General SCA Thread

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Re: General SCA Thread

Post by Rogue 9 »

Well, Dag is getting set up for his eighth reign in the Middle Kingdom, and announced the standards for their crown tournament today. He has banned thrusting to the face, because can't have those damn dirty fencers sneaking another one in. :lol:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Rogue 9 wrote: 2022-07-23 10:12am Well, Dag is getting set up for his eighth reign in the Middle Kingdom, and announced the standards for their crown tournament today. He has banned thrusting to the face, because can't have those damn dirty fencers sneaking another one in. :lol:
He just hates losing that way. Is he going to do another "Evil King Dag" schtick again?

Everyone is gungho for Peace Week next week.
Your current King & Queen will be receiving invites to dinner from Æthelmearc's Royalty. I hope they like it... I'm painting theirs (and Ealdormere's, and Kingdom of West....)
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

LadyTevar wrote: 2022-07-23 12:20pm
Rogue 9 wrote: 2022-07-23 10:12am Well, Dag is getting set up for his eighth reign in the Middle Kingdom, and announced the standards for their crown tournament today. He has banned thrusting to the face, because can't have those damn dirty fencers sneaking another one in. :lol:
He just hates losing that way. Is he going to do another "Evil King Dag" schtick again?
I doubt it, but I suppose we'll see. That was a one-off in his sixth reign, so I'd be surprised to see the same extended joke again. He's really quite a nice guy as long as you don't offend his sense of propriety. He and another knight from the Pentamere region whose SCA name is slipping my mind right now run a podcast, The Everyday Knight. Their topic is the application of the chivalric virtues to modern life. They had a lot to say about Trump, none of it complimentary. :lol: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyJZfA ... 6jKCd2dxgQ
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Rogue 9 wrote: 2022-07-23 01:59pm
LadyTevar wrote: 2022-07-23 12:20pm
I doubt it, but I suppose we'll see. That was a one-off in his sixth reign, so I'd be surprised to see the same extended joke again. He's really quite a nice guy as long as you don't offend his sense of propriety. He and another knight from the Pentamere region whose SCA name is slipping my mind right now run a podcast, The Everyday Knight. Their topic is the application of the chivalric virtues to modern life. They had a lot to say about Trump, none of it complimentary. :lol: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyJZfA ... 6jKCd2dxgQ
His 6th reign he was at Blackstone Raids, and was looking for volunteers for his Dark Guards. One of the Barony Members volunteered, because he was that desperate to be "part of Court". He made a fool of himself by fainting in the hot armor in the middle of Court, because he'd forgotten to Hydrate.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I am really missing SCA events right now :(
Nothing is close enough for me to go to.