The Open Door (megacrossover)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

MichaelAwesome
Youngling

Re: The Open Door (megacrossover)

Post by MichaelAwesome »

Valorie wrote:Ashley is 10-12, meaning that while in school she’d have contact with the children of citizens, non-citizens, and slaves, which would give insight into neoChaos’ socio-economic structure.
The new Chaos gods are big on children not suffering for their parent’s choices, so it’d be interesting how they’d handle this. Even if they’re treated well, they’d still group up with the stigma of being the child a slave as other children would pick on them because of their heritage.

It’d be logical to assume that slaves that are loyal and perform well can become non-citizens, which in turn allows them to work towards citizenship, so there would be cultural subgroups within the non-citizen community.
Jaeger
Youngling

Post by Jaeger »

The "Evil Overlord Handbook" says you're supposed to allow small uprisings every now and again so you'll have the opportunity to remind people why you're the biggest badboy on the playground, as well as prove whose loyal and weed out subversive elements.

Rule #109: I will see to it that plucky young lads/lasses in strange clothes and with the accent of an outlander shall REGULARLY climb some monument in the main square of my capital and denounce me, claim to know the secret of my power, rally the masses to rebellion, etc. That way, the citizens will be jaded in case the real thing ever comes along.

Rule #141: As an alternative to not having children, I will have lots of children. My sons will be too busy jockeying for position to ever be a real threat, and the daughters will all sabotage each other's attempts to win the hero.
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

*coughs lightly*

Yeah... midterms are coming up, so probably not going to see anything until Thursday. But uh... you might see a somewhat familiar face.

Whistles innocently
I love learning. Teach me. I will listen.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
EarthScorpion
Padawan Learner

Post by EarthScorpion »

Academia Nut wrote:*coughs lightly*

Yeah... midterms are coming up, so probably not going to see anything until Thursday. But uh... you might see a somewhat familiar face.

Whistles innocently

By Chaos!

That kind of rampant insanity and free-thinking... if that man had been put in charge of the Imperium expedition to Hogwarts, then;
a) There will be explosions
b) There will be SPARTA!
c) If him and Lars are ever put in the same room, something bad might happen.
See the Anargo Sector Project, an entire fan-created sector for Warhammer 40k, designed as a setting for Role-Playing Games.

Author of Aeon Natum Engel, an Evangelion/Cthulhutech setting merger fan-fiction.
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

Hogwarts? I do believe you mean Sunnydale. Either way its not fair.

But I should point out that Mosegi's favourite tactics do involve getting the enemies of the Imperium of Man to kill each other for him. He's dropped ork WAAAUGH!!!'s on Chaos incursions before, and Eldar Farseers have a permanent contract out on him for being annoying. So if say someone where to try the reverse on him...

I am definitely going to have fun with Mosegi, turning him up to 11 for this one. You complained about god mode sue when it was perpetuated by actual gods? Well... mwahahahahaha! Then again, he's funny enough to pull it off, I hope.

Although if you really want bad things to happen, think about this:

1) Leman Russ is searching for Yggdrasil
2) Skuld is a Norn, a caretaker of Yggdrasil
3) Skuld is married to Lars, a daemon
4) Leman Russ does not like daemons
5) ?????
6) Explosions!
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
EarthScorpion
Padawan Learner

Post by EarthScorpion »

Yes, I have absolutely no idea why I said "Hogwarts". I was thinking "Sunnydale". One hell of a Freudian slip.

Oh wait, I know exactly why I said it. Spending time in the SB.com Versus forum does that to a brain, making it automatically associate nasty things happening to teenagers with Hogwarts. Like, say, the Technocracy. Or the Shrike. :roll:

But yes, something tells me that Mosegi would get on, if he met them off the field of battle, surprisingly well with neo-Chaos, especially Tzintchi. Shortly before he tried to kill him, because no enemy of the Imperium that smart and good at thinking like him should be permitted to live.

... I can see a lot of Mexican stand-offs if Mosegi finds neo-Chaos...
See the Anargo Sector Project, an entire fan-created sector for Warhammer 40k, designed as a setting for Role-Playing Games.

Author of Aeon Natum Engel, an Evangelion/Cthulhutech setting merger fan-fiction.
D1398342003
Redshirt

Post by D1398342003 »

I was actually thinking that Mosegi would find his way into The Open Door somehow. Who's side is he on, Imperium or newChaos?
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Academia Nut wrote:*coughs lightly*

Whistles innocently
*Gets out a hammer that rivals Skulds* YOU NEVER FINISHED THAT STORY

July 24, 2007, you stated "Chapter 11 will be up soon"
It's now Feb. 2009. The worst part? You'd left it on a CLIFFHANGER.

So, I am hereby banning you from bringing in Mosegi until you have Finished Chapter 11, and possibly given us a few more.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

...Bloody hell, do you have a Grand Directory somewhere of all the stuff you've got here? I didn't even know that one existed until you linked it. And, as an aside, that's a long 'within a day' there. *eyes sharply*
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

I'd like to remind you that he did give us a few more chapters, just from the middle/end of Mosegi's carrier, rather than the very beginning. As to chapter 11, though... yeah, we'd all appreciate that.
darkjedi521
Youngling

Post by darkjedi521 »

I believe the second story was never finished either, nor were the Chronicles of Peitro, and I think at least one other non-40K piece was left dangling also.
Ex ASVS lurker and sometimes poster
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

"Look upon my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Nothing beside remains: round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Promethium in Paradise

Fall of Man

Valour and Mayhem

Shadow of the Tyrant

Chronicles of Pietro Ludvigs

Snow

EDIT: Oh, and the Misfits, but I'll find them later. I suppose you could call them a prototype for New Chaos.

And of course Thousand Shinji. There are also a few other things that are best left unmentioned as they were small and bad.

Yes, I'm a bad boy. Would you like to distract me from The Open Door?
holyknight
Youngling
Location: In a dark alley, slaying the Cultists of Wanknfiction

Post by holyknight »

Academia Nut wrote:"Look upon my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Promethium in Paradise

Fall of Man

Valour and Mayhem

Shadow of the Tyrant

Snow

EDIT: Oh, and the Misfits, but I'll find them later. I suppose you could call them a prototype for New Chaos.

And of course Thousand Shinji. There are also a few other things that are best left unmentioned as they were small and bad.

................... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
A devoted follower of the Chaos Goddess and her way.....

Buck Murdock: Oh, cut the bleeding heart crap, will ya? We've all got our switches, lights, and knobs to deal with, Striker. I mean, down here there are literally hundreds and thousands of blinking, beeping, and flashing lights, blinking and beeping and flashing - they're *flashing* and they're *beeping*. I can't stand it anymore! They're *blinking* and *beeping* and *flashing*! Why doesn't somebody pull the plug!
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Academia Nut wrote:Yes, I'm a bad boy. Would you like to distract me from The Open Door?
Yes. I want more Snow and Pietr Ludwig!!
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Academia Nut wrote:"Look upon my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Promethium in Paradise

Fall of Man

Valour and Mayhem

Shadow of the Tyrant

Snow

Geeeeeeeeeeee... I've found a PATTERN!
You start a fantastic story, get to a chapter that ends with a really big deal about to happen next Chapter...

AND THEN YOU QUIT POSTING IT!.

Prometium in Paradise... wow, the good guys and bad guys are all going to the same island now! What will happen?
Don't know.. you stopped.

Tyrant. Uhoh, it's meteor season, time to move to the water. What new wonders are there?
Don't know ... you stopped posting.

Valour and Mayhem I've already bitched about.
Again, you stopped posting chapters, just when it was getting good.

Peitro.

Snow.

You have a HABIT of 'getting stuck' and never going back to post more chapters, you bastard! You leave us with fantastic stories of interesting people, some funny, some inspiring, some terrifying, all stories with many people asking for more and more, but then the Story just Stops!
No ending, no resolution, we never know how it's gonna turn out, because you just stop posting about it.
Bastard. I wanna know how the story Ends!
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
HSRTG
Jedi Knight

Post by HSRTG »

Lady Tevar wrote:Geeeeeeeeeeee... I've found a PATTERN!
You start a fantastic story, get to a chapter that ends with a really big deal about to happen next Chapter...

AND THEN YOU QUIT POSTING IT!.
Shush you. He's forgotten about it for Thousand Shinji and The Open Door, and I don't want him backsliding. Given the ability of The Open Door to incorporate the 40k fics (excepting Promethium in Paradise), I'm not overly concerned about 'em. The others I haven't read.

Frankly, I can see the Misfits joining New Chaos. It seems to be more their style. *cough*
Kill one man, you're a murderer. Kill a million, a king. Kill them all, a god. - Anonymous
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

Let's put it this way: the fact that I finished Thousand Shinji was a huge deal for me. I really, really, really, really suck at finishing stories, probably because of the way my mind is set up. It's basically a giant churning cauldron that is constantly producing new ideas and due to my engineering brain, my first response is to start dissecting those ideas and fleshing them out, expanding them and making them more logical and internally consistent... even when I'm working on another idea! I think the worst thing is that I often have a huge amount of material that has yet to be written in a large number of my stories, but once I've fleshed it out in my mind it no longer has the same appeal as when it is fresh and new. Thus I get distracted easily. That's why I tend to break things off at the tricky chapters, because my mind stalls at trying to bridge one bit of awesome and another, and as it churns away it comes up with a completely unrelated idea.

And there's so much cool stuff I want to portray in all of those stories! For Tyrant I still remember, over two years later, a planned scene inspired by a massive electrical storm I once saw. For Pietro there was to be a scene where Pietro is faced with a choice to return to his previous life or rush head first towards inevitable doom, plus the revelation of why humans really fucking hate the elves to such a genocidal degree. For Snow, there is still a heartbreaking scene between Notger and Thorgeir waiting to be written, along with the revelation of who and what Snow is.

Grah! It's not like I enjoy leaving stories in the middle, I just... do it. It's not malicious, it just sort of happens.
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

Heh, well, whenever IO abandons a story after a few posts, from now on we can say to him, "don't feel bad, at least you're not Acadamia Nut."

:P

Anyway, I appreciate that you share what you do. Better to have the bits and pieces than nothing at all.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

Chapter Sixty-eight: Parallel Plans

The gods were often overly stereotyped by those that did not understand them, those who did not realize the full subtleties of their personalities. Tzintchi could be surprisingly blunt, Mislaato strangely subdued, Reigle incredibly chipper, and Asukhon shockingly indirect. Oh sure, they were mostly as people saw them, but there were other aspects. Like Asukhon’s current plan.

Starbuck would make a wonderful disciple once she was introduced to the wonders of Chaos, and Ashley would be her vector. So much lovely anger all wound up inside that woman, and combined with so much skill. She would have her. It was inevitable.

Especially once she saw what they were cooking up for their aerospace fighters. Such lovely little things. Multi-role fighter-bombers based off a great deal of Eldar technology, the SF/B-120 “Jackknife” was a strong jack-of-all-trades weapons platform that would be able to cover for their currently abysmal logistics by being able to perform a wide variety of roles.

Of course, in the right hands it found be a formidable machine, especially if the pilot was trained to not think of it as something that obeyed the laws of aerodynamics or gravity in a vacuum far from any large masses.

Oh yes, Asukhon would have Starbuck, she would indeed.

Especially now that she had escalated the situation a touch.

Tzintchi of course took that moment to psychically storm in on her and cry out, “What did you do?”

Inquisitor Bella rolled her eyes in consternation as the relative peace of her studies were interrupted by the arrival of one of her colleagues. For thirty years subjective she had been hunting for clues as to what had happened, working in close proximity to the normally suspicious and private Blood Angels. They did not particularly trust her as an Inquisitor, but they believed that she had been blessed with a vision of their Primarch, so they were willing to get a little closer to her.

She had quickly learned not to pry too hard into their secrets, lest she trigger an ‘unfortunate’ response. Space Marines were prickly and prideful, especially a distinguished and ancient chapter like the Blood Angels.

Fortunately, once she learned not to stick her nose anywhere near where the Blood Angels didn’t want her looking, she managed to use her status as an Inquisitor and the sway of the Astartes to start up a network for tracking down the truly strange things that happened in the galaxy, trying to piece together the nature of what had happened. So far, things had not been going well.

Especially since that had brought Bella into contact with Inquisitor Mosegi.

A more exasperating man did not exist. While possessed of piety and loyalty that had seen him through three trials so far, two of them ending with execution for heresy of the Inquisitors who had charged him in the first place, Mosegi was infuriatingly unorthodox. Everywhere he went, he brought destruction and mayhem; just that such storms of turmoil tended to cause orders of magnitude more damage to the enemies of man than to the Imperium.

The arguments about what faction within the Inquisition he fit into were enough to drive one mad without having to actually meet the blasted man in person. The Purist factions all insisted he was a Radical, while the Radicals bickered over just what kind of Radical. And then he would wipe out a group of corrupt Radicals who looked like they would have common goals with him, only to turn about and expose a Puritan cell for heresy and treason, causing a new round of squabbling over what his goals and affiliations were. Of course, after meeting him just once the bickering of others about his affiliations was like a breath of fresh air after a year trapped on an ork infested space hulk though.

For one, the man was far too glib for an Inquisitor, often making light of the fact that he had more bionics than many senior members of the Adeptus Mechanicus due to his proclivity to get involved right in the middle of the battles and get injured do things that had caused him to be proclaimed a saint on one world. It hadn’t stuck due to the fact that he burned the men who had done it at the stake for unrelated heresies, but still…

Rumours abounded and had no doubt been fiercely blown out of proportion, but apparently a Tyranid hive fleet had once taken a hard right turn after discovering he was in their path. He always downplayed the achievements, although he had once claimed that he had managed to terrify the genestealers on a space hulk by stalking, hunting, and killing them one by one. He was probably exaggerating, but he also claimed that Necron gauss flayers ‘stung a bit’.

Then there were his compatriots. He had ties to the Raven Guard, the White Scars, Iron Hands, and the Salamanders, to which he probably had about a dozen or so bullshit stories attached. Somehow he also had a frakking convent of Adepta Sororitas attached to him, their sanctuary part of the warship he used as his personal transport. There were only about fifty sisters-in-arms, but come on! Despite these associations, he also towed around with him regiments composed of criminals, mutants, and abhumans. There were even rumours that he engaged in special selective breeding programs to stabilize the genomes of certain mutant lines to bring them up to the level of abhumans.

This brought up the final point that Bella found most infuriating about the bastard. She was sure that at least 1% of his associates were descended from him in some fashion, but prying into the sex life of a fellow Inquisitor without good cause was a sure-fire way to get shot by said Inquisitor while everyone else turned a blind eye, but…

Rumours of a member of His Imperial Majesty’s Inquisition getting a hundred Adepta Sororitas pregnant should not stand!

Then the doors to Bella’s office open and she felt a sudden migraine approach.

“Ah, Inquisitor Bella de Lancourt, how lovely to see you. How long has it been for you since we last meet? The tides of the Warp have not been so kind to me if I should make a guess,” Mosegi replied with a grin and a swagger to his step as he entered, an elderly yet still quite dangerous associate flanking him and looking a touch nervous at having surrendered her firearms to Bella’s guards.

Rubbing her temple, Bella said, “It has been twelve years since I last saw you Inquisitor.” She hoped that perhaps the extra emphasis on the world Inquisitor would attract the attention of the Emperor and remind him what a fool Mosegi was and perhaps impart some sense and dignity on the shameless man. Greater miracles had happened before.

Like the Ascension.

Raising an eyebrow, Mosegi said, “Has it been that long for you? Ah, perhaps I am merely feeling the age in my joints more now that I possess fewer of the originals… or their first or second replacements. But risking life and limb is merely something we must do in service of the Emperor, and I glad give my flesh unto Him.”

His aide rolled her eyes, and while Bella despised the elevated scum woman for her association with Mosegi, she pitied her more greatly for her association with Mosegi. The woman had apparently been trailing behind Mosegi for the greater part of two centuries, sure proof that the Emperor worked in strange and often cruel ways, and that the human spirit could endure anything.

A sudden impulse of morbid curiosity caused Bella to ask before she thought better of it, “What did you lose this time?”

“I honestly lose track myself. Riva, what was I in intensive care for most recently?” Mosegi asked his aide.

“Skin grafts and the replacement of your eyes with your forth set of bionics due to being hit with an orbital lance strike,” Riva filled in with a bored tone.

Bella felt a stab of pain through her head and she suddenly had the desire to charge the Eye of Terror. “An orbital lance strike? Seriously now!”

Snapping his metal fingers, Mosegi said, “Right! Now I remember why I didn’t remember. Yes, I was forced to call down an orbital bombardment on my own position due to being swarmed by foul denizens of Chaos. I obviously wasn’t hit by the beam directly, but the atmospheric effects had a rather adverse affect on my health. Fortunately the Emperor protects and I survived while the enemies of man did not.”

Rubbing her temples to try and banish the headache settling in on her skull, Bella asked, “Why are you here again?”

“Ah yes, to the matter at hand. You see, a few months back, for me in any case, I stumbled across something most unusual while liberating the deep space naval dock Port Tempestus. It and the ships and berth had been seized in a heretical uprising and handed over to the Ruinous Powers, but I lead a rapid response team in there before they could consolidate their hold on nearly half a sector’s fleet elements. My work was somewhat aided by the fact that the filthy xenos Eldar launched a simultaneous attack on the facility and got more tangled up with the forces of Chaos than with my own troops, although I vaguely suspect that they may have been trying to kill me in particular, as ever since that incident with that Eldrad creature those aliens really seem to hate me,” Mosegi mused for a moment.

Cutting him off before he could elaborate on one of his long and exaggerated tales of how he had pissed off an enemy of the Imperium or lost a piece of his body in an improbably huge explosion, Bella asked irately, “And what exactly made you come to me after?”

Suddenly turning deadly serious, Mosegi pulled out a data slate and passed it to Bella, saying, “This.”

Looking over the slate, Bella frowned almost immediately. There was a pict on the front that showed something that should not have been. There was a man who was quite clearly both a servant of the Blood God and a sorcerer, a contradiction that not even the wide variety of Chaos allowed.

“We called him a ‘Blood Magus’, it was the only thing that fit. His powers seemed to revolve around making his foes’ blood boil or transform into cutting whips or blades. There were stranger things though. For one, that sorcerer was attached to a separate force of Chaos. Not so strange for Chaos and their internecine fighting, but we don’t know where they came from. We suspect some form of teleport assault, but we’re not quite sure how. But it was their behaviour and technology that really caught us off guard. Bella, these monsters were good at what they did, atypically so. I saw berserkers take cover and use suppressive and covering fire. Not that they needed it much, but they demonstrated considerable discipline and other traits. Turn on the video part of the file and you’ll see why I came to you,” Mosegi explained.

Bella thumbed on the file, and her eyes soon grew wide with fear. It was a recording from a helmet camera and it showed a squad of Chaos soldiers, clearly aligned with the Blood God, attacking a well defended position with skill and discipline, leapfrogging between cover and making good use of grenades to keep the heads of their enemies down. They were taking ground until an enemy berserker Space Marine showed up. They showed no fear and began to fall back with equal discipline, but they were quickly on a rapid retreat as they were cut apart. Through all of this the man with the camera had been carefully taking pot shots at the more typical Chaos forces, not wanting to draw the attention of the mobile and more dangerous attackers.

Then in a crack of displaced air a new berserker showed up. A displacer field was a bit unusual a piece of technology for such a worshipper of Chaos to have, but not inconceivable. What was inconceivable was a Chaos Space Marine blocking a blow intended for a lowly mortal and then half dragging, half tossing a wounded ally out of danger before focusing upon the enemy.

“Chaos Space Marines don’t do that,” Bella whispered in disbelief.

“By the Emperor, the majority of loyal Astartes don’t do that,” Mosegi pointed out.

Then the fight turned insane as the new marine began to rapidly teleport and weightlessly flip about the more typical example, hacking his foe apart with precise but brutal strikes at weak points before delivering a decapitating strike. Claiming the head as a trophy, as was wont amongst worshippers of the Blood God, he then rallied his allies and assaulted the position.

The recording ended and Bella looked up at Mosegi.

“I most deal with heretics-” Mosegi began.

“And orks,” his aide butted in.

“-and orks,” Mosegi conceded before continuing, “But I had my xenotech seers look over it and they agreed that the warrior you saw was demonstrating abilities comparable to the Eldar Warp Spiders and Harlequins. That was not captured Eldar gear he was wearing, so that would mean it is either made by the Eldar for a Chaos warrior, or…”

“Dark Age tech,” Bella said with a shudder. It was a long running nightmare that Chaos might one day get their hands on the technology that had once allowed man to carve an empire in the stars before the Age of Strife, forcing back the orks and Eldar and other threats before succumbing to the mutant, witch, and daemon.

Mosegi nodded and said, “While filthy xenos witches, Eldar hatred for all things Chaos is perhaps their one redeeming quality, which is why I prefer to kill them last if the option is available to me. The ones attacking the station seemed to think so as well, for they too attacked these new comers… and the newcomers only defended themselves, seemingly loathing killing the Eldar.”

Mosegi then moved in close, his bionic eyes normally indistinguishable from regular human eyes from a distance now burning brightly in the repeatedly ruined sockets that housed them. “The attackers took one thing and one thing only. They stole a cruiser, a Chaos cruiser that had arrived to secure the base and the left none of their dead or wounded behind. They were beasts as befitting the fools that serve Chaos, but they were of the character of a more subtly blasphemous entity. The plots of Chaos are often obtuse and insane, but they follow certain patterns. This was and was not the work of Chaos.

“As what happened to you was and was not the work of Chaos. Why would they only snatch up the souls of Imperial servants and xenos, and only send one agent of their own? I could see a great sacrifice needed to resurrect Horus, but to send the agents of his demise along with him? I have fought heresy and damnation all my life, and neither your story nor mine has the flavour it should. Something is wrong here,” Mosegi hissed.

“This… this is very valuable,” Bella said. “But it brings me little closer to unravelling the true nature of the plots we have discovered.”

Mosegi pursed what was left of his lips for a moment before he said, “I am not a great believer in Divine Providence. I believe the Emperor has greater concerns that to intervene in the life of one man…”

Riva noticeably glanced up and down Mosegi’s ravaged frame and lightly rolled her eyes. While a touch blasphemous, Bella had to agree with the assessment. Mosegi had to lead a blessed life, and so far it didn’t seem likely he had made any pacts with the Dark Gods. Maybe one of the ork deities had become confused in a rather orky manner and was looking out for the psychotic bastard, but that seemed unlikely.

“…but neither do I believe in coincidence. Bouncing around back and forth in the Warp, one of our Astropaths picked up a weak message not intended for our ears. The Space Wolves know something. Something between their Primarch and the Primarch of the Blood Angels. They apparently went out of their way to capture a member of the Eldar alive for unknown purposes relating to a ‘Thirteenth Company’. Chaos, dead and Lost Primarchs, the Eldar… there is a conspiracy here, one with many players unaware of each other, and as an Inquisitor, I intend to unravel it,” Mosegi replied coldly.

Bella nodded and said, “That’s the first sane plan I’ve heard from you in quite a while.”

Mosegi affected an almost juvenile grin and tilt of his head before he replied, “I try.”
pieman3141
Youngling

Post by pieman3141 »

Gott in Himmel, Mosegi's back! Hell yeah!
EarthScorpion
Padawan Learner

Post by EarthScorpion »

barricade
Youngling

Post by barricade »

My god. Its full of win.

Mosegi meeting neoChaos (or, GEoM truly save us all, Lars, Skuld, and Gunnhild) is likely to end up evolving into something along the lines of Chuck Norris Dividing By Zero And Roundhouse Kicking The Results.

Yes, that part of the sentence is capitalized for a reason.
Macross Daedalus Attack: Because nothing says "Frak You" like punching them in the face with an aircraft carrier.
Macross Frontier Version: Unless you use 2 aircraft carriers.

Named after a g/f! Sheesh, stop asking.
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

I'm thinking Lars. I've got the image of the two of them trying to one-up each other with stories of past deeds. The night would involve many renditions of the line 'Wait, you WHAT?'
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Skyfox120
Youngling

Post by Skyfox120 »

heh Mosegi being watched over by the Ork gods Morka nd Gork....

On a more serious note, One must wonder what was on that Chaos warship that was so important Asukhorn decided to risk exposing themselves to the Imperium and Chaos powers (Granted Khorne was porbably the only one who MIGHT have been paying attention to that one fight since it was one ofhis beserk space marines, so she may get away with this)

About the only good thing is that neither the Imperium, eldar, or Ruinious powers will be able to hit Earth and Tzinnitch and co in their home reality thanks to the warding... on the downside Mosegi is now aware that there are new players in the game... and if ANYONE is going to think 'gee maybe the whole event of being possesed and thrown into sunnydale is a scheme to keep everyone occupied and ifghting eachother' its going to be him (After all he is pretty fond of that tactic himself...)
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

I kind of tried to subtly put a bit of a "Chuck Norris fact" in there in the form of "The Tyranids didn't change course because of the Necron dyson sphere, they ran because they heard Mosegi was in town". I've sort of pictured him as sort of intentionally inflating his own reputation just to screw with the minds of others. And while you can't really terrify the Hive Mind, he will insist that the story of him turning the tables on genestealers is absolutely true.

Pictures it now:

A pair of genestealers are prowling the darkened corridors of a space hulk. A pair of glowing red eyes in the darkness watches them. One of the stealers glances over its shoulder but sees nothing.

The other one snarls (translated from Tyranid) "Would you quit that?"

"I'm telling you, there's something there!" The paranoid one insists.

Shaking its head, the other one turns away and says, "Come on, we've got biomass to collect and..."

Turns back to see the first genestealer garrotted with monowire and hanging from the ceiling.

"...well fuck."

But anyway, no, Mosegi will not be on New Chaos' side. He is far too loyal to the Emperor for that. He might be unorthodox, a free thinker, and more than a little insane (if you were to sum up all of the metal in him over his lifetime he would have more bionics in him than many AdMech Magos', its just that he keeps getting shot, burned, or blown up. The Eldar have a 'drive a stake through his heart, cut off his head, burn the body, and then bury the remains at a crossroads in the Webway' due to the fact that not even nuking from orbit has been sure on previous occasions) but his faith and loyalty are unshakeable.