Star Crossed Fanfic

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

You know, I feel rather giddy, this is my first post for a REAL updated of STARCROSSED since I finished reading the FanFic. Stravo, Tip my hat at thee, well done.

I have to say some things seemed, a bit rushed. But perhaps that can be expected. After so long without an update, I’m sure the poor Author could feel the Angry Masses literally beating at the walls demanding more. I know I was :)

I read through the instalment twice, and the first thing I noticed was Luke, well, he seemed too nice. Now now, I know hes Luke, hes SUPPOSED to be nice. But the whole point about him, is that he was supposed to have become the embodiment of the Force, both light AND Dark sides. When I first saw Luke in combate with the forces of DarkStar, I liked it, I could still see the cold, calculated mind of Nemesis, but tempered now with purity and wisdom.

I expected Luke to become both good AND Evil, to use both just as he uses both the Light and Dark sides of the force.. Seeing him talk to Kitt, he seemed a little, ‘too’ good. But, that is just the musings of one person, All things being equal, I liked it, oh yes.

Kudos for brining back the Binars, best concept in all of ST-NG and they used them I think in ONE Episode… Such a Waste.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

Anyone else wondering over the fact that Mara Jade is conspiciously absent here?
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:I expected Luke to become both good AND Evil, to use both just as he uses both the Light and Dark sides of the force.. Seeing him talk to Kitt, he seemed a little, ‘too’ good. But, that is just the musings of one person, All things being equal, I liked it, oh yes.
I would have given MY LEFT NUT, to have Nemesis re-emerge and strangle the fuck out of that bitch Lwaxana Troi during that scene....

"You're a telepath, right? Guess what I'm thinking now bitch!"

Err.

Stravo, kill her, please. Just, even a little? A little bit dead? Pretty please?
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Chris OFarrell wrote:Anyone else wondering over the fact that Mara Jade is conspiciously absent here?
Oh, that's going to resolved real soon. Mara has Luke by the balls, Luke knows it and is trying to avoid the inevitable. Mara is not what you would call maternal or domestic. :twisted:

And Crown, I realize I am in a distinct minority when it comes to this statement but I happen to like the character of Lwaxana Troi. Sure she was annoying in a lot of episodes but she always brought a smile to my face. And I happen to enjoy the chemistry between her and Kittaine so no mindfucks. That doesn't mean she's going to get through this story unscathed though. No one gets out of this one in the same state they came in I assure you.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Stravo wrote:
Chris OFarrell wrote: And Crown, I realize I am in a distinct minority when it comes to this statement but I happen to like the character of Lwaxana Troi.
Further proof that New Yorkers are crazy fuckers. :P
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Excellent as always, the first section really made my day, almost sent shivers down the spine to see rebellion and empire merging together under a single banner. Now you think about it, it's all about merging, the borg, the opening premise, the dark side and light side of the force, and presumably, some sort of concordant type thing between the jellico attitude to star fleet and kirk's attitude to starfleet. Oooh, it's like english literature all over again. :D
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Not enough combat. But I loved the description of Luke's demonstration of his powers.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

Perhaps its time for a summery of where we are?

The Federation Remenent has been blooded, but they aint out. They have had time to regroup, repair and bring new ships online. Thanks to the Allience, they have acceptable proton torpedo stockpiles equiped on a majority of their ships, which will help level the playing field. And you KNOW Jellico will be thrown out as soon as Kirk gets back...or will he? We also have Section 31 still running around. THe Shadowfleet was destroyed true, but they are far too much of a cell based organisation to get killed that way. Unless I missed it, that plot to assasinate Nemesis on Romulas is still underway. We also have the Trilithium starkiller weapon sitting in the background...

The Imperium now has to come to terms with Luke Skywalker over Nemesis...no small thing. Even if he CAN win them over, where will he then stand? He isn't Darth Nemesis...but he is also not the Luke Skywalker that takes off in the EU. Will he even feal guilt over what he has done to the AQ? Or care? He is crying over what happened to Ochoa, yet tells Kirk that there is no gurantee of peace between them?

Thrawn was preparing to attack Andor. His plan required Vaders help to bypass the Andor defence lines. Now Vader has run around behind his back and possibly given the game away. We also have Kahn making his move for power, possiby having anticipated Thrawn for once. How long can he sit still now that Vader has pushed the Imperium into war with the Imperials? Beyond that, he has Ochoa and Han Solo as cards to use against Luke...

The Borg are back, now apparently with real and dynamic leadership. And despite their losses, their infastructure wasn't really crippled...will they rise like a phoneix from death? This time using their huge technology base in *gasp* inteligent ways?

And finaly, the Emperor is running around the Galaxy, taking out the lesser 'Gods' with his Death Star...which is *dramatic pause* Fully Armed and Operational! Maul is now running around on his behalf doing who knows what. If and when he links up with Thrawn, who knows. Funny enough, Luke has the one weapon capable of taking out a Death Star in the Emperors Will's superlaser...

In short, we have the mother of all crunches comming up sooner or later....more please :D
Mlenk
Jedi Knight

Post by Mlenk »

Yah, Stravo really has his work cut out for him. I don't know how in hell you're gonna wrap up everything you've written about in this story, but if there's anyone here that's most qualified to try, you're certainly the guy. :)
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

[Newscaster] And don't forget Chris, Maul's also gonna try to ice Vader, making for one extremely combustible situation! Man, I've seen federation captains making out with dark Jedi (Conquest), I've seen Jaffa make out with Asgrad (that sicko SG-1 fic), but in my years of reporting, I have never seen the likes of this! Back to you, Chris.[/newscaster]

OMFGROTFLMAO!!!111
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:[Newscaster] And don't forget Chris, Maul's also gonna try to ice Vader, making for one extremely combustible situation! Man, I've seen federation captains making out with dark Jedi (Conquest), I've seen Jaffa make out with Asgrad (that sicko SG-1 fic), but in my years of reporting, I have never seen the likes of this! Back to you, Chris.[/newscaster]

OMFGROTFLMAO!!!111
Jaffa making out with Asgard? WTF?
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

There was this fic with Teal'c stripping in front of Thor...yeah...ugh...
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Perseid
Padawan Learner

Post by Perseid »

just got up to date with this fanfic and omg is it good

stravo you are a god among writers
Last edited by Perseid on 2005-04-26 08:58am, edited 1 time in total.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Oh Curse you for getting our hopes up, do you know many people mointer this Thread?

Ok everyone, false Alarm, you can all go home.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Mr CorSec wrote:just got up to date with this fanfic and omg is it good

stavro u r a god amoung writers
Just a word to the wise, Grammar and spelling are your friends. TxT speak is not.

And crossroads just think what your extra post has done to al those poor people. Never mind anyone wiyth two brain cells to rub together moniters to cleaned version.
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Bump from bottom of page 2 because I say so.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

great, you got my hopes up again...
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

Ender wrote:Bump from bottom of page 2 because I say so.
NOT COOL Ender!
Robert Walper
Dishonest Resident Borg Fan-Whore

Post by Robert Walper »

Chris OFarrell wrote:
Ender wrote:Bump from bottom of page 2 because I say so.
NOT COOL Ender!
I second that notion. I spent hours reading the entire thing, grateful the next chapter was on the next page for so long. Now I'm stuck waiting and being tormented like the rest of you. :cry:
Trytostaydead
Sith Marauder

Post by Trytostaydead »

Before we all get through condemning Ender to the vilest hell we could think of, does anyone know where Stravo went?
Perseid
Padawan Learner

Post by Perseid »

i believe he's busy working on his latest fic, Shadows in Light, aparently his cure for writers block
starfury
Jedi Master

Post by starfury »

Me want nemesis back, I liked that cold calculating nemesis, Luke was just way to goody-two shoes for my taste.
"a single death is a tragedy, a million deaths are a statistic"-Joseph Stalin

"No plan survives contact with the enemy"-Helmuth Von Moltke

"Women prefer stories about one person dying slowly. Men prefer stories of many people dying quickly."-Niles from Frasier.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Ask and ye shall receive...over a month later. :P

Enjoy the latest chapter as we gear up for The Battle of Andor.

Chapter 85: Triumph of the Will

The assembled Imperial and Romulan officers watched Luke riveted at attention. The Imperial officer corps fanned away from Luke in order of importance and rank in the Imperium. Grand Admiral Kittaine sat closest to his right, the seat directly to his left was empty. This was Mara Jade’s place in the rank structure. She was the Dark Lady.

Newly ascended Admiral Tarsi sat with hands folded neatly in front of him, his uniform immaculately pressed. The other captains of the triumvirate knew that this was a uniform Tarsi had struggled for and hoped to wear some time in his career. Tarsi lacked the family connections and requisite wealth to be considered for the Admiralty without a sterling record to back him up.

Even with the combat experience and his service under Lord Vader and Lord Nemesis it was doubtful that Tarsi would have seen the Admiralty anywhere within the next 10 -15 years. Now he was one of the youngest Admirals in Imperial history.

He was loving every moment of it but he would not allow the others to see it. However he did make a show of inspecting his rank insignia as Captain Branna walked past to take his seat opposite Grand Admiral Kittaine.

“Perhaps you may see these in your lifetime, eh Branna?” Tarsi asked casually as the officers began settling in.

Branna managed a weak smile.

“Congratulations are in order I see. Still, one has to wonder how you earned those when your sole standing order since Vulcan has been to bring James Kirk in dead or alive.” Branna replied tightly.

“What?” Tarsi snapped.

“Well, its not like he was on Darkstar’s planet when you arrived…but wait…” Branna smiled coolly at Tarsi. “He was wasn’t he?”

“Why you little ---” Tarsi began to get out of his seat when a calming hand suddenly draped over his shoulder.

“The uniform suits you, Admiral.” Belladonna smiled serenely down at him.

Tarsi smiled sheepishly.

“Why thank you Captain Belladonna. Its good to see you. This seat is empty.” He pulled out the seat next to him just as Captain Vash started to sit, without skipping a beat he cleared his throat and stepped over to the following seat.

“You’ll need to move down.”

“But-“

“You ARE going to move down.” Vash repeated icily. “The triumvirate sits together.”

“But she’s not—”

“Perhaps you didn’t hear the man.” Captain Nozcar of the Bellicose leaned over and whispered darkly. The sullen young captain gave up his seta without further argument and soon a domino effect began along the table as captains displaced commanders and so on to make room.

Vash and Tarsi nodded to Nozcar. The dark skinned human smiled. He was the junior member of the triumvirate taking the place of Captain Jan Herr who was slain on Vulcan along with all hands on the Executioner. The rest of the triumvirate had held him at arm’s length because they did not really know him and his last tour of duty had been on the Coruscant defensive fleet. Many whispered he was a plant of the Emperor’s but his service so far to Nemesis had been impeccable and now he was reaching out to his fellow triumvirate captains.

They were beginning to respond.

Belladonna smiled as she noted the ripple effect along the entire length of the table caused by Tarsi’s simple offer. She slid into the offered seat.

“You’re as subtle as a turbolaser my dear Admiral but you certainly know how to make a woman feel welcome.”

“Not just any woman sweet Illith.” Tarsi winked.

She self consciously brushed her hair as she sat back so that the long ebony hair fell over the left side of her face, covering the scarring that resulted from the Battle of Sector 001. She had nearly lost an eye in a jet of plasma and molten metal caused by the near destruction of the bridge by a suicide run of the starship Enterprise in the Federation fleet’s desperate escape.

Tarsi calmly reached over and brushed her back revealing her entire face including her eye. She would have lost it if not for the tender ministrations of Doctor Julian Bashir and the Holographic EMH. Newly cloned the eye was still tender and the colors had not fully come into their own, and the eye socket around it was scarred and paler than the rest of her flesh.

“You’re more beautiful than any other woman in this room. Don’t ever forget that.” Tarsi stated firmly.

Belladonna glanced curiously up and down that table.

“I do believe I am one of the only women in this room.” She replied playfully.

“You bitch.” Tarsi chuckled.

She gently squeezed his hand on the table.

Kittaine watched his officers and then slowly turned his attention to the Romulans who were all quietly seated, not a word was spoken between them and they were all attentive and rigid. He could respect that about their culture. But he would never give up the playful banter of his fleet commanders for this rigid discipline. He likened it as always to his extended family. Childless these were now his children and he adored each of them for their various strengths and skills. Tarsi was his oldest son, dashing, reckless but always loyal and strong. Branna was the unfortunate middle child, trying desperately to please everyone but always a clam voice of reason when things got out of hand. Many wondered why Kittaine picked him for Captain of the Emperor’s Will instead of someone like Tarsi and the answer was simple. Branna was the only one that would quietly tell Kittaine that a certain road he was taking may not be so prudent.

Belladonna was the princess of his family, despite her aggressive nature and iron will the others immediately looked to protect her and put her on a pedestal. She hated the attitude but even Kittaine sometimes found himself struggling to not to look at her as his only daughter. She was a strong right hand for him when the triumvirate was guarding his left.

The triumvirate were his foundation and he relied on them for any mission that absolutely required success and he knew that if it ever came down to it each of them would willingly lay his life and command down to protect the fleet.

He could not ask for a better family if he had raised them himself.

Many of the younger commanders if they knew his thoughts would remind him that in many ways he had raised them.

The Romulans however were not as playful or approachable. At first he had mistaken it for anger and resentment at their conquest but as time went on he realized it was simply their nature. They were more like their Vulcan cousins than they would like to be reminded.

The third wing of the triangular shaped table was drawing the most attention as that delegation began taking their seats. Starfleet officers and Federation politicians were filing in and quietly sitting at their places.

Several were instantly familiar to the Romulans such as Admiral Ross. Ross looked tired as he watched the assembly for a moment.

“Some of these men have wanted to kill me a few years ago.” He mused.

“The Federation is counting on you, Admiral.” Togray whispered to him. The Tellarite had been the prime negotiator of the Federation surrender months ago. Now he was the de facto head of the Federation Provisional Government.

Ross nodded absently.

“Of course sir. I will not disappoint.” He replied quietly.

“Are well here?” Kittaine asked.

The room instantly fell silent.

“Good.” Kittaine nodded to Luke. “We are ready my lord.”

Luke slowly rose from his seat. He looked over the assembly with a critical eye. The massive table was triangular in shape, each side of equal length. On one side sat the Imperium officers and men of Luke’s fleet, on the next side sat the Romulan and lesser provincial officers and politicians and finally the last side was reserved for the Federation and Starfleet. Luke noted the quiet defiance on some of the Starfleet Officer’s faces while others simply looked weary.

“I have called this assembly to announce a new policy within the Imperium that will take effect immediately.” Luke began sternly. “Starting from this moment on we will no longer use the terms Provincial, Provisional or Occupied to refer to anyone sitting at this table. The Romulan Star Empire and the United Federation of Planets will now be considered equal members of the Imperium.”

There was a surprised murmur from the Imperium side of the table while the Romulans all nodded, some lost their steely composure and the shock was clearly evident on their faces. The Federation side simply sat in stunned silence.

“We can no longer afford to divide ourselves along such simple lines any longer. Grand Admiral Thrawn’s Imperial Forces are united as never before in their determination to destroy us. As some of you may already know in my recovery from Orion Space Admiral Tarsi was forced to confront and engage the stardestroyer Devastator. There can be no doubt that at this point we are now officially at war with Empire.”

More murmurs now from the audience. Luke let it pass. If he bulled his way past their concerns and worries then it would only build up and make his final revelation all the more difficult.

“As such we must also be united in our opposition to this new enemy. Like a phantom menace they have haunted our every moment since arriving in this galaxy and we cannot turn away now that the dagger is pointed at our heart. In recognition of this new change in the balance of power in this quadrant I have decided to integrate all the various factions of our proud Imperium into one. Together we can overcome any obstacle and defeat any foe.”

“Does this include James Kirk?”

The question hung in the air and all eyes immediately focused on the other end of the table. Tarsi grimaced and motioned for a stormtrooper to head down to the Federation end of the triangle.

“What the hell are you doing?!” Togray hissed one hand clutching Admiral Ross’s shoulder. Ross nodded.

“I’m doing what you told me to do.”

“I didn’t tell you to bring down the wrath of Lord Nemesis on the Federation. Do you realize how hard I’ve worked to keep this government stable and working, what it took to make sure we didn’t become slaves to the Romulans or the Imperium. I demanded respect.”

“And I’m demanding to know just how equal this partnership really is.” Ross turned his head and spoke with his eyes locked onto the Tellarite’s. “Or do you seriously expect the new Starfleet to fire on Kirk and his Remnant Forces?”

Togray blanched.

“They’ll have your head and mine I might add on a spit the moment you issue that order to our ships.”

“Your question is a valid one, Admiral Ross.” Luke replied. “You have anticipated my next announcement. Due to actions taken during my recovery from Orion Space and a recognition of a unity of interest in our upcoming war with the forces of Grand Admiral Thrawn as of this moment we have a cease fire in effect with the Federation Remnant.”

Instead of an increase in mutters or cries of outrage there was a thunderous silence. Several sharp intakes of breath but stony silence followed for several heartbeats.

“What?” Tarsi asked quietly breaking the stunned quiet.

Kittaine looked over at Tarsi.

“Did you have problems hearing that Admiral?” he asked.

Luke placed a restraining hand on Kittaine’s shoulder but his eyes were on the newly minted Admiral.

“If you have something to say to me spit it our, Tarsi.”

Tarsi began to open his mouth.

“But have a care, Admiral. I am may be uniting the disparate factions within our Imperium and giving them an equal voice but never forget whose driving will is the final word in this assembly.”

Tarsi paused cautiously gauging the reactions of the others around him.

“A ceasefire Lord Nemesis? You vowed to destroy those federation scum and drive them into the stars, Kirk especially. I lost many friends – we’ve lost many friends in our war with Kirk and his remnant. They tried to devour Romulus and they killed the crew of the Executioner with all hands.”

“Wasn’t your mandate to find and kill him?” Luke asked pointedly.

“and I tell you now that I will take my ship and hunt him down and bring him back here broken and in chains. Give me the word and I shall leave now but do not disgrace us with a ceasefire!”

“Are you demanding?” Luke dropped his voice and octave and the air suddenly became electric.

Tarsi stiffened as he expected his throat to constrict slowly and effortlessly. Tarsi would not claw at his throat like so many before him had done. He would not die like a child clutching for any purchase before falling into the abyss below.

Instead he felt nothing, merely Luke’s intense gaze and the intent interest of his fellow officers.

“I am asking you as our emperor to not forget the men we’ve lost.” Tarsi continued.

“They are always on my mind. Tell me Tarsi, since you have become quite the romantic and humanitarian is there any sense in continuing a war of two fronts especially against an enemy like the Federation that can hurt us and fade away into the shadows. Tell me, from the standpoint of your strategic and tactical expertise, how do I save more lives? Fighting Grand Admiral Thrawn while worrying about guerilla attacks within my supply lines and in the rear areas or securing my flank as I prosecute the war on a common foe, perhaps even using the federation as an added tool in that war?” Luke leaned forward hands splayed open on the table.

Tarsi glanced down at the table for a moment gathering his thoughts.

“Anyone but Kirk, my lord. I cannot stomach the thought of letting that bastard escape our retribution.” Tarsi finished tightly.

“Enough. I have made my decision and we will abide by it. We have a war to fight. Thrawn is our enemy. He has the power to put an end to all that we built here. Kirk only has the ability to be a constant thorn in our side, nothing more. I will face and defeat the gravest threat to the Imperium, Kirk is an extravagant distraction at this point and we cannot afford to be distracted is that clear?”

“Yes my lord.” Tarsi replied quietly.

Luke took a deep breath and cleared his mind of doubts. He could feel them around him. Their thoughts and emotions pulsing around him like heartbeats. The heartbeats were a symphony of sound and light and he stood at the center like a composer.

How easy it would be to simply reach out and ‘adjust’ them to his liking. Prune away the doubts and fears, roll back the suspicion, increase the anger, round out the self interest. Mold them into his perfect followers.

You did this didn’t you Palpatine you old bastard? You molded and sculpted your perfect little Empire until everyone was a puppet dancing on your strings. All those people driven by your singular will. How intoxicating it must have been. The exhilaration. The exultation of success. A triumph of the will itself.

Luke could be this and so much more. With his new found powers he could be more than Palpatine, more than any of the Sith pretenders, both light and dark served him now and the dark was opening that very simple possibility. It whispered to him like a scorned lover trying to get him to share her bed again of promises of power beyond imagination.

But Luke Skywalker was no longer a thrall to the shadow. Darth Nemesis had served his purpose and now Luke Skywalker had come into his own. He did not serve the Dark. In his serenity he saw the offer for what it was. Madness. He viewed the will of his followers and he knew that there was only one way to do what needed to done. To fulfill his destiny and cement the Imperium he created he needed to be honest and trust in the loyalty of his followers. Otherwise he was merely Palpatine with a different agenda.

“And now that we are here together it is the hour to finally reveal the last change that we must undertake. In conjunction with our declaration of sovereignty from the Galactic Empire and the establishment of the First Imperium I declare myself Imperator.”

There was thunderous applause from the Imperial side of the table, several cheers and accompanying this cacophony of sound was a general wave of relief.

It had finally been done. There was no longer a coy game of sly rewording or phrases. They were no longer using the term Imperial and Imperium interchangeably. But most vital of all, Lord Nemesis had finally declared what everyone else knew. He had ascended to his throne and there was nothing else to be said, no more secretive fears of Sith plotting and double crosses.

They had their own Emperor now and all was well in their world.

Kittaine nodded and smiled at his officers, several of whom were enthusiastically pumping their fists in the air or banging on the table in enthusiastic support and celebration. He understood what they wanted and what this announcement meant to all of them.

They had come into their own now. They were finally out from beneath the long shadows cast all the way from Coruscant.

But there was one more announcement to be made and one last risk to take. Luke glanced over at Kittaine who nodded. No matter what happened, he would have the Grand Admiral’s support. But Kittaine did not think it would be necessary. He knew his people. They were his family. They would not betray him or Luke Skywalker. Kittaine paused. Luke Skywalker. It seemed almost foreign in his thought to refer to young Force User as anything but Lord Darth Nemesis.

But if this galaxy had proven anything it was that there was no certainty in anything.

Luke cleared his throat.

“Imperator Luke Skywalker.”

The room’s applause died down quickly and several Imperial officers exchanged puzzled glances while the Romulans seemed as impassive as ever but Kittaine could see the twitches around the mouths and eyes. The Federation on the other hand was quietly smiling. They had heard of the Sith Lord’s old name. Kirk and his remnant’s propaganda machine made certain that everyone knew that Darth Nemesis was once like them, a freedom lover. But the dark evil nature of the Empire had twisted him into the killer he was during the war. A cautionary tale that was meant to counter the arguments from those that wished the Federation to lay down arms and accept the inevitable. After all was Nemesis and his Imperium offering to merely change the flag that fluttered overhead and not their way of life. What could be so wrong with that?

Kirk and his Remnant pointed to Darth Nemesis as all that could be wrong with that mindset. If a rebel and hero against oppression could be turned into this mass murderer then what would it do to all of them, to the Federation and her ideals.

And now here he stood proclaiming to all the galaxy that Luke Skywalker had returned.

Luke looked out all along the large triangular table and said nothing letting his revelation sink in. He could feel the clash of emotions in particular among his most loyal men and women. There were even sparks of outrage, some of fear but all were bundled with confusion and apprehension. The question hung in all their thoughts.

What did this all mean?

“Just as we have rejected the Political machinations and entanglements of the Empire, just as we have let go of all our last loyalties to an entity that no longer heard us, just as we have built a new beginning in this galaxy upon the ashes of our old one I now proclaim that I reject the teachings of the Sith. The lies and oppression of the Sith will not taint this new Imperium as it has done to the old Empire. We are new here, we each have a new beginning a clean slate so to speak and I too step willingly into this new Age as Luke Skywalker.”

“Jedi Knight?” Someone asked from the Imperial side with a pointed edge in the voice.

Luke shook his head.

“As your Imperator and defender of the Realm. Those who wish to do harm to the least of you is doing harm to me, those that seek to take your lives also seek to take mine, those that will rob us of our worlds and space that we bled for will are also seeking to steal from me. We stand together and we will fall or rise together. That is my pledge to you on this day. I ask you for your loyalty and fealty in return. I ask for you to stand by my side and together we will crush Grand Admiral Thrawn and the Emperor’s desire for vengeance upon those he abandoned here.”

Tarsi stood up from his seat. The rest of the triumvirate watched him intently. How Tarsi went they would go, Kittaine knew that.

“You ask this of us?”

“Yes I do.” Luke replied without hesitation.

“I could leave in the Adjudicator, take the triumvirate with me and carve out a nice Empire out in the Delta quadrant. Leave you to your fate here. You would not stop me?”

“No.”

Tarsi looked furtively down at the others seated around him.

“Why not? Is there no strength in Luke Skywalker?” The question was the one Luke had known was coming. Darth Nemesis had been so good at ruling through fear that these poor souls mistook it for strength.

“I don’t need you. There is more than enough strength in that statement Admiral.” Luke replied coolly. Many on the Imperial side of the table muttered softly, some shifting uncomfortably. “If you leave it makes no difference to me, I do not need to make you see my side of things Tarsi. I always imagined you would be smart enough to see that divided we would fall to Thrawn and his minions. But if you wish to leave despite this fact why should I pollute my high command with lunacy such as yours.”

Tarsi’s lips twitched.

“However I am confident in my own strength and position that I do not need to choke the life out of any of you to gain your trust and respect. Decide you must on how best you serve yourself and your friends. You can remain here with us and stand against Thrawn or in your stubborn pride and arrogance you can leave and be cut down after the rest of us make our stand together because make no mistake about this. If you leave this family now, if you walk away from all we have built once I defeat Thrawn I will make sure that whatever petty fiefdoms you’ve managed to scratch together fall in a single day. Are we clear?” Luke pressed frostily, hands resting on the podium but his eyes were like ice.

Tarsi said nothing and the entire assembly watched him.

Kittaine could feel Laxwanna seated beside him tensing. She might be scanning his intent but Luke’s presence seemed to cow her in regard to indiscriminate use of her powers of telepathy.

He placed a firm hand on hers and gave it a gentle reassuring squeeze without looking at her. The tension in her melted slightly and she returned the squeeze adding an inviting sweep of her fingers along his palm. It was Kittaine’s turn to hide his discomfort as his cheeks reddened slightly.

The tense seconds were broken from an unlikely source. Captain Belladonna rose from her seta with polite grace and dignity and strode past the assembled officers approaching Luke. The stormtroopers at the head of the table crossed their weapons in front of her but Luke made a barely perceptible nod of his head and they parted without hesitation. The two Jem’Hedar flanking Luke where he stood tensed slightly but did nothing else. They were like statues.

Kittaine admired their discipline.

Captain Belladonna bowed her head as she approached Luke and knelt down before him, she took his hand and kissed it. Luke said nothing as he watched her. She was a hard woman but dangerously beautiful even with her injuries.

“The Relentless and her crew pledge themselves to you Imperator Skywalker. Now as always we will stand between you and whatever harm is meant to fall upon you.” Belladonna rose and quickly stepped in behind Luke and watched Tarsi carefully.

He stared at her for a moment as if searching for an answer to why she had left his side but he knew why.

There really was no other choice.

Whether the young man called himself Darth Nemesis or Luke Skywalker he was their only hope to survive the coming storm.

“Will you be strong enough to win?” Tarsi asked tightly.

Luke locked eyes with the young Admiral.

“There is only one way for you to find out Admiral Tarsi. The same chance you took when you followed me into the unknown I now offer you to defend what we built here. You and the triumvirate can be the Guardians of our future and prosperity.” Luke paused for a beat. “Or you can abandon all that you fought for because you don’t like the name Skywalker, because you mistook rule by fear and terror as strength. I offer you strength of confidence that whatever comes we will stand together. And I remind you of what you reminded me.” Luke leaned forward slightly. “You asked me not to forget the men we lost. I am wondering if you will do the same.”

Tarsi stood silent for a moment and looked down at his fellow captains. Vash whispered only loud enough for Tarsi and Nozcar to hear.

“We’re with you Tarsi no matter what you decide but bear in mind what he just said.”

“And our little sister stands with him.” Nozcar added quietly.

Tarsi looked back up at Luke.

Tarsi was renown for making snap decisions and sticking to them. He was like a Rancor on the rampage when he finally decided on a course of action. The last time he made a decision it led to this very war that was upon them.

He stepped away from the table and approached Luke. The stormtroopers let him pass as Luke once again nodded to them. The Jem’Hedar were not as unmoved this time. Both of them inched in closer to Luke and eyes Tarsi with unconcealed suspicion.

Tarsi bowed his head to Luke and went down on one knee.

“The Adjudicator and the triumvirate stand with you Lord Skywalker. We are with you until the end.” Tarsi said loudly for all to hear.

“Then together we will stand, rise Admiral Tarsi.” Luke replied.

Kittaine smiled like a proud father as he watched his officer corps begin to relax, many nodding to each other and speaking in hushed whispers.

Kittaine rose from his seat and adjusted his new white uniform. Laxwanna covertly plucked some lint off the shoulders as she rose with him. Kittaine spared her a mock annoyed glare before clearing his throat to speak.

“In acknowledgement of our new status and celebration of the ascension of the First Imperator we have renamed the Emperor’s Will to the Imperator’s Will. All your commands should be receiving the new IFF data reflecting this change.”

Many of the Imperial officers cheered or applauded. The Romulans politely applauded.

Luke smiled and clapped Kittaine on the shoulder. He drew the Grand Admiral in close to him in an embrace and Luke whispered to him.

“Everything changed today Kittaine, and I will never forget that you were the first to stand by me.”

Kittaine smiled at the younger man.

“I will never forget that you were the first to stand by us my lord. You never stopped believing in us or what we could accomplish here.” Kittaine drew back from the embrace and smile at Luke Skywalker, finally comfortable with the idea of who he was now and the name.

“For what it is worth Lord Skywalker, you’ve made a believer out of me.”

Luke nodded warmly. He then turned to the rest of the table and watched the Romulans and Federation for a moment.

“And what say you citizens of Romulus and Remus?”

“We have always been loyal to the Lord of the Imperium and whether he chooses to call himself Nemesis or Luke Skywalker it matters not to us. We stand ready to be commanded.”

Luke’s smile broadened and waved Admiral T’Vor over to him. The Romulan hesitantly rose from his place and walked over to the new Imperator.

“Admiral T’Vor, you have proven your loyalty beyond any doubts. Your stewardship of Operation Phoenix has flooded the Imperium with new Stormtrooper divisions and your defense of the homeworld has been stellar. It is time you be awarded.” Luke nodded to Kittaine who ceremoniously handed the Romulan a green silk sash with the symbol of the Imperium, a variation of the Imperial standard with rays of light emanating from all points in bold red and blue.

“You are now Grand Admiral of all Romulan forces within the Imperium. Your word on Romulus is law and your command will stretch out to any corner of space where your brave soldiers and ships stand with ours.”

T’Vor numbly placed the sash around his torso and glanced back at the young man.

“I do not know what to say.”

“There is nothing to say, Grand Admiral. You’ve done commendable and tireless work for the Imperium and such loyalty is rewarded. I want you on my right when the battle comes.”

T’Vor snapped a sharp salute. Luke returned it.

His attention now fell on the Federation side of the table.

“And what does the Federation Protectorate say?”

Admiral Ross looked from Luke to the rest of the delegation. His expression was neutral.

“Now is our chance.” Togray hissed into Ross’ ear as he gripped the human’s bicep. “We can try to ask for more concessions for cooperation.”

“Or we can break away, correct?” Ross suggested quietly, face still neutral and voice calm.

Togray’s eyes lit up with the possibilities. He could see the masses cheering him for bringing freedom to the Federation where Kirk could not.

“Yesss…” Togray muttered with barely concealed glee.

“If we were bold we could be free now.” Ross murmured seductively.

“Free without blood being shed. It is the Federation ideal, no Admiral?” Togray replied with a sly grin.

Ross frowned.

“Our time for freedom and peace is passed, Togray. It’s up to Kirk now if we are truly going to be free. For now, we stand by Skywalker.”

“What?!” Togray bristled in outrage.

Ross nodded his head towards the watching assembly and the calm Luke Skywalker.

“You’ve just watched a triumph of his will against those that could have opposed him. We’re the least of the powers assembled here. The heart and soul of our finest officers and ships are fighting with Kirk. Point in fact we are the remnant, we are the shadow of what is left and what Kirk is fighting for. I’m not about to lead us down a path that will leave us further isolated and alone. We stand with him until Kirk can make us free.”

“And if he does not?!” Togray hissed dangerously.

Ross smiled softly feeling a weight lifting off his shoulders.

“Either way we’re still what we are and my hope is that if we do not win this war by force of arms I still have faith that Federation ideals will touch that young man’s heart and change him for the better. The Federation is more than just a collection of ships, troops and planets, Togray. It is an ideal and the ideal has not been extinguished. Our ships and worlds may be conquered but what makes us better people cannot be conquered. We will win this eventually one way or the other. I choose to accept the inevitable here and hope for the best.”

“This is a coup.” Togray spat.

“No First Minister. This is a new beginning.” Ross replied and rose from his seat.

“The Federation stands with Luke Skywalker.” He announced. The Tellarite slumped in his seat and slapped a cup away in disgust.

Luke nodded and waved Admiral Ross to join him. Ross could see the sash in Kittaine’s hands as he approached and he knew what waited for him. As the sash was placed around his torso he thought of Kirk and all that he suffered and valiantly struggled against and hoped the man would find it in his heart to forgive him.

Ross could not find it in his heart to forgive himself despite his brave words to the Tellarite First Minister.

Luke held up his hands and the room instantly fell silent.

“And now I give you the first order as new Imperator.” Luke turned to regard Kittaine. “Grand Admiral, prepare the fleet for battle. Set your course for the Andor system.”

“Of course my lord.” Kittaine bowed his head.

“Grand Admiral T’Vor, rally the ships of the Romulan fleet, I will need you on my right at Andor.”

“With pleasure.”

“Grand Admiral Ross, every ship of the Federation must be mobilized, I want you on my left at Andor.”

“Right away.”

Luke looked at his assembled officers and men.

“We fight at Andor for the future of this Imperium and this galaxy. May the Force be with us.”
Last edited by Stravo on 2005-06-07 01:44pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Very nicely done Stravo...thank you for posting you lazy git :P
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

excellent chapter as always Stravo.

By any chance is the Battle Of Andor chapter complete? or do we have to wait anouther two months? :P :D
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0