Creastionism part of star destroyer

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Straha
Lord of the Spam

Creastionism part of star destroyer

Post by Straha »

Mr. Wong I do realize you have been very busy recentley. I just want to know why you haven't updated the anti-creationist pat of your site in so long.

Thanks.
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

I think its simply becasue he's proven everything he could

Unless Mr Wong wants to do some Osama work and go have fun detailing Violence in the Koran :D

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

The Creationism movement has been somewhat quiet lately. I bet though as soon as some state/province board of education does something stupid, Mr. Wong will be the first to rightfully jump on them.

I also bet that the above mentioned board will be from my home state, the late great Louisiana.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

-notes one of the last times (several months ago) he went to church, they said seven days could mean seven ages, so the biblical could match the science-

I prefer not to mix science with religion. they just confuse each other.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

Well, if we're going to teach Creationism in schools, why not teach the kids that it rains when God cries, or it thunders when God goes bowling?
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
LMSx
Jedi Knight

Post by LMSx »

Since Mike lives in Toronto, I think he skipped the entire 9th Circuit Pledge debate. But he couldn't update much on the PoA page until the full Court ruling.
Stuart Mackey
Drunken Kiwi Editor of the ASVS Press

Post by Stuart Mackey »

Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi wrote:Well, if we're going to teach Creationism in schools, why not teach the kids that it rains when God cries, or it thunders when God goes bowling?
Errr, I hate to ask ..but what happens when god takes a leak..or worse. a dump?
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Stuart Mackey wrote: Errr, I hate to ask ..but what happens when god takes a leak..or worse. a dump?
Noam Chomsky, Barbara Boxer, and Dianne Feinstein happen.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

Stuart Mackey wrote: Errr, I hate to ask ..but what happens when god takes a leak..or worse. a dump?
pResident Shrub.

Idi Amin.

Bill Gates.

Adolph Hitler.

Osama bin Laden.

Wahibi Islam.

Christian fundamentalism.

Etc. Etc. Etc.
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

course, that's assuming god has a physical prescence. . . or is massively huge. if you want godlike stature, you might as well say the galaxies of stars are his laughter.
This day is Fantastic!
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

Actually, when God pees, it's acid rain. Pretty soon, the fundamentalists would have to compromise on that, since they're not sure what rain is. And about God crying, there would have to be a reason for him to cry. I'm sure religious fundamentalists are one of those reasons.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

I have yet to met such a hard core fundamentalist that they believe rain is god's tears. . . I thought we gave that up after the dark ages.
This day is Fantastic!
DOOMer WoW