet-wide “Eureka” (the American show, not the anime), albiet more violent and hedonistic.
Garlak
Youngling

Post by Garlak »

Ah... Star Wars. Thought as much.

Though it probably would've been better if Asukhon had made it seem like TZEeNTCHIAN marines captured that ship... Tzeentch is known for subtlety, Khorne, not so much. Eh. They may attribute it to Tzeentch anyway.

But I have to ask. Why are NewChaos trying to tie up those two Universes together in the first place? I mean, they should have just left well enough alone! Now that they've stirred things up, they've alerted *multiple* Universes to extra-Dimensional threats. I mean, before NewChaos started reality-hopping most societies probably wouldn't have thought of waging war across the Multiverse, or traveling the Multiverse when you haven't even secured your own Universe, Galaxy Clustre, or Galaxy...

It's... Just HOW did they expect, or fear, to draw OldChaos's attention anyway? Now that they've introduced Out-Of-Concept problems to various Universes, those people are going to be thinking of/preparing for OCPs and extra-Dimensional threats.
I went to the librarian and asked for a book about stars ... And the answer was stunning. It was that the Sun was a star but really close. The stars were suns, but so far away they were just little points of light ... The scale of the universe suddenly opened up to me. It was a kind of religious experience. There was a magnificence to it, a grandeur, a scale which has never left me. Never ever left me.
~Carl Sagan
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

If you're going to start using Mad Scientists, you're probably going to have to bring in the Girl Genius-verse, as low tech as that is...
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

Beowulf wrote:If you're going to start using Mad Scientists, you're probably going to have to bring in the Girl Genius-verse, as low tech as that is...
Hell, toss in Narbonic, too.
But I have to ask. Why are NewChaos trying to tie up those two Universes together in the first place? I mean, they should have just left well enough alone! Now that they've stirred things up, they've alerted *multiple* Universes to extra-Dimensional threats. I mean, before NewChaos started reality-hopping most societies probably wouldn't have thought of waging war across the Multiverse, or traveling the Multiverse when you haven't even secured your own Universe, Galaxy Clustre, or Galaxy...
Simple: They need something from Buffy-verse, and they want a good-ole clusterfuck there to make sure they can smash and grab it without any problems.
Garlak
Youngling

Post by Garlak »

Singular Quartet wrote:
Simple: They need something from Buffy-verse, and they want a good-ole clusterfuck there to make sure they can smash and grab it without any problems.
... let me see if I understand it.

They want something from Buffy-verse, so they're going to invoke suspicion in two of the Verses that they really, really want to avoid. And then set these now-(even more!)paranoid worlds on to Buffy's world. And they're hoping that this OCP will distract... somebody there long enough for them to grab something really important.

If it's something important, it will be missed. And SW and 40K will go over the Buffy-verse with fine tooth combs and are very likely to notice it. They're messing with Chaos, which they reaallly want to avoid, and a power that can oppose it, all to grab something.

Does... does that idea sound crazy to anybody else?

Well... my theory is that if the Buffyverse is a lynchpin of some sorts... then it's holding something together. And they're hoping if they leave a trail of breadcrumbs (or bodies but lets not get into semantic) two High-Energy Universes will go running head-over-heels that way, and disrupt some kind of balance. They might be trying to break the Great Warding or... some other part of the Multiverse. It was kind of confusing so, yeah...
I went to the librarian and asked for a book about stars ... And the answer was stunning. It was that the Sun was a star but really close. The stars were suns, but so far away they were just little points of light ... The scale of the universe suddenly opened up to me. It was a kind of religious experience. There was a magnificence to it, a grandeur, a scale which has never left me. Never ever left me.
~Carl Sagan
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

...or there is something in the Buffy-verse sufficiently valuable that if they get their hands on it, it won't matter that canon 40k and SW have escaped from their universes and are in the multiverse at large. Of course, if its that valuable the Powers That Be in Buffyverse would have to be incredibly distracted to let it out of their grasp. As in someone is throwing teratons of energy about above Earth distracted.

Also, why do you think they stole an Old Chaos warship instead of just building their own? If they needed ships that badly you would think that they would be stealing more. Unless of course they're, oh, I dunno, performing a false flag operation in SW.
bobnik
Youngling

Post by bobnik »

Garlak wrote:
Singular Quartet wrote:
... let me see if I understand it.

They want something from Buffy-verse, so they're going to invoke suspicion in two of the Verses that they really, really want to avoid. And then set these now-(even more!)paranoid worlds on to Buffy's world. And they're hoping that this OCP will distract... somebody there long enough for them to grab something really important.

If it's something important, it will be missed. And SW and 40K will go over the Buffy-verse with fine tooth combs and are very likely to notice it. They're messing with Chaos, which they reaallly want to avoid, and a power that can oppose it, all to grab something.

Does... does that idea sound crazy to anybody else?
Not necessarily. The security around the object may be such the only the chaos of the fight between canon!40k and SW may be enough distraction. Also, we don't actually yet know if SW is being lured there; forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any one but canon!40k is being lured there, it's a big enough nest of factions in and of itself. I see canon!40k as the next challenge, how to deal with an equivtech civillisation(s). Note neo!Chaos is taking the sneaky route here, they have the tech but not the numbers. This is, I feel, why Tzintchi was angry with Askhon: not her escalation in SW, but her giving of more clues to the canon!40k universe.
English is truly a Chaotic language; it will mutate at the drop of a hat, unmercifully rend words from other languages, spreads like the fabled plagues of old and has bastard children with any other dialect it can get its grubby little syntax on.
Skyfox120
Youngling

Post by Skyfox120 »

It was also mentioned earlier that Tzintchi realized that sooner or later the ruinious powers would notice there extra dimesional activites... indeed the only thing keeping them hidden for now was the great warding of the NEcrontyr. (Keep in mind that technically Tzintchi's reality is just a Alternate timeline, NOT a seperate universe from the cannon WH40kverse).

The Buffy verse was meant as a red herring to ensure that the Ruinious powers discovered such things on Tzintich's terms and far away from the majority of Tzintchi and co's forces extra dimesional activites...
Finbar
Redshirt

Post by Finbar »

Academia Nut wrote:...or there is something in the Buffy-verse sufficiently valuable that if they get their hands on it, it won't matter that canon 40k and SW have escaped from their universes and are in the multiverse at large. Of course, if its that valuable the Powers That Be in Buffyverse would have to be incredibly distracted to let it out of their grasp. As in someone is throwing teratons of energy about above Earth distracted.
Could it be.. 'The Key'? The billions of years old entity who can undo the Great Warding?

I dunno, I kinda like the idea of Dawn being a follower of Mislatto:)

Cheers

Finbar
Jaeger
Youngling

Post by Jaeger »

Finbar wrote:I dunno, I kinda like the idea of Dawn being a follower of Mislatto:)
Nah, too obvious. I'd liked the idea of Dawn Summers becoming a vessel for Illyria the Old One, effectively turning Dawn/Illyria into a Chaos Goddess with the power to break down dimensional barriers.

Where there any Wookies on that slave ship? I’m sure the Furries and bestialities onboard the Stiletto “Killfrenzy” will loooove them.

Okay, aside from Vong biotech, here are a few things that might peek neoChaos’ interest:

1) Ssi-ruuvi Entechment rig.
2) Holocron, a Force-sensitive data storage device that can act as an anchor for disembodied spirit, great for those trying to cheat death and become immortal.
3) Ysalamir lizards that can negate the Force
4) Glitterstim, a narcotic that gives temporary telepathy
5) Blue prints for the Empire’s DeathStar.
6) Astromech droids: Imagine being a daemon bound within an R2 droid. What an awesome way to work off your debt to society in style.
7) Hydrostatic bubbles used by the Gungan to build their cities and vehicles.
8) Energy spiders, a.k.a. spice spiders, that’d secrete Glitterstim when feed a special diet.