Star Crossed Fanfic Part 2

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Re: Star Crossed Fanfic Part 2

Post by Chris OFarrell »

I too came into this thread reading to break skulls.

Instead, this is the most GLORIOUS thing to happen in this forum for a VERY long time.

And quite an inspiration for that matter!

Please Stravo, keep it coming, do not stop now!!
fusion
Jedi Knight

Post by fusion »

Holy C***!!! Yay! The great Star Cross lives!
I had to skim over the last few chapters to remember what had happen earlier, but anyways the work is superb as always. :D
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

I've been waiting for this to continue for a very long time, and while I have some criticisms, it is wonderful to think that this epic will not simply be left hanging forever. My biggest concern is that I can't really think of an ending that would live up to the build-up.

A few comments on this chapter:

-Kahn's ploy was smarter than I expected of him at this rather insane point in his life. But then, what would he have ultimately accomplished simply by assassinating Thrawn? In the end, though, I will be very surprised if Thrawn does not see through this little manipulation.

-Nice to see the Klingons finally joining in. I wouldn't have thought they'd succeed in bringing down shields, but if I recall the EU canon correctly, a massed torpedo barrage has worked against an Executor class ship before, and they were using protons, not weak little photon torps.

-The end of the Enterprise boarding action and the assassination attempt came off as a little anti-climactic to me. But then, my expectations were very high.

-A question: where are Vader and Luke in all of this? And what is Leia up to? Ah well, I suppose it will be revealed in due time.
dworkin
Jedi Master

Post by dworkin »

I'll just gibber in awe at Stravo's creation getting up and walking through the door* from over here.

It lives!

*It could of opened it first, mind.
Don't abandon democracy folks, or an alien star-god may replace your ruler. - NecronLord
Rick79
Redshirt

Post by Rick79 »

VERY nice to see you on this story again! Thanks!!!!
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

Woah... New CRACK!!!!!!

God, I'm going to have to reread the whole thread, and probably the previous one just to refamilarise myself with the story Stravo. Please keep giving us more, signed, your devoted readers
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

I wonder if there is a short summary of story. It's a little tiring to reread the entire story from scratch.
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.
Elessar
Padawan Learner

Post by Elessar »

Now this was a pleasant surprise. Keep up the great work Stravo!
DrMckay
Jedi Master

Post by DrMckay »

Read through the whole story and am loving this! fantastic work, man. Can't wait to see where this goes. I am guessing that Thrawn should be able to out-magnificent-bastard KAAAHN!

And I'm really looking forward to the Klingons v. Stormtroopers boarding action. Hopefully they'll remember to shoot first, chop later, but if they have survived this long, I can't imagine them being that stupid.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards."
~Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
AO3 Link | FFN Link