A question on bath towels

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

How often do you change your bath towels?

After every use
8%
After every other use
5%
Every 3-5 uses
41%
When it starts to smell funny
35%
You're supposed to change them?
11%

Total votes: 37

muse
Jedi Council Member

A question on bath towels

Post by muse »

So I have a friend who doesn't believe in changing his bath towel until it smells pretty funky, I'm not sure what's wrong with him but that's not important. If I had my way I'd have fresh bath towels every day but then I'd have to do an extra load of laundry every week so I have to make a compromise somewhere. So, do you believe in fresh bath towels or are you a weirdo like my friend?
ø¤ º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)

I like Celine Dion myself. Her ballads alone....they make me go all teary-eyed and shit.
- Havok
Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Re: A question on bath towels

Post by Napoleon the Clown »

Until they crumble to dust in my hands.
Sig images are for people who aren't fucking lazy.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

After every use, you disgusting animals.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

After every use unless it's some kind of emergency thing where you need a towel now dammit and the relative cleanliness of said towel isn't important.

Like "oh crud, accidentally spilled corn oil on kitchen floor, need to put down something to stand on that isn't slippery slippery floor." Weird exceptions to rules.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
phred
Jedi Knight

Post by phred »

I have 2 towels that get washed about twice a month. as long as you hang them up somewhere to dry properly there shouldnt be a problem
"Siege warfare, French for spawn camp" WTYP podcast

It's so bad it wraps back around to awesome then back to bad again, then back to halfway between awesome and bad. Like if ed wood directed a godzilla movie - Duckie
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

I don't feel the need to wash my bath towel after 30 seconds of touching my body, which I literally just cleaned. If my bath towel were dirty after that amount of use, I'd look first to my hygiene in the shower to figure out why I'm still dirty after washing myself.
Caiaphas
Padawan Learner

Post by Caiaphas »

Once a week. If I hang it up to dry it doesn't start to smell musty until then.
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

When it smells so bad that the smell transfers to myself. I treat pants the same way. I'm a bit lazy in this department, but I do shower frequently.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Terralthra wrote:I don't feel the need to wash my bath towel after 30 seconds of touching my body, which I literally just cleaned. If my bath towel were dirty after that amount of use, I'd look first to my hygiene in the shower to figure out why I'm still dirty after washing myself.
^ This.

Seriously, folks, I'm using it to dry something I just cleaned. It gets changed once a week.

Now, if I have a guest, said guest gets a clean towel and washcloth.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Towels? Please. Adequate drying is all you really need. All you should be transferring to the towel post-washing is water, soap, and whatever dandruff you didn't wash out of your hair. A week or two of use is perfectly fine as long as you're not ill and you're spreading the towel out full width on a bar or the shower rod to dry.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

A least 4-5 uses, if I can adequately dry the towels. The moment I pick up a towel and I can smell it, into the washing machine.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

It gets washed every couple of weeks. Or if it starts smelling funny.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
muse
Jedi Council Member

Post by muse »

Elheru Aran wrote:Towels? Please. Adequate drying is all you really need. All you should be transferring to the towel post-washing is water, soap, and whatever dandruff you didn't wash out of your hair. A week or two of use is perfectly fine as long as you're not ill and you're spreading the towel out full width on a bar or the shower rod to dry.
Well, the towels are perfectly fine except they don't have that freshly laundered smell & fluffiness after you use them.
I won't lie, I like fresh towels, if I had a bigger washer & dryer I'd change towels every day.
ø¤ º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)

I like Celine Dion myself. Her ballads alone....they make me go all teary-eyed and shit.
- Havok
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

I use 'em till they start smelling weird myself. They go straight on the radiator after every use, I get lots of uses out of them each time.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

On a related topic, I got bored once and tried to ballpark how many towels a massage parlour goes through in a day. I came up with something like 250-300.
They must have a basement filled with laundry machines to keep all those towels fresh & clean.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

aerius wrote:On a related topic, I got bored once and tried to ballpark how many towels a massage parlour goes through in a day. I came up with something like 250-300.
They must have a basement filled with laundry machines to keep all those towels fresh & clean.
Industrial washer dryers can take care of that pretty quickly, though they more likely contract their laundry out to a company that specializes in cleaning corporate laundry.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

My mom made us get a clean washcloth and towel EVERY SINGLE TIME. It was huge load of towels by laundry day. In college, I asked myself why, and started hanging my towel and cloth out to dry. Shower ever other day, wash the towel on my day to have the washer/dryer, and I got by with one towel and one washcloth for the whole year.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
The_Saint
Jedi Knight

Post by The_Saint »

*Whenever the towel gets dirty*

Once a fortnight or thereabouts, in summer the heat is enough to dry you where you stand the towel is just habit so it lasts ages before getting any kind of dirty. In winter when nothing seems dry (like right now) the towel doesn't always dry properly even when hung up so a new one every week.
All people are equal but some people are more equal than others.