Grandmother just died

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Grandmother just died

Post by Darth Yan »

So it finally happened. My last grandparent died at about noon. She was 98 years old and by all accounts it was peaceful (she ordered lunch and when they went to give it to her she was dead.)

I feel like the last link to my childhood is gone
darth_timon
Padawan Learner

Re: Grandmother just died

Post by darth_timon »

Very sorry for your loss.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I'm sorry to hear that, mang.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Very sorry for your loss but 98 is a pretty good run and at least it appears to have been peaceful.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

My condolence, remember well your time with them.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

I know how it feels. My condolences.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/ind
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/tra
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

My condolences. I'm glad that at the end it was quick and peaceful.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

I'm sorry for your loss.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

I'm so sorry for your loss.
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

My sympathies for your loss. Nothing we can say will fill the void.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

My condolences.
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
Avrjoe
Redshirt

Post by Avrjoe »

I have lost all my grandparents and one step grandfather. My Mothers Mothers, the last to die, was the hardest. She helped me when I was in a very bad place. I recall a thought that came to me when I looked at her face for the last time that might be comforting.

I saw her life in my mind as being like a stone tossed in a pond all the things she did for me and other people were ripples traveling out. That she wasn't truly gone from this world so long as the lives she touched kept going on. That if my own ripples traveled out and helped others the way she helped me and then someone I helped did the same she never would be.

I hope that brings you some comfort. I wish you well in overcoming this loss.
I used to be Median but life has made me Mean.
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Sorry for your loss, Yan.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

I'm sorry. Remember the good times when you can, and know that you were a significant part of her life.