New Member Introductions

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Composeure
Youngling

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by Composeure »

Obligatory long time lurker, first time poster.

Username is chosen based on a certain pattern of "attributes" so to speak.

Came here because of being really interested in Wong's site and observations and because I got really fed up with a certain other battleboarding site that will not be named, as well as certain so-called "fans of ""hard-scifi"".
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

WELCOME!
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Composeure
Youngling

Post by Composeure »

Thank you!
Strigoi Grey
Padawan Learner

Post by Strigoi Grey »

Hello, I registered yesterday and accidentally posted one of my stories twice in User Fiction. I was told to email LadyTevar to prove I'm not a spambot, but I can't find her email and I can't compose private messages. I tried, I was told I can't because I'm newly-registered. I'm writing this here because I don't know where else I should.
Last edited by Strigoi Grey on 2023-03-13 04:13pm, edited 2 times in total.
My original stories:viewtopic.php?f=9&t=171108&sid=d8a62d5d ... d23db4c4c8
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=171110&sid=d8a62d5d ... d23db4c4c8
Stories I'm co-writing over on Spacebattles: Halloween Knights;Tales from the Halloween Knights (Anthology) ;Memories from the Halloween Knights (Anthology) ;https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads ... s.1039239/ ;Dragon Slaying for Dummies Apocrypha
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Strigoi Grey wrote: 2023-03-13 04:08pm Hello, I registered yesterday and accidentally posted one of my stories twice in User Fiction. I was told to email LadyTevar to prove I'm not a spambot, but I can't find her email and I can't compose private messages. I tried, I was told I can't because I'm newly-registered. I'm writing this here because I don't know where else I should.
My apologies, I thought it would let you simply Reply to my message.

But you did the right thing by coming here and introducing yourself :) Welcome to the Forum!

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Strigoi Grey
Padawan Learner

Post by Strigoi Grey »

LadyTevar wrote: 2023-03-14 02:07pm
Strigoi Grey wrote: 2023-03-13 04:08pm Hello, I registered yesterday and accidentally posted one of my stories twice in User Fiction. I was told to email LadyTevar to prove I'm not a spambot, but I can't find her email and I can't compose private messages. I tried, I was told I can't because I'm newly-registered. I'm writing this here because I don't know where else I should.

But you did the right thing by coming here and introducing yourself :) Welcome to the Forum!
Thanks for the welcome. Well, I'm happy the misunderstanding was cleared out. I'm going to update my stories now. Though, I guess one of the Scholar's Tale threads should be deleted? Again, I don't know how it happened.
Stories I'm co-writing over on Spacebattles: Halloween Knights;Tales from the Halloween Knights (Anthology) ;Memories from the Halloween Knights (Anthology) ;https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads ... s.1039239/ ;Dragon Slaying for Dummies Apocrypha
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Strigoi Grey wrote: 2023-03-14 02:17pm

Thanks for the welcome. Well, I'm happy the misunderstanding was cleared out. I'm going to update my stories now. Though, I guess one of the Scholar's Tale threads should be deleted? Again, I don't know how it happened.
I never approved them, so they were "in limbo" -- there, but not where anyone but a MOD could reach them.

If you check FanFic, you'll see the three that were still "in limbo" have been approved and are now visible to everyone.

Strigoi Grey
Padawan Learner

Post by Strigoi Grey »

LadyTevar wrote: 2023-03-14 02:23pm

I never approved them, so they were "in limbo" -- there, but not where anyone but a MOD could reach them.

If you check FanFic, you'll see the three that were still "in limbo" have been approved and are now visible to everyone.
Yes, I saw now. Thank you.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Strigoi Grey wrote: 2023-03-14 02:28pm Yes, I saw now. Thank you.
You're welcome!

Don't forget to check out the Discord server. It's very active with people discussing various topics in real-time.

The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Strigoi Grey wrote: 2023-03-14 02:28pm
LadyTevar wrote: 2023-03-14 02:23pm

Yes, I saw now. Thank you.
When Tevar writes in red, she writes as a mod. When the text is normal colored, whatever that is, she writes as herself. Usually, it means "cut the crap, or I'm gonna mod your sorry ass". Think this is about the first time I've seen her write something nice in red. :)
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

The Infidel wrote: 2023-03-15 11:09am When Tevar writes in red, she writes as a mod. When the text is normal colored, whatever that is, she writes as herself. Usually, it means "cut the crap, or I'm gonna mod your sorry ass". Think this is about the first time I've seen her write something nice in red. :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Since I'm probably the only MOD left checking this regularly, I'm trying to be more friendly. :-D

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Tev is not nice in her persona usually because she has to chastise someone for misbehaving. Strigoi from what I can tell did nothing wrong intentionally, tried to contact a Mod when something went south UNintentionally, ran into some unexpected (by either party) problems while trying this, and remained civilized throughout (alien as that may be to us regulars). No NEED to be unfriendly for a change.

Oh, and welcome to the forum, Strigoi Grey. Throws *confettarang*
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Thelastranger
Redshirt

Post by Thelastranger »

Hi there, my name is Khahin I am an Indian Malaysian. I'm also a writer that got his first book published recently Realm Seeker

My screen name is based on the wasteland games the true fallout before Bethesda.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Welcome!

Italian Karsus
Redshirt

Post by Italian Karsus »

Hey, uh. I just dropped in here looking for a member, Solauren. It took me a week to find this place, I suspect, because of the ongoing enshittification. Seriously how's a search engine to miss 10k posts!? I can't send direct messages, had to use the e-mail feature, but I kinda distrust those... Let him know if he turns up and any of you come across the bub, won't ya?

I'm a guy with the Forgotten Realms wiki, going on a long-shot search for stuff we presumed was gone forever. The 2015 WotC backup might be just what I need to comb through to be able to pronounce that junk gone for good on good conscience.

Uh, nice to meet you all!
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Italian Karsus wrote: 2023-07-04 09:59am Hey, uh. I just dropped in here looking for a member, Solauren. It took me a week to find this place, I suspect, because of the ongoing enshittification. Seriously how's a search engine to miss 10k posts!? I can't send direct messages, had to use the e-mail feature, but I kinda distrust those... Let him know if he turns up and any of you come across the bub, won't ya?

I'm a guy with the Forgotten Realms wiki, going on a long-shot search for stuff we presumed was gone forever. The 2015 WotC backup might be just what I need to comb through to be able to pronounce that junk gone for good on good conscience.

Uh, nice to meet you all!
Nice to meet you!
We'll try to poke Solauren for you :)

Italian Karsus
Redshirt

Post by Italian Karsus »

Ne'ermind, the e-mail was working, unlike in too many forums. I appreciate that you meant to help! We're in touch now, thanks for your time!
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Yup, in contact now.

Apparently, finding me is difficult (shrugs).

I feel like Ra Al Ghul now.....
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Zero132132
Redshirt

Post by Zero132132 »

I spent some time here many years ago. For some reason, I find myself missing the days before every community on the internet was one one of like 10 websites, when communities like this one were relatively active. This place is definitely way less active than it used to be. Not sure if there's a point to rejoining, or if I even have a goal. Might honestly just be hitting a bit of depression (I'm bipolar). Would like to look around again, though.

I'm an American programmer (kind of). My formal education was in applied mathematics. Back in the day, this place actually helped me get into applying quantitative reasoning to interesting hypotheticals, if I recall correctly. Interested in seeing what it's like now.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

WELCOME!

basedcnt
Redshirt

Post by basedcnt »

Joined this website to try and find the original Salvation War by Stuart Slade (RIP). Would like to try and find it, if anyone could direct me I'd be very grateful.
MC_Lovecraft
Redshirt

Post by MC_Lovecraft »

Howdy, MC_Lovecraft reporting for duty! I watch lots of movies and review them over on Letterboxd as well as a few other forums. I've been searching for a new 'internet home' since last summer when Reddit decided to consume itself in pursuit of an IPO, and I've always enjoyed popping in here from time to time over the years, so I have decided to join up. Once I find my feet I'll likely start posting my reviews and lurking the News and Politics forums, as is my wont. In the meantime, you can find my letterboxd reviews here: https://letterboxd.com/MC_Lovecraft/

Thanks for having me,
MC_Lovecraft
"Billionaires are not people. They're Dragons. Terrible Smaug monsters who would 100% rather die rich than live poor." -N. Edward
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Welcome, new peeps. Please sign this form. WAIT NO don't actually read the small print...
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
The Sisko
Redshirt

Post by The Sisko »

Hello, I'm a 32 year old liberal arts major in Hicksville, Oregonsas, USA. My hobbies include existential dread and browsing this website for 15 years as a lurker. Decided after getting my shit rocked in two relationships that maybe I should try and do something I want with my life, so I'm going to University to go into film. (RIP.) This site really changed the way I view media as a younger kid and may have helped to start my interest in how things are 'made' and how they can be represented, leading me to where I'm at now, so I may as well get involved in discussion. See you... out there.
"Now who's the one making games? I'm just better at playing them than you, little child." - Alucard, Hellsing Ultimate
3-Body Problem
Youngling

Post by 3-Body Problem »

Hello, I'm a long-time lurker and a first-time poster.

I'm not sure why one of my recent posts was approved and the other was flagged as being from a sleeper spambot. I thought my post about how impractical modern airships would be at replacing container shipping was on topic.

Anyway, nice to meet all of you.