Trump the Anti-Christ? A better fit than even I thought.

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Trump the Anti-Christ? A better fit than even I thought.

Post by Majin Gojira »

Wasn't sure this News and Politics, SLM, or not, so I'm putting it here to be safe. Mods, feel free to move it as you see fit.

For a while now, partly as a joke, I've been saying that Trump is the best Anti-Christ figure we've had yet. The Maga Hats as "The Mark fo the Beast" was a real clincher in my mind.

But then I found this article. and WHOO Boy, did I underestimate the lineup.

The author admits that "predictions and prophecies can be like horoscopes: they can appear to apply to anyone" and some points are a bit of a stretch IMO, but it's still amazing how well he fits as an Anti-Christ figure.

The irony of it all is staggering.

And a little creepy.

Mostly because, since Revelations was talking about Nero and Rome, Trump lining up with one of the most reviled Roman Emperors does not bode well.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Re: Trump the Anti-Christ? A better fit than even I thought.

Post by mr friendly guy »

Wasn't the Anti Christ supposed to unite all people's of the world eventually? Doesn't seem like Trump, he can't even get on well with Canada.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

mr friendly guy wrote: 2020-02-12 03:34am Wasn't the Anti Christ supposed to unite all people's of the world eventually? Doesn't seem like Trump, he can't even get on well with Canada.
True.

The World's Shittiest Mob Boss is also the World's Shittiest Anti-Christ.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Well.... he could unite the world in loathing him.....
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Funnily enough, after an argument with Mom, was just thinking this SAME THING, and how pissed she'd be when I point it out.

Time to Share this to her FB page :twisted:
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Broomstick wrote: 2020-02-12 05:47am Well.... he could unite the world in loathing him.....
Well from what I've read he's not even capable of doing that, some people seem to actually like him, I dunno why but...
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Lord Revan wrote: 2020-02-13 11:25am
Broomstick wrote: 2020-02-12 05:47am Well.... he could unite the world in loathing him.....
Well from what I've read he's not even capable of doing that, some people seem to actually like him, I dunno why but...
Because a human's sense of fairness is mitigated by it being more acutely aware of losing things than gaining them.

Best I got, sorry.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran