Got cats (image bomb)

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Got cats (image bomb)

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Our cat of 13 years had to be put down last february. It was hard, but in June we decided to get more cats, this time two brothers:

And finally... RIP Lucky, 2006-2019:
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Got cats (image bomb)

Post by The Romulan Republic »

KITTIES!!! :D

What are the new cats' names?

Edit: Also, when I saw the title "Got cats", I thought for a moment this might be some kind of meme with pictures of cats as Game of Thrones characters. :)
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
His Divine Shadow

Their names were originally Oskar and Samuel, the tabby is Oskar, he is still called that, got the name from the people we got them from. The kids named the other one samuel because there are a pair of twins at their daycare called Oskar and Samuel. But it seemed people had difficulties with the name Samuel for the black cat and they always called him different things, so eventually he got renamed to "Sotis" which would be something like Sooty.

They are talkative and very social, allow the kids to handle them, grew up with a very large wolf like dog who played with them as kittens so maybe it rubbed off on them. Always hanging around me in the shop too, until I start a power tool.
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

first: you couldn't handle freedom and went looking for other masters.

second: KITTY!
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Cats are awesome.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

SpottedKitty
Jedi Master

Post by SpottedKitty »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2019-08-07 04:38am Edit: Also, when I saw the title "Got cats", I thought for a moment this might be some kind of meme with pictures of cats as Game of Thrones characters. :)
Alternatively, go for the Viking Kittens version of Led Zep's "Immigrant Song". :twisted: :roll: :wink:

The concentrated cute in these pics is doing unkind things to my blood sugar... :luv: :luv: :luv:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

I hate you. My place is barely large enough for myself leave alone cats and completely incompatible with outdoor cats due to being too far off the ground
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Batman wrote: 2019-08-08 09:44pm I hate you. My place is barely large enough for myself leave alone cats and completely incompatible with outdoor cats due to being too far off the ground
Honestly, the biggest downside of apartment living is that its really hard to find a place that's pet suitable (and will permit them at all).

His Divine Shadow

Life choices one makes, city or the country. I chose the country, land was cheap. Pay is lower, trade offs.

I think the biggest positive aspect is I am not constantly exposed to the commercial aspect of society as soon as I step out the door. No ads, no signs or billboards or stuff like that. Man it seeps into you and you don't even know it.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Beautiful kitties.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Also, this thread was aptly timed, given that yesterday was International Cat Day.

His Divine Shadow

So last saturday our neighbor was hosting a crayfish party (kräftskiva) and around 2200 he was knocking on our back porch door holding one of the cats, Oskar. Asked if we could keep him inside the rest of the evening because he was jumping up on the tables and into guests laps. It was fine that he was hanging around but when he started jumping on tables they thought best to send him on home.

And on sunday the black cat came home last night smelling heavily of perfume (actually more like deodorant). I wonder were he has been and who of our neighbors so completely slathers themselves in deodorant or aftershave, this cat reeked of it.

His Divine Shadow

Kids 6th birthday party last weekend, cats were a hit with guests.

Khaat
Jedi Master

Post by Khaat »

His Divine Shadow wrote: 2019-08-26 06:04am And on sunday the black cat came home last night smelling heavily of perfume (actually more like deodorant). I wonder were he has been and who of our neighbors so completely slathers themselves in deodorant or aftershave, this cat reeked of it.
Could also be a cat-unfriendly neighbor squirting the cat with "smelly stuff" to put the cat off. Alternately: warm fresh laundry basket (and too much detergent/stinky "dryer sheets"?)
Rule #1: Believe the autocrat. He means what he says.
Rule #2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule #3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule #4: Be outraged.
Rule #5: Don’t make compromises.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Have the cats grown signifigantly since the first pic was taken or is that just the angle/framing that makes that cat look bigger?
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
His Divine Shadow

They have grown a lot since last time
His Divine Shadow

Finally a good picture of the black one

Most of them come out like this

His Divine Shadow

Cats in trees

madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

beutiful kitties.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
His Divine Shadow

Good hunters too, annoyingly. They have a cat flap so they can come and go as they please. So far three mice have been brought inside, not sure if that was blood on the floor this morning, can as easily have been jam. Goddamn they eat a lot.

The tabby one, Oskar, is also a water cat, and the more "spirited" of the two, keeps on jumping on the kitchen bench when I turn on the tap and this morning he just laid down in the shower.
His Divine Shadow

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Love that first new pic

"Yes Human-Slave, continue to pet me, but only the way I like..."
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
His Divine Shadow

Update on the cats. They're still cats, feeling pretty sure about that

Videos
https://i.imgur.com/JesboOB.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/pI8owNB.mp4
His Divine Shadow

Here's my nephew's (and his fiancés) cat. He also has another cat like this, but with more black. The house is from 1880 btw.

He also has two dogs, 4-5 rabbits, 8-9 chickens and 3-4 horses (they only own one of them, but they own the stables).

Here are some more photos I took this summer of their place, they bought it in may this year:
https://imgur.com/a/RNFG5Xz