(Don't read this is your mental health is fragile)

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Re: (Don't read this is your mental health is fragile)

Post by LadyTevar »

Jub wrote: 2021-04-19 12:30pm I'm doing fine these days. COVID hasn't done much to help with my physical or mental health but I've been working the same job for over a year now and money hasn't been a serious stressor even if I'm still mostly paycheque to paycheque. I'm stable and hoping that I'll find some room for advancement as the government aims to stimulate job creation in a post COVID economy.
If it helps, I'm also living paycheck to paycheck, or Unemployment to Unemployment. My area is still economically depressed, I've got my mom starting to show signs of dementia, and I've been stuck in a depressive so long I've seriously been thinking of a week in the psych-ward.

It's not easy living with mental health issues in a time of plague.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Yeah my thoughts got really dark when I was in quarantine (there had been COVID cases in the place I worked so they put all of us to the tests and into 14 days quarantine) and I have friend who lives within a walking distance from me but she could just as well live on the Moon as to how often I've met her during this year.

Thankfully I've gotten things to keep my mind occupied to I haven't regressed too badly with my depression (if at all in the end).
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

Oh, I'm not that bad off in terms of my mental health but I've been really strict about leaving the house for unnecessary things, and the cabin fever and lack of seeing friends in person for months at a time is getting to me at this stage. I'm not that close to getting even my first shot just yet either given how tough it's been for Canada to get vaccines from our supposed partner *nudges the US in the ribs* even though they already have more than enough to go around.
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Jub wrote: 2021-04-25 06:33pm Oh, I'm not that bad off in terms of my mental health but I've been really strict about leaving the house for unnecessary things, and the cabin fever and lack of seeing friends in person for months at a time is getting to me at this stage. I'm not that close to getting even my first shot just yet either given how tough it's been for Canada to get vaccines from our supposed partner *nudges the US in the ribs* even though they already have more than enough to go around.
I know you're being careful, but I would still suggest at least a walk around a park/open space. As long as you wear a mask and social distance, you should be fine. Being coup up is not fun.

I am glad things have turned out for the better. Reading what you wrote, your situation sounds kind of similar to my own.

I never thought I would amount to anything. After I graduated with an engineering degree, I never heard back from any companies. I felt so useless for several years that even after I finally got a job as a security guard, I thought I would screw that up and get fired.

Things are much better since then with a good paying career, but I'm assuming I have situational depression as living with my mom and her eccentricities these past 20 years (since I was a teenager) has finally reached its limit and I hope to fix this situation by moving soon. I've also been overeating to the point that I could barely walk without shin splints and panting. After the company doctor said I need to lose weight or risk being restricted from work, I've taken it as a wake-up call and I've lost 5 pounds so far.

Just gotta keep truckin'.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

Soontir C'boath wrote: 2021-04-26 04:04amI know you're being careful, but I would still suggest at least a walk around a park/open space. As long as you wear a mask and social distance, you should be fine. Being coup up is not fun.
I should, the main thing is that I don't tend to enjoy a walk without either a destination in mind or with friends. I'd love to have a walking/gym buddy but nobody I know is interested and I'm introverted enough not to want to find a new group solo. Once things open up again my plan is a gym membership and a once per week session with a personal trainer to get me moving again.
I am glad things have turned out for the better. Reading what you wrote, your situation sounds kind of similar to my own.

I never thought I would amount to anything. After I graduated with an engineering degree, I never heard back from any companies. I felt so useless for several years that even after I finally got a job as a security guard, I thought I would screw that up and get fired.

Things are much better since then with a good paying career, but I'm assuming I have situational depression as living with my mom and her eccentricities these past 20 years (since I was a teenager) has finally reached its limit and I hope to fix this situation by moving soon. I've also been overeating to the point that I could barely walk without shin splints and panting. After the company doctor said I need to lose weight or risk being restricted from work, I've taken it as a wake-up call and I've lost 5 pounds so far.

Just gotta keep truckin'.
I wish I could afford an education. I want more than anything to get out of entry-level jobs but my credit is poor and there's no way I could work while going to school without getting too burnt out to succeed at either class or work. I hope that maybe in a post-pandemic economy the government will open up retraining funds to stimulate the economy so I can get a step up the ladder. Otherwise, it'll be a tough slog to get anywhere.