Need help finding a German movie

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Need help finding a German movie

Post by mr friendly guy »

For some reason I am feeling sort of nostalgic and trying to find those European movies I watched when I was still on student on SBS. Now I am looking for a German romantic comedy I saw.

I mainly remember this because two of the actors were on Inspector Rex (commissario Rex) which was screened on SBS Australia and was quite popular that DVDs of the show with English subtitles are available in book shops. So checking out the wiki link to the show the two actors I recognise were Gedeon Burkhard and Martin Weinek.

Basically the plot of the story has Weinek's character being a immoral lawyer who once remarked in a response of a client's claim that if the press found out what they were doing, they will crucify us, with, they crucified Jesus, look what happen to his career. During a business lunch he ends up getting the waitress fired. Now the waitress is married to Burkhard's character, who is a bit of a loser (he is an artist who makes no money) and who is having an affair with the wife of Weinek's character. They arrange to meet up in Italy for a romantic rendez vous however the wife of Burkhard's character gets wind of it, and through a series of events ends up taking Weinek's character hostage. With her son's water pistol.

Any help would be appreciated. I know we have a few Germans on the board, so I am hoping someone will be able to help me find the film.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.