OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Re: I got Married!

Post by MKSheppard »

Just noticed this. Congrats.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Holy Necro!

Did you at least say the words before you did it? :D

A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

Congrats!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Congratulations!

May you have many happy decades together
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Well by now they should at least have found out whether this works or not :)
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Lonestar's probably been murdered in his sleep and had his body fed to the alligators already.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

aerius wrote: 2021-02-25 07:15pm Lonestar's probably been murdered in his sleep and had his body fed to the alligators already.
Yeah, that attempt usually happens before the third anniversary, doesn't it?

I bought my wife a second dog and a new house to distract her.....
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

aerius wrote: 2021-02-25 07:15pm Lonestar's probably been murdered in his sleep and had his body fed to the alligators already.
not dead yet!

although we did by a house, ranch style, no HOA, bought a Weber Grill
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

No HOA? Smart man, they're fucking tyrants in HOAs.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

straight up burning the moving boxes in a firepit and no one is stopping me.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Lonestar wrote: 2021-02-27 09:35am straight up burning the moving boxes in a firepit and no one is stopping me.
Have you picked out a classic vintage car to put on blocks in the front, maybe a few decorative old tires? You know the true value of home ownership: :P

Now get out there and paint that house alternating stripes of hot pink and neon yellow, bonus points if it's a brick or stone house.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Ok, yes, MEA CULPA.. I misread the year when I approved the post.

Still, congrats on the new place Lonestar!
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
muse
Jedi Council Member

Post by muse »

Lonestar wrote: 2021-02-27 09:35am straight up burning the moving boxes in a firepit and no one is stopping me.
Why? Why do you do that?? You're polluting the air with CO2 and making global warming worse. You should compost that stuff and add it to your garden (please tell me you have a garden) so your plants grow better, and that makes everyone happy.
ø¤ º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)

I like Celine Dion myself. Her ballads alone....they make me go all teary-eyed and shit.
- Havok
Juubi Karakuchi
Jedi Knight

Post by Juubi Karakuchi »

A belated congratulations. May you live in happiness always.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

muse wrote: 2021-02-28 12:28am
Why? Why do you do that?? You're polluting the air with CO2 and making global warming worse. You should compost that stuff and add it to your garden (please tell me you have a garden) so your plants grow better, and that makes everyone happy.
So, I shouldn't have burnt those 20 cardboard boxes last week?
Because I don't have a garden or a place to compost shit?

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Don't they separate garbage in the US? I don't have a garden either but I'd just have flattened/dismembered them to go into the green garbage bin with the rest of the paper waste to be recycled
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

According to how things are run in the US regarding *green* behavior, I wouldn't think seperate recycling bins are a standard household thing. Heck, given who ran the various departments for the last 4 years, I would need to check if they aren't allowed to dump it in rivers and random ditches, again.
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
muse
Jedi Council Member

Post by muse »

LadyTevar wrote: 2021-03-02 06:57pm
This is why we don't have proper winters in Canada anymore. :(

I like Celine Dion myself. Her ballads alone....they make me go all teary-eyed and shit.
- Havok
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

LaCroix wrote: 2021-03-03 02:57am According to how things are run in the US regarding *green* behavior, I wouldn't think seperate recycling bins are a standard household thing. Heck, given who ran the various departments for the last 4 years, I would need to check if they aren't allowed to dump it in rivers and random ditches, again.
No, it's still against the law to dump shit. Assholes still do it, but it's against the law.
And no, there's no such thing as Recycling in rural WV. There is in Charleston and other large towns, but most "can't afford" the changeover. And, even in Charleston, there's very little bonus for separating Glass from Paper, because there's been no USE for recycled glass.
We have two (2) glass-making companies in the state, plus the Marble King marble factory, but the sheer amount of recyclable glass overwhelmed them. I think they were also being made to PAY for the recycled glass, and knowing how WV Government works, it's probably cheaper to buy raw materials than melt down the recycled stuff.

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

muse wrote: 2021-03-06 06:56pm
LadyTevar wrote: 2021-03-02 06:57pm

This is why we don't have proper winters in Canada anymore. :(
Yeah yeah, you've been sending that shit down to us, or to Texas.

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

was it you or jmac who posted that shitty ass thread several years back about "HOW ABOUT THAT GLOBAL WARMING HUH?" because it was snowing where you were

just trying to build a picture here
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Even as the man with officially no sense of humour I can see muse was not being totally serious there
muse
Jedi Council Member

Post by muse »

Lonestar wrote: 2021-03-08 08:36pmwas it you or jmac who posted that shitty ass thread several years back about "HOW ABOUT THAT GLOBAL WARMING HUH?" because it was snowing where you were

just trying to build a picture here
I vaguely recall making a post somewhere to that effect, but you actually thought it was serious?

- Havok