Where is Darth Wong?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Lord Baal
Padawan Learner
Location: Segmentun Solar, Sol system, Terra, America, South America, Venezuela, Lara, Barquisimeto, my office

Where is Darth Wong?

Post by Lord Baal »

Hello, I have been out of the forums for a lot of time, and well, I will cut to the cheese. Where is he? I hope he is still alive, I see he hasn't connected to the forums in almost 2 years and I don't know if he has a facebook or twitter account or any other place to reach him.

I need to ask for his permission to translate, slightly edit* and post his essay on Marx on several places (crediting him of course). This would mostly be at private environments but still, it feels wrong to do it without asking first in case it goes out of hand or whatever (highly unlikely).

*basically replace the North American references for ones that anyone anywhere could get better.

Beyond that, I'm kind of worried for him. I hope he is okay.
[signature]Insert cliche or funny statement here. [/signature]
Jub
Sith Marauder

Re: Where is Darth Wong?

Post by Jub »

He's very active on facebook but doesn't have much interest in this forum from what I understand.
Lord Baal
Padawan Learner
Location: Segmentun Solar, Sol system, Terra, America, South America, Venezuela, Lara, Barquisimeto, my office

Post by Lord Baal »

Don't have his facebook.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Locate the SDN group on Facebook and he's on the member list there, IIRC. 'Members of Stardestroyer.net' I believe.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Dalton is reasonably active here so you could always PM him to pass something like that along, as it's in the vein of an official request.

I have no idea if he even checks this anymore but IIRC it's something real basic like mike-at-star-destroyer-dot-net - again assuming he checks that email anymore.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Lord Baal
Padawan Learner

Post by Lord Baal »

I have mailed him there, about two or three times in the lapse of the last 5 years or so, never got an answer so my guess is he just dont check that email anymore.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Lord Baal wrote: 2020-11-15 07:14am Hello, I have been out of the forums for a lot of time, and well, I will cut to the cheese. Where is he? I hope he is still alive, I see he hasn't connected to the forums in almost 2 years and I don't know if he has a facebook or twitter account or any other place to reach him.

I need to ask for his permission to translate, slightly edit* and post his essay on Marx on several places (crediting him of course). This would mostly be at private environments but still, it feels wrong to do it without asking first in case it goes out of hand or whatever (highly unlikely).

*basically replace the North American references for ones that anyone anywhere could get better.

Beyond that, I'm kind of worried for him. I hope he is okay.
Mike is fine, just busy like the rest of us. I am in regular contact with him.

I'll pass along this request.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Lord Baal
Padawan Learner

Post by Lord Baal »

Thank you Dalton, I already spoke with him and he agreed. The translation was done and as I predicted it did not spread like a wild fire. Thanks for your replies.
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Usually in face book jail. But he's out now... for now.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Yeah, he should pick and judge his fights more carefully against US rightwingers.
'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor