OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

starfury
Jedi Master

Post by starfury »

I need some help in creating a avatar, I not really skilled at computers so can anybody tell me how to do it.
"a single death is a tragedy, a million deaths are a statistic"-Joseph Stalin

"No plan survives contact with the enemy"-Helmuth Von Moltke

"Women prefer stories about one person dying slowly. Men prefer stories of many people dying quickly."-Niles from Frasier.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

I got mine off a website, then converted it into grayscale and reduced the image size in PhotoShop (the grayscale didn't hurt because the original color image was of a black and silver object). I'm pretty sure you don't need a full-power photo editor to do the same thing, I just happen to be somewhat familiar with the program. The real trick is finding a good image that's either small to begin with or can be shrunk without looking like crap.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Yes

Get Paint-shop Pro
http://www.jasc.com/
Go to Trial Software and Get Paint-shop

Now find a picture you like

Then slap it into Paintshop convert it to .jgp(Open the file save as .jpg where it ask you to save it as what type, Open up THAT picture and squish it down to 60x60)
My currant Avatar for example was an 800x700 BMP but through JPG converison and squishing it I met both the size and demension limit

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
starfury
Jedi Master

thanks

Post by starfury »

But once I have downloaded the picture and shrunk it, How do I put into my profile as I can't seem to find the avatar box there.

maybe someone can list the steps, It will be a while before I have the secure internet connection I need to accomplish anything.

"Women prefer stories about one person dying slowly. Men prefer stories of many people dying quickly."-Niles from Frasier.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Go to my profile

Scoll down to the bottom(custom avatars) hit browse next to the upload one from my machine making sure the one you pick is smaller than 80x80 a jpeg and less than 6k's in size(To prevent you from sneaking in a huge Animated Move at 80x80 :D)

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
starfury
Jedi Master

Post by starfury »

Thanks mr. beam, I finally got that picture of the Tie/in as my avatar.
damm once school starts this fall I will have to download pro paint shop all over again.

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Two things
1. Go the Warze root and just download Kaazaa(File sharing program, head to www.kaazaa.com or search through www.cnet.com download sections for it)

Type in *Paint shop under the Kaazaa search feature and it will remove that timer letting you use the program forever

2. Alternativly just keep ticking your calanader back a few days as although it says 30 day try-out its realy 45 before it stops working.

Not saying you should just giving you options :twisted: