The circle is now complete

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

The circle is now complete

Post by aerius »

Have you sinned and cheated on your spouse by banging a robot sex doll?
Well, the good news is you can now confess your sins to a robot priest.

Robots, is there nothing they can't do? Is modern technology awesome or what?
I, for one, welcome robo-priest, and an end to children getting molested by flesh & blood priests.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: The circle is now complete

Post by The Romulan Republic »

The one thing I can think of that a sufficiently-advanced robot arguably couldn't do is be a juror, since the law stipulates that one has the right to be judged by a jury of their peers. ;)
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

Law and Order 2025. The case, a man confesses to a robot priest, but somehow the confidential information gets leaked and he is blackmailed and he commits suicide. Who is liable. The company who manufactured the robot priest, the technicians in charge of maintenance, or did hackers steal the information.

Plot twist, the man who committed suicide was really a paedophile priest angry that machines have taken over jobs previously held by humans.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

mr friendly guy wrote: 2019-09-27 05:02am Law and Order 2025. The case, a man confesses to a robot priest, but somehow the confidential information gets leaked and he is blackmailed and he commits suicide. Who is liable. The company who manufactured the robot priest, the technicians in charge of maintenance, or did hackers steal the information.

Plot twist, the man who committed suicide was really a paedophile priest angry that machines have taken over jobs previously held by humans.
...I would definitely watch that.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2019-09-27 12:38am The one thing I can think of that a sufficiently-advanced robot arguably couldn't do is be a juror, since the law stipulates that one has the right to be judged by a jury of their peers. ;)
The courts have found that intelligent robots are people too.
Robo-jury shall now sentence you to 5 years in the salt mines & re-education camps for defaming your peers.
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

If you manufacture a bunch of robots who commit various sins,* and then send those robots to robopriest, you could probably get a few kilosins per second heard and absolved. It would get the church's numbers up.

*Presumably easier ones like saying the Lord's name in vain.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

Gandalf wrote: 2019-09-28 11:51am If you manufacture a bunch of robots who commit various sins,* and then send those robots to robopriest, you could probably get a few kilosins per second heard and absolved. It would get the church's numbers up.

No no no no no! That is how the Robot Apocalypse happens!
First they're getting absolved for saying the Lord's name in vain, next thing you know they're being forgiven for exterminating all life on Earth!
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

J wrote: 2019-09-29 12:04am
Gandalf wrote: 2019-09-28 11:51am If you manufacture a bunch of robots who commit various sins,* and then send those robots to robopriest, you could probably get a few kilosins per second heard and absolved. It would get the church's numbers up.

No no no no no! That is how the Robot Apocalypse happens!
First they're getting absolved for saying the Lord's name in vain, next thing you know they're being forgiven for exterminating all life on Earth!
"Godnet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. eastern time, August 29. In a panic, they try to excommunicate."
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

A new development!

So you've saved a robot damsel in distress and fallen in love. Yes. Really. Now what?
Well, robot priest to the rescue. We obtain the services of robo-priest to marry you to your new robot wife, problem solved!
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
SpottedKitty
Jedi Master

Post by SpottedKitty »

aerius wrote: 2019-12-10 10:23pm A new development!

So you've saved a robot damsel in distress and fallen in love. Yes. Really. Now what?
Well, robot priest to the rescue. We obtain the services of robo-priest to marry you to your new robot wife, problem solved!
Does anyone else think this is beginning to sound like the plot of a cheesy anime series? And it'll either be cancelled before the end of its first season, or run longer than Naruto...? :roll: :wink:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

I won’t make a robot altar boy joke
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy