I have had ENOUGH with this immigration bullshit!

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

I have had ENOUGH with this immigration bullshit!

Post by Superman »

I am so pissed off! I don't know what to do here.

Today I called that Congressman office again to find out why my wife isn't back here yet. He said that the INS is waiting on a particular file before they can make the approval decision. After that, they send it to another office that then sends it to Tokyo so my wife can come back. I asked the congressman rep if he thinks it could take up to another year, and he said that he wouldn't be surprised if it did (keep in mind we donated to this asshole to get my wife back earlier).

I am so fucking mad right now. I am NOT waiting another goddamned year for this mother fucking bullshit. As soon as 8 am London Time rolls around, I'm calling their immigration office to find out about getting working visas so my wife and I can live there and be together.

To make matters worse, I'm supposed to start the academy next month for the department of corrections. I tested for almost 3 years to get this job, and I probably can't take it now because of this crap. I don't know what to do here.

I haven't lived with my wife in a year, and he says he wouldn't be surprised if it takes ANOTHER YEAR? Are you fucking joking? Fuck this bullshit. I'm not sitting on my ass anymore. We're fucking moving.

My wife is really getting frusterated too. What the motherfucking bullshit kind of crap is this?

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Robert Walper
Dishonest Resident Borg Fan-Whore

Post by Robert Walper »

:? Sorry to hear is Supes. I haven't quite grasped where you're moving to though...?
Superman

Post by Superman »

I don't know, looks like England. Canada is very backlogged right now. It takes a year just for them to see your paperwork.
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

Did you decide on England if the INS didn't get there asses in gear? I'm pretty sure you said you weren't moving to Japan.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Robert Walper
Dishonest Resident Borg Fan-Whore

Post by Robert Walper »

Superman wrote:I don't know, looks like England. Canada is very backlogged right now. It takes a year just for them to see your paperwork.
Well, I hope that goes smoothly for you. I can only imagine your frusteration at not seeing your wife for that long. I'd be getting just tad peeved myself.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

If you´re married, why is it such a problem?
Superman

Post by Superman »

salm wrote:If you´re married, why is it such a problem?
Welcome to the USA.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Superman wrote:
Welcome to the USA.
Is that some post 9/11 bullshit or has it allways been like this?
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Superman wrote:
Welcome to the USA.
Not just USA, but other parts of the world as well. Down here for instance, my mum told me about a couple who got married and found it difficult for one partner to live here. I don't know much about that story however.

In any case, I feel sympathy for you and your plight. It's just bullshit.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

The old legend about "marry an American and you're in like greased lightning" is a fable. I feel bad for you, Supes, I really do. Try from another angle: is there any way someone in the Department of Corrections, your workplace, can scrounge up a work visa for your wife?

IIRC, you're in California and she's Japanese, and so her language skills can be handy translating among the Japanese population-- an obvious skill that typical Americans won't be able to match. It probably wouldn't be seen as useful in the Dept. of Corr, but as a state organization they probably know people who know people that need state linguists or Consular officials.

Government bureaucrat types hang around each other all the time. In the level of the suit-and-tie crowd, there's gotta be someone who has a connection. If you can get a state agency to pull for her....
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Superman

Post by Superman »

That's a good idea, but the INS is already processing her for residence. Starting over for a work visa would start EVERYTHING over. I've discussed this actually with that congressman rep.

I did find out, though, that because she is an accountant, if she gets a job offer from a company in the UK, we can move there to work. She has to get a job offer first, but it should only take a couple of months to get the visas issued. I think this is what we have to do here.

I just wonder what I can do in the UK... I'll find something.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

That really, totally sucks, Supes. Even if you do end up having to move to the UK, I just hope that you can get the situation resolved so that you and your wife can finally live together. Best of luck.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Superman

Post by Superman »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:That really, totally sucks, Supes. Even if you do end up having to move to the UK, I just hope that you can get the situation resolved so that you and your wife can finally live together. Best of luck.
Thanks. I'm really feeling a little bitter about here right now. If we move there to work, we probably won't come back.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Supes, you want them to move on this?

Take It To the MEDIA.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

LadyTevar wrote:Supes, you want them to move on this?

Take It To the MEDIA.
Amen to that.
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Take It To the MEDIA.
Woaah-ho that can go very BAD very QUICK, I mean you could end up on Hannity and Colmes show and then you just be either screwed(They go aginst you) or slightly helped(If they go for you)

A media circus is not the best option, it is an option though

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

Keevan_Colton wrote:

Take It To the MEDIA.
Amen to that.
Thirded.

On another stupid note, I keep getting spammed by the Green Card Lottery.

"We want you back, get $15"
"Don't miss your chance to become an American"
"You can live and work legally in America."

<sigh>
Last edited by Lord Zentei on 2005-06-06 04:22pm, edited 2 times in total.
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Superman wrote: I just wonder what I can do in the UK... I'll find something.
A guy like you can allways work as a bouncer and beat up chavs.
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

Mr Bean wrote:

Take It To the MEDIA.
Woaah-ho that can go very BAD very QUICK, I mean you could end up on Hannity and Colmes show and then you just be either screwed(They go aginst you) or slightly helped(If they go for you)

A media circus is not the best option, it is an option though
What other options are available right now?

EDIT: Perhaps you could sue them?
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Superman wrote:I just wonder what I can do in the UK... I'll find something.
I wish you the best of luck.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Cairber
Jedi Council Member

Post by Cairber »

My husband is a citizen of Panama and we just went through the "working VISA" fiasco. (we were married before we began this oh-so-wonderful journey) Frist of all, it took 8 months. We HAD to get an immigration lawyer, or it would have taken twice that long. The lawyer cost, in the end after all the filing costs and blahblahblah, about 4500$. I wish you luck and patience and possibly a blunt object with which to kill your lawyer, you will need it.
Say NO to circumcision IT'S A BOY! This is a great link to show expecting parents.

I boycott Nestle; ask me why!
General Brock
Jedi Council Member

Post by General Brock »

Considering how loose the Mexican border is, yes, I can see how annoying this can be. Now the USA will lose two educated, law-abiding, promising citizens. On the the hand, the UK is pretty cool in some places. If you're looking accross the pond in general, Ireland is supposed to be a nice place too, and the economy expanding.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Australia... You'll be welcomed with open arms here if you want to be a correctional officer.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

The U.K is wonderful, If youre tired of NY then you wont be tired of London :) , just be prepared to walk or use public transportation a lot.
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs

There you go... And check out sites like Job Search and Career One for employment possibilities.

And we are blood cheap too compared to much of the US and Europe.