Hello Again

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Jub
Sith Marauder

Hello Again

Post by Jub »

It's been a while since I was last around having taken a lengthy break after a (well deserved) Dalton imposed vacation from the board. I've been lurking here for a week or two now and figured if I was going to login to lurk I may as well say hello. I'm not sure how active I'll be this time around but the board makes for something to read on long slow shifts at my new job so I might drop a comment every now and again.

So yeah, if anybody missed me I've returned.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Re: Hello Again

Post by Imperial Overlord »

As someone who just came back, welcome back.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

Imperial Overlord wrote: 2020-02-04 02:32amAs someone who just came back, welcome back.
This place is like a dysfunctional family's reunion, you want to be a part of it but sometimes you need to duck out back and get some time away from the mass of people who've increasingly started to annoy you.
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

Despite the time we may have butted heads, I am glad that you're back and hope that you're better now. Good to see that you're getting back on your feet with the new job.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

mr friendly guy wrote: 2020-02-05 08:52amDespite the time we may have butted heads, I am glad that you're back and hope that you're better now. Good to see that you're getting back on your feet with the new job.
Honestly, I feel so much better with a job that actually suits me. It could still wear me down as the newness of it all wears off but there's more here to enjoy than I had with past jobs so *crosses fingers*.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Welcome back. Good to hear things have improved.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

Broomstick wrote: 2020-02-05 03:40pm Welcome back. Good to hear things have improved.
Hey Broomstick, I hope life has improved on your end as well.
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

Jub wrote: 2020-02-04 02:50am This place is like a dysfunctional family's reunion, you want to be a part of it but sometimes you need to duck out back and get some time away from the mass of people who've increasingly started to annoy you.
Kudos to you for putting into words exactly how I felt about this place, but could never quite find the right words to describe. There are a number of people here who drive me utterly insane yet I am also utterly fond of.

Anyway, welcome back!