The Open Door (megacrossover)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Jaeger
Youngling

Re: The Open Door (megacrossover)

Post by Jaeger »

Tie up your current story arcs before adding more crossovers.

For example, whatever happened to the +20 million New Syracusian bird-people from the StarTrek-verse? Are they on Earth? Have they converted to the worship of Chaos Undivided? If a human and Syracusian mate, could their hybrid offspring manifest Psyker abilities.
Deadpan29 wrote:This might be overboard, even for this fic, but if the scouts find the movie Transformer universe, I can see them either cutting a deal to help fix the all spark if they get to use it on Scipio, or trying to steal it if the locals manage to fix it. (Remember, Chaos, even neoChaos, isn't nice.)
Rather than stealing the AllSpark or revealing themselves to the Transformers, neoChaos could simply remote-download Sector7’s data on the AllSpark and build a new one back in their home dimension. In the comic book “Reign of Starscream,” which takes place etween the first live-action Transformers movie and its upcoming sequel, Starscream broke into Sector7 and stole all the data on the AllSpark that the humans have been gathering for the last +80 years. He returns to Cyberton and attempts to use the data to build a new AllSpark. The replica didn’t work and was later destroyed by the Autobots to prevent the Decepticons from trying again.

Sparks behave like artificial souls, which the new Chaos gods absorb for power and sustenance; so mass-producing their own Transformers would greatly increase the variety souls for them to feed on, helping the gods learn and grow in new ways.

In the long run, the ability to take on organic beast modes like in “Beast Wars” (NOT “Beast Machines”) would yield the greatest benefits.

1) The Evangelion units, one of the biggest weapons neoChaos has, are biological constructs, so being able to refine cybernetic technology to the next level would grant a wide range of advantages.

2) Rather than being limited to a single species, the entire animal kingdom becomes your followers. Each animal has its strengths and weakness.

3) Sparks can hold all of a Transformers memories and personality, as well as retain records of previous bodies (this includes genetic attributes for those possessing organic beast modes). When a spark “becomes one” with the new Chaos gods, the traits of its animal form is absorbed into their divine essence.
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

I know most Star Trek species can interbreed with just about any other species, but can we please not have bird-people mating with humans? I can understand bumpy-headed aliens having base human DNA and thus able to mix, but a species with a completely different biology is just ludicrous.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
D1398342003
Redshirt

Post by D1398342003 »

I thought it was pretty evident that the Syracusians had been integrated into newChaos along with the rest of the StarTrek species. Besides, that would definatly add at least one arc to the story.

I've actually found the mulitple arc aspect very pleasing. It gives me the feeling that the story isn't confined to the characters that we know about.

If Transformers is added to TOD, it will lead to transforming tanks, then to Bolos, then to EVAs, then to combiners, then to Bolo/EVA Voltron. "Form Torso/Legs/Arms/Head/Blazing Chainsword/Ect" And we all know what that leads to. :banghead:

EDIT: All Star Trek species are capable of interbreeding. ALL OF THEM. They share a common genetic ancestor, who seeded planets with the proper DNA to make them able to breed. I think some species were actually incapable of it, though their DNA was still compatible.

Chaos provides tentacles, increased strength, prehensile genitalia as available mutations. How would 'slightly avian but still human in dim lighting' people be any different?
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

The idea behind having lots of arcs at once is to give a feeling that its a giant multiverse and that something is always happening, that there are many, many players and its not just all the machinations of the gods. Sometimes we'll see what they're up to, sometimes we just see the effects of their policies and decrees, a lot of the time we just see the normal people doing their thing.

It also means that whenever I stall for ideas I can just switch tracks for a while.
I love learning. Teach me. I will listen.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
MichaelAwesome
Youngling

Post by MichaelAwesome »

Yeah, a subgroup of human/Syracusian hybrids seem inevitable. People often fixate on the exotic and neoChaos encourages sexual experimentation, so demi-humans with vestigal feathers in place of hair might become a common sight.

Religiously devoted Syracians might seek out mutation upgrades like fully-functional wings, talons, or peacock-like plumage to better embrace their avian heritage.

"Do you like my orange breasts? I got them colored last week."

The Syracians were semi-industrial society with shamanistic beliefs, so they might make decent archivists, historians, merchants, or teachers until they can fully acclimate to the technological resources of Chaos Undivided.
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

No, the Syracusans were a semi-agricultural species when Chaos found them. It's why Chaos got so pissed at the Federation. The best technology the Syracusans had was bronze working, and most for most the hunter-gatherer lifestyle was still in vogue.

I'm also ruling that for every other law of reality they horribly abuse, without direct Chaos screwiness there is a biological barrier between humans and Syracusans. Star Trek is perhaps the worst offender to biology in all of science fiction, and for everything it else does, at least 40k says, "No interspecies breeding!" for anything not genestealers (who are designed to get around the barriers anyway).
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
barricade
Youngling

Post by barricade »

So no half-vulcan/half-humans, half-betazoid/half-humans, half-klingon/half-humans, etc?
There are certain crossovers you're going to have to deal with within the STverse that are so ingrained that it's going to be all but impossible for you to ignore them. Now if you said that the Syracusans were one of the exceptions to the rule of 'most species can crossbreed', then its 100% fine.

Although now I'm thinking about what might occur if NewChaos were to get their hands on a few of those 'young' Changlings that the Dominion 'seeded' throughout the galaxy, did a little Warp 'magic' on them, and combined them with a modified Cylon Centurion Chassis, where the chassis holds a micro-fusion reactor, sensors, and shields. That and add a bit of the tech from SGC, or B5's Minbari (if they ever get there) that does the molecular compression.

Oh look, its a T-X. Only the 'liquid' part can detach at any time so you're now dealing with two opponents.
Macross Daedalus Attack: Because nothing says "Frak You" like punching them in the face with an aircraft carrier.
Macross Frontier Version: Unless you use 2 aircraft carriers.

Named after a g/f! Sheesh, stop asking.
Valorie
Youngling

Post by Valorie »

barricade wrote:So no half-vulcan/half-humans, half-betazoid/half-humans, half-klingon/half-humans, etc?
There are certain crossovers you're going to have to deal with within the STverse that are so ingrained that it's going to be all but impossible for you to ignore them. Now if you said that the Syracusans were one of the exceptions to the rule of 'most species can crossbreed', then its 100% fine.
When in doubt, say a wizard did it. It worked for Xena and Homer Simpson.

Possible excuse: "Mislaato and Tzintchi used magic to place biological barriers that'll prevent the humans of neoChaos from crossbreeding with other species. Humanity's gene-pool balance must be carefully maintained to perserve (insert explanation techno-babble), as well as allowing other species to evolve on their own path without being dilluted by human traits."
EarthScorpion
Padawan Learner

Post by EarthScorpion »

barricade wrote:So no half-vulcan/half-humans, half-betazoid/half-humans, half-klingon/half-humans, etc?
Alternatively, and tapping into the cosmology, perhaps there is something funny in the Star Trek galaxy that allows things of different gene source of breed (Some kind of Phased Hadron Universal Quantum Unique Energy Resonator (or PHUQUER for short) technobabble) that plays off the Star Trek universal energy levels. Hence, when taken outside of the Star Trek universe, normal biology reasserts itself, and it becomes completely impossible to bear a xenomix to term, and makes even fertilisation impossible in almost all cases.

Yes, I came up with that explanation just for the acronym. Why do you ask? :roll: :wink:
See the Anargo Sector Project, an entire fan-created sector for Warhammer 40k, designed as a setting for Role-Playing Games.

Author of Aeon Natum Engel, an Evangelion/Cthulhutech setting merger fan-fiction.
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

That's basically the explanation I'm going for, and I suppose if I follow it through technically without intervention the humans from Star Trek might be infertile with humans from other universes because the laws of biology are so badly screwed up over there.
barricade
Youngling

Post by barricade »

Academia Nut wrote:That's basically the explanation I'm going for, and I suppose if I follow it through technically without intervention the humans from Star Trek might be infertile with humans from other universes because the laws of biology are so badly screwed up over there.
So in short, if you wanna get laid, and you're from the NewChaos universe (or the Colonials), but don't want to deal with consequences 9 months later - hop over to the STverse?

How come I can actually see this happening, and that a -massive- influx of 'tourists' are going to show up at Risa?
Or that Mislaato is going to have a rather large upsurge in her followers?
Macross Daedalus Attack: Because nothing says "Frak You" like punching them in the face with an aircraft carrier.

Robo Jesus
Padawan Learner

Post by Robo Jesus »

Star Wars has interbreeding between different species like Star Trek as well (though not as wide a number of races as ST), though it goes with the explanation that the various species that can interbreed in the SW-verse were made to be able to do that from the get-go.
Last edited by Robo Jesus on 2009-02-01 08:55pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is sickening... You sound like chapters from a self-help booklet! Prepare yourselves!
D1398342003
Redshirt

Post by D1398342003 »

Actually, there's a very good reason for them to want the humans to remain 100% human: Geneseeds. The geneseeds were developed specifically for humans, and don't work with other species. So widespread crossbreeding would ruin Space Marine numbers.
Jaeger
Youngling

Post by Jaeger »

For the non-human citizens of Chaos Undivided, can they become eligible to receive enhancements? If certain implants and mutations are only meant for humans, then they’d have to be redesigned and tailored for each new race/species to function properly, which would take a decade or two of research and development as they don’t have the excess resources to heavily invest in such R&D.

We’ve seen plenty of people with telekinesis and precognition, but don’t forget that the scientists of neoChaos (like that guy who visited Vita in the hospital for that demonstration) are trying to come up with new implants, mutations, and bodily enhancements. For example, the opposite of pyrokinesis is the manipulation of cold, i.e. slowing down the vibration speed of molecules. Meanwhile, selectively applied specialization in telekinesis could yield hydrokinesis (water control) and chlorokinesis (plant control), both of which would be useful in terra-forming. If any of those abilities manifested in an Eva pilot candidate, they could be augmented a hundred fold while synched in an Eva unit.
ScreenXSurfer
Redshirt

Post by ScreenXSurfer »

There was a half-human half-eldar Ultramarines Librarian in 1st Edition Rogue Trader. 40k is not innocent of this offense.
Setesh
Jedi Master

Post by Setesh »

ScreenXSurfer wrote:There was a half-human half-eldar Ultramarines Librarian in 1st Edition Rogue Trader. 40k is not innocent of this offense.
I have a vague memory of him being retconned into a human-mutation with eldar-like traits.
"Nobody ever inferred from the multiple infirmities of Windows that Bill Gates was infinitely benevolent, omniscient, and able to fix everything. " Argument against god's perfection.

My Snow's art portfolio.
D1398342003
Redshirt

Post by D1398342003 »

Jaeger wrote:For the non-human citizens of Chaos Undivided, can they become eligible to receive enhancements? If certain implants and mutations are only meant for humans, then they’d have to be redesigned and tailored for each new race/species to function properly, which would take a decade or two of research and development as they don’t have the excess resources to heavily invest in such R&D.

We’ve seen plenty of people with telekinesis and precognition, but don’t forget that the scientists of neoChaos (like that guy who visited Vita in the hospital for that demonstration) are trying to come up with new implants, mutations, and bodily enhancements. For example, the opposite of pyrokinesis is the manipulation of cold, i.e. slowing down the vibration speed of molecules. Meanwhile, selectively applied specialization in telekinesis could yield hydrokinesis (water control) and chlorokinesis (plant control), both of which would be useful in terra-forming. If any of those abilities manifested in an Eva pilot candidate, they could be augmented a hundred fold while synched in an Eva unit.
The opposite of pyrokinesis would be cryokinesis.

It's likely that the gods of chaos don't change the cells in a scientific way, altering or adding to the DNA, but they use their power. They 'order' a body to change, so it does.
WillowBee
Youngling

Post by WillowBee »

D1398342003 wrote: The opposite of pyrokinesis would be cryokinesis.

It's likely that the gods of chaos don't change the cells in a scientific way, altering or adding to the DNA, but they use their power. They 'order' a body to change, so it does.
Greater daemon are like gods-in-training, right?

If little Kali ever got her own followers, she’d want to distinguish herself from her parents and could go with a cold/ice/cyrokinesis theme that’d symbolize the inevitable heat death of the universe when entropy finishes reducing all of existence to a cold lifeless void, not too different from Reigle's message of decay and hopelessness but different enough so they wouldn't be mistaken for each other.

Reigle: “My baby girl started her first cult?”
Asukhon: *sniffles in motherly pride* “They grow up so fast.”
Reigle: “It seems like only yesterday that she was ___ (insert parental comments).”

Eternal salvation or double your money back!!!
MichaelAwesome
Youngling

Post by MichaelAwesome »

Whatever happened to Shinji’s mentor, the first daemon prince of neoChaos?
WillowBee wrote:Greater daemon are like gods-in-training, right?

If little Kali ever got her own followers, she’d want to distinguish herself from her parents and could go with a cold/ice/cyrokinesis theme that’d symbolize the inevitable heat death of the universe when entropy finishes reducing all of existence to a cold lifeless void, not too different from Reigle's message of decay and hopelessness but different enough so they wouldn't be mistaken for each other.
Miss Starbuck said that +50 years (local relative time) have passed since the ascension of the gods, so Kali should be around 5-7 years old in terms of human psychological development, a good age to be given a gerbil or goldfish to learn responsibility. Recruitment of followers should be made easier by the fact that it’s possible to be a devotee of more than one god, such as “the Feminine Trinity” or generalist advocates of Chaos Undivided, and there are plenty of ambitious individuals who’d love to be one of the first acolytes of a new god and get all the benefits that comes with such a position.
barricade
Youngling

Post by barricade »

How come I more see Reigle & Askuhon giving Kali a pet Velociraptor (cloned, or brought back via one of the Stiletto's trips), or Great White Shark instead of the more 'common' Gerbel or Goldfish?

holyknight
Youngling
Location: In a dark alley, slaying the Cultists of Wanknfiction

Post by holyknight »

ScreenXSurfer wrote:There was a half-human half-eldar Ultramarines Librarian in 1st Edition Rogue Trader. 40k is not innocent of this offense.
Yeah...however, those are the very few rare exceptions. Depending of the Segmentum where it's an Half Eldar/Human hybrid.....if one of the Black Ships of the Inquisition doesn't picks the kid given its very likely nature as a Psyker, or it's lynched by zealots from the Imperial Cult, or someone of the Ordo Xenos decides to make an more exhaustive study of Eldar/Human hybrids and decides to pick some "specimens" or..........

......Well...you get the idea. :roll: :mrgreen:
A devoted follower of the Chaos Goddess and her way.....

Buck Murdock: Oh, cut the bleeding heart crap, will ya? We've all got our switches, lights, and knobs to deal with, Striker. I mean, down here there are literally hundreds and thousands of blinking, beeping, and flashing lights, blinking and beeping and flashing - they're *flashing* and they're *beeping*. I can't stand it anymore! They're *blinking* and *beeping* and *flashing*! Why doesn't somebody pull the plug!
Morilore
Jedi Master

Post by Morilore »

Whatever happened to Shinji’s mentor, the first daemon prince of neoChaos?
Indeed, I've wanted to see his take on the "kinder and gentler" approach of these new gods. Him and the Keeper of Secrets that got passing mention earlier.

I also have taken to wondering what the Chaos godlings' version of "teenage rebellion" would look like. A child of Tzintchi, convinced that his father is exactly like Gendo and plotting to overthrow him in turn? A scion of Mislaato, impatient with Mother's few moralistic restrictions?

It would be awesome to see real conflict within this society. Something like a cabal of dissidents, convinced that the gods are feckless imitators and devoted to the worship of true Chaos.
"Guys, don't do that"
WillowBee
Youngling

Post by WillowBee »

Morilore wrote:I also have taken to wondering what the Chaos godlings' version of "teenage rebellion" would look like. A child of Tzintchi, convinced that his father is exactly like Gendo and plotting to overthrow him in turn? A scion of Mislaato, impatient with Mother's few moralistic restrictions?
The godling children might seek out Khnemu for advice, or listen to his stories of old Chaos, or just hang out at his house to get away from their parents for a little while, treating him like a surrogate uncle/ big-brother/ godfather figure, “a bad influence, but a good kind of bad influence.” When little kids pretend to run away, they usually go to a friend or close relative for a day or two before returning home with their tails tucked between their legs.

Tzintchi might secretly “allow” his children to listen to Khnemu’s stories of old Chaos as a teaching guide: 1) child gets an idea without fully understanding its full repercussion, 2) child rebels and tries to do things his/her way, 3) child fails miserably, 4) child learns a valuable life lesson that only experience can teach.

Remember, there’s no such thing as failure as long as you learn from your mistakes, even if it means your dad wants to leave you in jail over-night to make sure you don’t drink’n’drive ever again. The best lessons are often the most painful or humiliating ones, as was the case when the Emperor of Mankind made sure Shinji suffered before ascending to godhood.
ScreenXSurfer
Redshirt

Post by ScreenXSurfer »

Sounds like you guys want a Horus Heresy.
Valorie
Youngling

Post by Valorie »

For a revolution, Academia Nut might want to illustrate the differences between citizens, non-citizens, and slave laborers, what their rights are, whatnot. NeoChaos has used prisoners of war as slave labor, as seen when Nurlan of the Star Trek verse was taken captive, so non-citizens must have some rights to elevate them above the status of slaves or indentured servants, but what those are haven’t been defined.

Ashley is 10-12, meaning that while in school she’d have contact with the children of citizens, non-citizens, and slaves, which would give insight into neoChaos’ socio-economic structure.

For non-citizens, are there limitations on where you can live? What you buy? What protections and services are they entitled to? Are they forbidden from traveling without express permission from the state?

Vita and her elite partners have shown that pockets of “non-conformists” still exist: slave trafficking, drug smuggling, rapists, etc., so its possible that there’s some sort of underground movement among the dissatisfied non-citizens.