Political Affiliation, Republican, Democrart, Green?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

What party do you belong to or support?

Republican
20%
Democrat
20%
Libretarian
12%
Green
4%
Independant
44%

Total votes: 25

Talon Karrde
Fundamentalist Moron

Political Affiliation, Republican, Democrart, Green?

Post by Talon Karrde »

So what party do you all like to affiliate youself with? I want to familiarize myself with my friends and foes as I begin to jump into politcal debate :D

I'm only 17 so I dont officially belong to a party, but I strongly support the Republican party. LONG LIVE CONSERVATISM!
Last edited by Talon Karrde on 2002-08-06 10:56pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott France
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

I'm glad to see you didn't included an independent or none of the above option. It's good to see that you got us all figured out.
Last edited by Wicked Pilot on 2002-08-07 01:42pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Dictatorship lead by Me would be my choice of Political View mostly because I possese somthing no Pol does

A brain

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Talon Karrde
Fundamentalist Moron

Post by Talon Karrde »

My apologies USAF. I updated the poll just for you :D
Boycott France
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Talon Karrde wrote:My apologies USAF. I updated the poll just for you :D
You're a good man Talon Karrde.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Talon Karrde
Fundamentalist Moron

Post by Talon Karrde »

Thank you my friend ::bows:: :D
Boycott France
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

I despise any and all political parties.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Talon Karrde
Fundamentalist Moron

Post by Talon Karrde »

Howedar wrote:I despise any and all political parties.
May I ask why? And if you don't like parties, do you lean to the Conservative of Liberal side?
Boycott France
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

Libertarian following the political teachings of Wong, with a dark closet commie side who wants to crown himself Primier of the World as well :D
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

Kelly: SHUT UP ALREADY!
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

I'm a libertarian, and I generally despise the word "conservative" when applied to anything but a financial context.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

I follow the Independence party of Minnesota. And all those other partys suck especially the Republicans and Democrats.
"I got so high last night I figured out how clouds work." - the miracle of marijuana

Legalize It!

Proud Member of the local 404 Professional Cynics Union.

"Every Revolution carries within it the seeds of its own destruction."-Dune
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Independant. with liberal leanings. Im not afraid of change.

I vote on issues not for parties(not that I can leagally vote but what the hell)
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Talon Karrde
Fundamentalist Moron

Post by Talon Karrde »

Mr. B wrote:I follow the Independence party of Minnesota. And all those other partys suck especially the Republicans and Democrats.
So what is the Independence Parties main platform they run on? Liberal or Conservative? And why do the Republicans and Democrats suck? Just because they have a large following? (Although I do agree, I dislike Democrats :D)
Boycott France
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

Talon Karrde wrote: So what is the Independence Parties main platform they run on? Liberal or Conservative? And why do the Republicans and Democrats suck? Just because they have a large following? (Although I do agree, I dislike Democrats :D)
http://www.mnip.org/

The reason I hate the R/D is because they have become bloated with money and no longer listen to the people only those who give them tons of money unions, corporations, lawyers, rich people, eyc.
"I got so high last night I figured out how clouds work." - the miracle of marijuana

Legalize It!

Proud Member of the local 404 Professional Cynics Union.

"Every Revolution carries within it the seeds of its own destruction."-Dune
starfury
Jedi Master

Post by starfury »

The reason I hate the R/D is because they have become bloated with money and no longer listen to the people only those who give them tons of money unions, corporations, lawyers, rich people, eyc.

exactly, however I do tend to be centrist with liberal leaings.
"a single death is a tragedy, a million deaths are a statistic"-Joseph Stalin

"No plan survives contact with the enemy"-Helmuth Von Moltke

"Women prefer stories about one person dying slowly. Men prefer stories of many people dying quickly."-Niles from Frasier.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Philosophically, I'm Libertarian and I vote for LP candidates, though I'm registered as a Republican (largely because New Jersey has closed primaries, and if you don't register D/R, you don't get a say in who the major parties are running). I vote for libertarian republicans in the primaries (yes, I vote in them).

I don't like the Republicans because, primarily, I disagree with them on every social issue except gun control and abortion, and when Republicans do get elected, they turn into sniveling vote-suckers buying ballots with my tax dollars anyway (see, for example, the 8 years the Republican Party was in control of New Jersey: billions of dollars in debt thanks to new programs and expanded old ones that the current monkey in the state house has promised to pay off, I think, by raising taxes just slightly faster than he raises state expenses, instead of vice versa). I also don't like they way they pander to the likes of Robertson and Falwell.

I don't like the Democrats because of their tendency to forget that 1) every program has to be paid for, and 2) every penny the government spends has to be taken, somehow, from a taxpayer who earned it. And the Democrats play a nasty game of racial pandering, and are entirely too fond of Marxist class warfare language; "The right doesn't care about the working class", "the right doesn't care about minorities", etc.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues